PDA

View Full Version : Loweiring protein intake

sicko281
03-18-2006, 12:18 AM
Hello
Has anyone experienced this? Getting more cut by lowering protein

I am 70-71 kg.
I usually eat every 2.5-3 hours having 40 grams of protein food in every meal... Im not that big , but i am well cut... I noticed something though.... My fat intake used to be small... Now i try to have just one piece of chicken (instead of 1.5-2 chicken) in each meal....and substitute these calories with fat....Either virgin oil or lean beef steak......(smaller piece-lower protein),or some almonds....
It looks to me , (pretty sure , one change in my diet allows me to see more veins in my lower abs in 2-3 days) my body cannot hold to utilize so much protein each day.I mean....come on i am just 70 kg....do I need 200 grams of protein every day? i was probably doing 60% protein 30% carbs 10% fats..... changing to 45% protein 30% carbs 25% fat would be wiser wouldnt it?

notice my carb intake.... i usually take 2 carbohydrate meals pre and post workout.......and a high carbohydrate day every 5-6 days if i need I have to... ( 30% protein 60% healthy carbs 10% fats)

ddegroff
03-18-2006, 01:36 AM
in all actuallity you only need about ~.8g/lb of lbm. What you just pointed out is pretty much a cutting diet. I get about 36/36/28 P/F/C on workout days.

So yes it would be weiser to do this to get more "cut". But at a glance I would say you don't need to cut, IMO.

Built
03-18-2006, 01:54 AM
It's not that the protein should go lower on a cut - but the total cals have to drop, and fats are satiating, so once you've dropped as much carb as you want to, the next logical place is protein, provided you still eat sufficient protein to support your LBM.