PDA

View Full Version : Dry Snacks

Rrolack
03-15-2006, 10:27 PM
Hello,

I had a question about snacking during the day. I currently eat three meals a day while at work (breakfast, lunch, and a second lunch around 4 pm). I often get hungry between meals, and the only food I have to snack on is peanuts.

Now, while I've seen peanuts recommended as a good mid-day snack food, I feel that my peanut intake is too high. Basically, I'm grabbing for a handful of peanuts many many times, all throughout the day. I fear that this makes my fat intake too high, and from a dietary perspective, eating peanuts all day is a little boring.

Is there any other dry snack food that I can add into the mix? I might potentially have access to a fridge, but anything that requires preparation would be out of the question.

getfit
03-16-2006, 01:23 AM
make your own protein bars,if you might have access to a fridge cottage cheese is great!

Stupendous
03-16-2006, 12:37 PM
Can't you just bring a cooler, with icepacks, with you? Then you don't have to worry about a fridge. That's what I do.

ddegroff
03-16-2006, 02:12 PM
fruits good, eat some almonds, walnuts, cashews. it sounds like your bulking so the extra fat isnt gonna hurt you (unless your getting some from many other sources). Put whey in a shaker, then when you want to drink it add water.

Rrolack
03-16-2006, 05:27 PM
it sounds like your bulking so the extra fat isnt gonna hurt you (unless your getting some from many other sources).

I am indeed bulking, but in each of the last two days, I ate 700 calories worth of peanuts. Perhaps this is too much extra fat? I guess I'd rather not get 20% of my daily cals just from peanuts alone.

ddegroff
03-16-2006, 10:49 PM
understandble, when I was bulking i would slam milk and peanuts whenever I got the chance. Get the cals when you can, 700 cals of peanuts a day isnt that much ( i get close to that from almonds right now).