PDA

View Full Version : Should I avoid coffee doing this?

Waitering
03-16-2006, 12:42 AM
I've read lot's of useful information but now it's time to shoot questions. I don't know if I'm the only one here but I'm an internet addict and mirror is giving me a motive to start working out.

I've been searching over the net for some basic guidelines to do it. I've been trying to do this (http://www.shortflip.com/article/Spring-Break-Workout-and-Nutrition-Guide-162.html) "by the book" for 3 months and it's starting to work for me. What do you guys think?

Please don't ask me to quit drinking coffee, it's an adiction!

Built
03-16-2006, 01:36 AM
You're cutting? Read the link in my sig.

Coffee is great when you're cutting!

Jordanbcool
03-16-2006, 09:35 AM
You're cutting? Read the link in my sig.

Coffee is great when you're cutting!

Make sure its black coffee

-jordan

The13ig13adWolf
03-16-2006, 09:42 AM
Make sure its black coffee

-jordan
depends on what your goals are and how strict you wanna be.

DumbDude
03-16-2006, 09:49 AM
I think a good question would be ... Is coffee bad for you? I keep finding contradictions when I look for the answer. Here is the most recent article I have read. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/654018.stm
I have also read tons about how it can reduce anxiety, suicide in women, even heard that it is an antioxident! So the facts are not out yet I guess. I would like to know what others have read about this issue.

Jordanbcool
03-16-2006, 12:14 PM
depends on what your goals are and how strict you wanna be.

Your goal on a cut is to lose weight. Black coffee is the only coffee you should be drinking on a cut. That being said.

Its great!

-jordan

getfit
03-16-2006, 12:55 PM
Your goal on a cut is to lose weight. Black coffee is the only coffee you should be drinking on a cut. That being said.

Its great!

-jordan
if you add a dash of milk, i don't think it would make much of a difference

Built
03-16-2006, 03:46 PM
Milk, splenda... hell, even cream and sugar if it fits your macros.

Shao-LiN
03-16-2006, 07:36 PM
Black coffee is the only coffee you should be drinking on a cut.

-jordan

Why?

Jordanbcool
03-17-2006, 10:06 AM
Why?

The basic evil of coffee is not the actual coffee but what people add to it. Like built said if it adds into your macros then you consume it. I still think though coffee should always be black while your on a cut. Most people dont watch how much they put in there. For instance. I put in about 1/2 cup sugar + one cup 2% milk when i used to drink coffee. The reason? Black coffee tastes like crap. When im done with it, it tasted like hot chocolate. I doubt it was helpful on my cut though.

-jordan

Shao-LiN
03-17-2006, 09:58 PM
I throw some Splenda in and maybe some skim milk...tastes ok...I'm not a coffee drinker, though. But it doesn't HAVE to be black, just like you don't HAVE to eat 100% clean. Most people don't pay attention to what they put in their coffee, I agree. Great thing to do on a cut? Pay attention, hehe. Not much different than paying attention to what food is going into your mouth.

Built
03-18-2006, 02:22 AM
:withstupi

Yep. Doesn't matter WHAT you eat - just hit your mins for protein and fat, don't go over on the cals, and you're good to go. The rest of the details matter, but not nearly as much as we're lead to believe.

Jordanbcool
03-18-2006, 02:15 PM
I throw some Splenda in and maybe some skim milk...tastes ok...I'm not a coffee drinker, though. But it doesn't HAVE to be black, just like you don't HAVE to eat 100% clean. Most people don't pay attention to what they put in their coffee, I agree. Great thing to do on a cut? Pay attention, hehe. Not much different than paying attention to what food is going into your mouth.

Agreed.

-jordan

Dargo
03-20-2006, 09:12 AM
Quick Question:

Does coffee itself have any calories? I ask this because I'm doing a PSMF for the next 2 weeks and wanted to make sure I'm not adding calories into my diet. I use "fake" powdered creamer which, by the label, contains no real calories.

I really need the caffeine so I hope the answer is no:rolleyes:

Thanks,

getfit
03-20-2006, 09:15 AM
black coffee no calories

Dargo
03-20-2006, 09:28 AM
black coffee no calories

This is wonderful news:thumbup:

Thank you,

Jorge Sanchez
03-20-2006, 10:05 AM
Black coffee tastes like crap.

:withstupi

I drink green tea instead. It has more caffeine and is probably more helpful for losing fat on a cut. It`s also got all those good anti-oxidants and polyphenols.

CdnLifter
03-20-2006, 10:10 AM
Gotta have my java ..
If the diet is for contest purposes then I would go light with the dairy.
For me coffee black has nothing to do with calories. I continue to drink it as my appetitie is suppressed.

And nothing better than early morning cardio with an ECa stack.

Cdn.

Ricochet_kid
03-20-2006, 12:00 PM
The reason? Black coffee tastes like crap.

I drink loads of black coffee every day, :eek: I have a little 5 cup coffee pot on my desk at work and make a pot in the morning and another in the afternoon. If you don't like your coffee black, maybe try other kinds of coffee the variety is huge in different kinds of beans and roasts. (flavoured coffees are gross though) Maybe try filtered water, or some people add a bit of salt to the ground beans and they like it more.

I recently tried a 'presidents choice' blend called "The great canadian coffee" and that one is awesome.

TECHO
03-20-2006, 12:09 PM
I <3 Coffee

Coffee Coffee Coffee

Down it goes.. down into my belly

-Ron Burgundy wannabe

Glad to hear black coffee has no calories, btw. That was on the back of my mind and I just hadn't looked it up yet.

Three cheers for black coffee!

Spence
03-20-2006, 12:17 PM
Coffee Coffee Coffee

Down it goes.. down into my belly

-Ron Burgundy wannabe

Glad to hear black coffee has no calories, btw. That was on the back of my mind and I just hadn't looked it up yet.

Three cheers for black coffee!

:thumbup: Go Ron Burgundy!!!
I LOVE my coffee - about 5 a day. Large - one milk. So I can continue drinking all my coffee?? (I've been wondering...). Of course when I cut I'll make sure it's counted...
Mmmm Coffee. I love you

getfit
03-20-2006, 12:21 PM
i love coffee as well, 1 cup for me,if i had more i'd run a marathon :p