PDA

View Full Version : Bulking

Shobe
03-18-2006, 10:00 PM
Hey everyone, I'm considering doing a bulking cycle. However, I have a lot of worries. As you all know already, I have been cutting for a while now. But now I figured while I still have fat on my stomach and chest, why not bulk and get bigger like I want to be anyway, then lose all the fat later. But here is the thing, I'm very worried that once I begin eating all this food calories I"m going to get extremely fat instead of where I"m at now. Currently I"m 5"11" 175lbs. But see I have come a long way, I used to 265lbs, but I lost 90lbs as you can read. My problem is I want to get bigger muscles and have a bigger build. So therefore I must bulk, but I"m extremely worried I will get fat again. See I have type of body, that I just look at food and I get fat. And it really sucks, because I want to be able to be big a muscular. Help!

ddegroff
03-18-2006, 10:24 PM
When i started my last bulk i was 5'11" 166 with still some fat on my stomach. I bulked to 194ish and started cutting. I'm currently 183 and I look better than I did at 166. So you could do things. First you could continue to cut for the summer, then bulk at the end of the summer. Second, if you don't care about how you look this summer you could bulk gain some muscle then cut.

When I got down to 166 i just felt like i couldn't lose anymore weight (probably could have but I felt so small). Its all about how you feel about your body if your happy with the weight and want to gain some then go for it.

gator
03-19-2006, 01:00 AM
When i started my last bulk i was 5'11" 166 with still some fat on my stomach. I bulked to 194ish and started cutting. I'm currently 183 and I look better than I did at 166. So you could do things. First you could continue to cut for the summer, then bulk at the end of the summer. Second, if you don't care about how you look this summer you could bulk gain some muscle then cut.

When I got down to 166 i just felt like i couldn't lose anymore weight (probably could have but I felt so small). Its all about how you feel about your body if your happy with the weight and want to gain some then go for it.

sounds exactly like my progress, give or take a couple of lbs here and there. how many months was that transformation?

Shobe
03-19-2006, 09:25 AM
See my problem is, I want to get very big muscular wise, but like I said I"m scared to death I will get fat again. I guess my question is then, if I do decide to bulk how hard is it to get the fat back off. And whats the best way to avoid it???

Holto
03-19-2006, 09:32 AM
And whats the best way to avoid it???

Count cals and bulk slowly.

ddegroff
03-19-2006, 10:06 AM
^^^^yup

gator: I bulked from august till mid november (could have gone longer but my life got mixed up and i lost my gym). I've been cutting for about 8wks now down about 12lbs (really slow bulk, trying to keep all the muscle). So In total 7months it took and about a month or so left.

Built
03-19-2006, 10:32 AM
I went through this my first bulk. I had spent 20 years fat, and I was terrified of gaining weight on purpose after getting it all OFF me, finally.

Don't bulk too fast, and don't let yourself get too fat. Aim for about a 4-5 lb a month gain (I do about half that, female) and set a date/weight goal where you're gonna stop.

When it comes time to cut, post up your plan. We'll all help you get there.

My experience has been that once you know how to gain and lose weight, and you're more muscular, you can relax and enjoy the process. It's not so hard now that I really know how to cut.

Shobe
03-19-2006, 11:45 AM
Well as far as my bulk goes, I was gonna try following the 40/40/20 bulk. 40% cals from protein, 40% cals from carbs and 20% fat. I used the formula of calculating my weight X 17= 2,975 daily calories. Then I took 2,975 X 40%=1,190 cals from protein = 297 grams of protein. Then I did the same for my carbs. Finally I took 2,975 X 20% to calculate my fat. = 66G fat. Is this a good plan to follow????

See my other problem is, I have never been the type to eat 6 meals a day. I still eat 3 meals a day. I also have a problem planning meals out. Hope this little info can give you some inside info on me. Here is a example of what I could come up for a diet for myself:

Meal 1-4 egg whites, 2 turkey sausage links & either a bowl of oatmeal or grapenuts
Meal 2-2 cans of tuna on 2 slices of whole wheat bread. Either a handful of almonds or a tblsp of natty peanut butter & a banana.
Meal 3-Can of chicken over romaine lettuce. almonds.
Meal 4-Either skinless, boneless chicken, turkey or steak with green beans.
Meal 5-Cassein Shake

Built
03-19-2006, 12:33 PM
Check your PMs, bud.