PDA

View Full Version : carb and protein powders

psyte
03-18-2006, 12:17 AM
I have been using N-Large2 for a workout drink, but I want to start mixing a separate carb powder and whey protein powder so I can control the amount of each I put in the drink. There seems to be all kinds of whey powders so I'm having a hard time choosing one. As far as carb powders, the only one I have been able to find so far is Twinlab's Ultra Fuel. My question is: what brands of each would you suggest?

Nito
03-18-2006, 12:24 AM
Carbs is usually not a problem for most people. I could see why you're taking protein powder but carb powder? Their is a big list of carbs in the "What a Bodybuilder eats post" Take a look at that, its probably a lot better then any carb powder.

psyte
03-18-2006, 12:26 AM
I'm just looking for something specifically to use in my pre and post workout drink. I'm good as far as post workout meals go.

Nito
03-18-2006, 12:29 AM
I'm just looking for something specifically to use in my pre and post workout drink. I'm good as far as post workout meals go.

Oh, I've never used a powder for this, but you can google search maltodextrin and dextrose powders.

ddegroff
03-18-2006, 01:44 AM
yeah dex if its in a shaker, I use honey (i'm the only one). If you got a blender for post you could use oats.

Built
03-18-2006, 02:39 AM
If you use oats, POWDER THEM WHILE DRY, THEN add them to the shake.

Maltodextrin and dextrose mixed half and half, or just one or the other, is a cheap and very effective way to do it, too. They can be purchased at a U-brew (malto may be sold as a beer conditioner) or online. I get my dextrose at the grocery store, in the "beer and winemaking kit" aisle.

psyte
03-18-2006, 02:11 PM
Thanks, Built. All the powders I saw before had too much fructose and I didn't know you could just buy straight malto and dextrose (which was exactly what I was looking for), so that would be perfect.

jazer80
03-22-2006, 02:30 PM
check out 1fast400.com for bulk powders like that