PDA

View Full Version : 8 week cut - diet

accuFLEX
03-16-2006, 05:32 AM
Im starting an 8 week cut today. Im 6'2, 210lbs, an at the end of this my goal is to be just under 200. Im aiming for approx. 2000cals a day. It may seem low, but I tried that last year and was losing a good bit of weight. If I find im losing to much, ill up it by 200 or so cals.

Diet

830 - ½ cup of dry oatmeal ~ 160cals (I think)
Can of tuna or 2 whole eggs and 100mls of egg whites (tuna is ~120cals, eggs are ~200cals)
Cup of coffee
Tbsp. of peanut butter ~100cals
cup of OJ ~100cals

Noon or 1pm - 2 chicken burgers ~320cals total
Salad (I add some chicken, cheese and low fat dressing in it to) not sure on the calories, maybe ~150 at most?

3pm-cup of cottage cheese ~180cals
- two scoops of whey and some milk ~ 225 cals’
- cup of coffee if I need it

6pm - Dinner, usually high carb, high protein meal ~500cals

8pm - piece of fruit ~100 cals

That’s roughly 170g of protein.

Supplements:
2 omega-3
2 green tea extract
2 multi vitamin
2 calcium
5g creatine

Davidelmo
03-16-2006, 05:36 AM
Looks nice.

When is your workout? Do you have a shake afterwards?

The only thing I can think of is that you have quite a gap between 8:30 and 1pm. I assume there's some reason why you can't have a snack at 11am because you're consistent with your afternoon meals every 3 hours.

Jordanbcool
03-16-2006, 05:54 AM
Work out the macros. Roughly half your diet should be protein on a cut. The rest should be a mixture of carbs and fat.

-jordan

accuFLEX
03-16-2006, 10:15 AM
Im trying to get
180g protein
200g carbs
60g fat

Too many carbs? should I be aiming for 200g protein, 180g carbs and 60g fat? or should I drop that fat level to around 40?

edit: im in class from 930 til one on most days. Im going to add an apple in there or somehting. Today was somewhat rough, hungry.....errrr

ddegroff
03-16-2006, 10:26 AM
protein is good, drop the carbs increse the fats. On your workout days take most of your carbs pre/post workout. Your eating about what I'm eating and I weigh 25lbs less than you. I would say start your cals higher because you dont want to drop to fast. I started at 2200 for 8wks and slowed down so now i'm at 2000.

If you want to carb cycle, you can lower your carbs even lower on your off days, fill in the extra cals with fat.

accuFLEX
03-22-2006, 05:19 AM
So its been a week, UP 2 DAM POUNDS!!!

I know I shouldn't be so quick to juge, but dam!

I have a question regarding creatine and cutting. Will it influence me in anyway? I gained water weight when I went on it, but like, will the creatine be giving me a false reading until I go off it?

Should I change my macros to 50% protein/ 25% carb / 25% fat?

and are macros the calories from the grams or just the grams?

ddegroff
03-22-2006, 10:53 AM
I do 36%PRO, 36%Fat, 28% CHO. Macro nutrients, meaning the nutrients that give you energy, CHO, PRO, FAT. Its been a week relax and stick with it. See what the weight is next week. If it goes up or doesnt budge you probably need to lower the cals or add some HIIT.

Now as far as creatine goes, i've been taking my creatine my entire cut. As long as you continue to take the creatine the same way each week then you should be able to see weight loss.

Holto
03-22-2006, 11:02 AM
Roughly half your diet should be protein on a cut.

This is totally arbitrary.

Care to explain?

Built
03-22-2006, 01:19 PM
Work out the macros. Roughly half your diet should be protein on a cut. The rest should be a mixture of carbs and fat.

-jordan

Jordon seems hell-bent on continuing the "dietary ratios" myth.

Built
03-22-2006, 01:23 PM
protein is good, drop the carbs increse the fats. On your workout days take most of your carbs pre/post workout. Your eating about what I'm eating and I weigh 25lbs less than you. I would say start your cals higher because you dont want to drop to fast. I started at 2200 for 8wks and slowed down so now i'm at 2000.

If you want to carb cycle, you can lower your carbs even lower on your off days, fill in the extra cals with fat.
Exactly.

So its been a week, UP 2 DAM POUNDS!!!

I know I shouldn't be so quick to juge, but dam!
Sometimes, you'll get a bit of water bloat when you start dieting. Happens to a lot of people.

I have a question regarding creatine and cutting. Will it influence me in anyway? I gained water weight when I went on it, but like, will the creatine be giving me a false reading until I go off it?
Anything with zero cals that helps your muscles work on a cut is a Good Thing (tm). It's just water. Keep creatine in your cutting diet.

Should I change my macros to 50% protein/ 25% carb / 25% fat?

and are macros the calories from the grams or just the grams?

Please ignore dietary ratios. They mean nothing, because they're anchored to total calories, not to your body's LBM.

Read the cutting link in my sig. Drop me a line if you need more on this.

ddegroff
03-22-2006, 02:23 PM
^^^ i agree ratios are meaningless, i gave him an idea of what i get in a day. by no means does that mean i shoot for those ratios, it just so happens thats what they come out to be after getting 1g/lb of lbm of PRO, and .5g/lbm of fat and filling in carbs.

(just wanted to clarify that I don't like ratio's)

Built
03-22-2006, 02:39 PM
I figured that was what you were getting at, ddegroff. For normal people living on maintenance cals, anchoring macros to total cals makes as much sense as anchoring them to LBM. But for those of us who bulk and cut...