PDA

View Full Version : Pics!!!

soul71
03-16-2006, 05:22 AM
ahoy, this is me, just posting my progress photo for a comparison later, never done alot of weight training, but rowed state for some years

anyway, id love some advice/ constructive comments because im going to give lifting a shot

(no legs shots, my legs are royally screwed, the reason being a) nothing to see b) i know i need improvement there, major improvement. I severely injured both my calf muscles in an incedent in rowing, major nasty damage, its still healing, so no leg weights at all for a while methinks) but i used to squat 130kg (ish, some days a bit less.. some more.. not sure what that is in pounds. i dont think thats much but yeah, gives an idea)

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/7203/lfolfoflfo24cb.jpg

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/7619/yeahwoot0vl.jpg

eastbaylifter
03-16-2006, 10:58 AM
For someone who hasn't seriously trained before, you've got a good base to start from - not too much body fat. When starting out, you'll make gains fairly quickly. I recommend in the beginning to work on form and not go too heavy, and do a full-body routine (2 or 3 times a week). Good luck - can't wait to see your progress in 6 months!

soul71
03-17-2006, 02:25 AM
hey also, me and a mate were having a discussion about the various body types, he's very similar to me in build.. what body type would you say i have?

and also.. id love a bf% estimate if thats at all possible XD

eastbaylifter
03-20-2006, 08:48 AM
Hard to say your body type without seeing your legs. But I'd say your more of an ectomorph. But personally, I don't think that matters. What matters is following the advice you'll find here regarding diet and exercise. Keep at it an be patient!

Bruin
03-29-2006, 04:14 PM
Your pix looks strangely like me about 4 months ago. I'm no pro, but from my own experience I'd say you need to hit the benchpress: flat, wide & narrow grip as wellas inclined bench press (same 2 grips). I imagine the leg injury has impacted your ab routine, but keep the crunches going. Again, I'm not sure if I'm looking at your pix or mine... so I can say you're looking good, and with some continued progress you'll/we'll be truly fine.