PDA

View Full Version : Just Do It!

Pages : [1] 2

kate
03-21-2006, 03:29 AM
okay...why is starting a journal so scary? is it coz it means a commitment? is it coz it means now i cant turn back and this is it? ohhhhhh i'm nervous, kate u idiot!
lol, i'm kate, i'm from australia and have been reading all your journals and your success! everyone has something different to share and its great to hear what wonderful achievements everyone has made.
i am 19 years old, and have just opened my own dance school business after i completed my teaching course over the last two years.
My battle with my weight started when i was just 9 years old. my dad died in a sudden accident and both my mum and i turned to food as a way to cope. i struggled ever since but getting it under control in the late high school years.
for the last two years i have been studying in Melbourne which is a 3 hour drive from where i live. so every weekend i would drive the distancxe for dance classes and to see my man. originally a country girl changing to the city lifestyle was crazy for me and i didnt cope very well. i joined a gym however being away from home wasnt disciplined with food.
all of this is just excuses but when it cam,e down to it, i ate crap and didnt exercise and look after my body. now i have a successful business, i am back in the country, i am with my man and my family and there are no more excuses!

so, now is the time!
my stats are:
heigh: 166cm (no sure in feet and inches)
weight: 68kg (apx.149.6)
waist: 32''
hips: 39"
chest: 36"
thigh: 23"
upper arm: 11"

my goals are to lose body fat and gain muscle
i know when i am eating well and exercisig i feel FANTASTIC!!!!
so this is it....
WISH ME LUCK!

kate
03-21-2006, 03:34 AM
below is my training plan, please critique, any feedback would be great!

W/O 1: chest, shoulder, quads, tri's and abs
pushups, dumbbel chest, bench dips, lateral raises, tri extention, squats, flys, sumo squats, crunches and scissors

W/O 2: Back, Bis, Glutes, Obliques Hammys
Lat pull down, Deadlifts, Static lunges, Back extension, hamstring curl, dumbbell curl bicycle crunches russian twists

Both done twice per week of 6-10 reps and 3 sets
+ 2 HIIT sessions per week and 1 SS cardio per week

CALS PER DAY: 1500
i am worried i am eating too many cals. i weigh 149.6lb and am 65 1/2 "

any feedback would be awesome...thanks, good or bad or can take it!!!

kate
03-21-2006, 04:31 PM
SLEEP:
9 hours- damn i feel good!!

[B]CARDIO:
None so far but plan on doing HIIT this arvo

WEIGHTS:
None so far- lol

[B]DIET:
Havent eaten yet- lol

that is all :burger:

getfit
03-21-2006, 04:42 PM
i'm sorry to hear about your loss Kate :(

what's your diet like?

how long have you been doing this split?

are you progressing at all?

McIrish
03-21-2006, 10:30 PM
Hmmm, I may be wrong, but I think particularly if you're working out (ie., lifting heavy objects and putting them back down), 1500 calories might be a little *low* for you. For reference, read Built's journal. I think she packs away somewhere in the 2300 range (I pulled that number out of thin air, though, so you'll have to check), and she's roughly 10-15 lbs lighter than you are (about 5 kg for you crazy Aussies ;)).

Props on starting a journal, though. All my best! Hope you make some great progress - I'm sure you will with this kinda attitude.

brickt.
03-21-2006, 11:23 PM
YAYAYA another Australian.

Good luck with your goals, Kate!

kate
03-22-2006, 04:31 PM
getfit - thnaks for the encouragement. i am only just starting this split i wanted a bit of advise before i do too much so i am heading in the right direction. diet ok, needs work! never perfect!

kate
03-22-2006, 04:32 PM
getfit - thnaks for the encouragement. i am only just starting this split i wanted a bit of advise before i do too much so i am heading in the right direction. diet ok, needs work! never perfect!

McIrish- thanx, i will check it out! *CRAZY AUSSIES? i think thats a compliment!

Brickt- YAYAYAYAYAY! where u from???

thanks to u all for your help!

brickt.
03-22-2006, 05:58 PM
I live in Cairns - just recovering from Cyclone Larry. :bang:

kate
03-22-2006, 11:27 PM
oh u poor thing...i have seen it on the TV, hope all is ok!

brickt.
03-23-2006, 02:24 AM
Not to worry - check out the thread I made in the General Chat forum.

kate
03-23-2006, 02:55 AM
HOLY F***!!!
thats crazy!!i think someone said "i hope your kitchen and gym are ok"!
really...they ok? i often wonder about that stuff..what a night mare!!

kate
03-23-2006, 03:05 AM
crap crap crap...bad day! it is my sisters birthday tomorrow n celebrations have started already...bad bad bad bad bad day!! chocolate and coffee and cake...omg shoot me now!!
i feel so guilty!! and the 'icing on the cake' (so to speak) i did NO EXERCISE!!!! aggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

brickt.
03-23-2006, 03:33 AM
You got to enjoy cake on your sisters b'day, sounds good to me :)

If your really concerned, maybe cut cals little tomorrow (Only a little!) However, I woudn't bother.

I want cake.

kate
03-23-2006, 03:34 AM
good idea..thanx...cake is good! lol

midee1
03-23-2006, 05:08 AM
MMMMMMMMMMMM Cake!!!!!!!:drooling:

kate
03-23-2006, 05:19 AM
mmmm, no more talk on cake or i will start to look like a BIG cake! sleepy time! night all!

midee1
03-23-2006, 05:24 AM
sleepy time! night all!

What do you mean good night. I'm taking my kids to school right now. You dang Aussies' are all screwed up.;)

YoBrickWall
03-23-2006, 05:40 AM
can we talk about Pizza.. Pizza does a body good

YBW

kate
03-23-2006, 09:06 PM
What do you mean good night. I'm taking my kids to school right now. You dang Aussies' are all screwed up.;)

we are screwed up?? i betcha you are sleeping right now ha?!?!? lol

yeah lets talk bout pizza....mmmmmmmmm tis also good for the soul!!

kate
03-23-2006, 09:10 PM
could anyone help me devise a program, i have read all the stickies n stuff bout seriously i'm sooooooooooooooooo confused!!!
my physio says i really need to strengthen the medial part of my knee due to knee surgery last year, so i'm guessing i need to incorporate squats in there some where... i love working my upper body and back.
i just dont trust myself to write my own program, is there any where i can go (apart from personal trainers who i think know sweet f*** all) to get one written up for me or would any body here be willing to give it a go?

Bohizzle
03-23-2006, 10:12 PM
check out wbb1, on www.wannabebig.com in the articles section, it's pretty basic and gives u everything u'll need. if u don't like that one, maybe try out built's baby got back, or fortified iron's routine that he set up (gotta search for it in bb section). hope that helps a bit, and welcome!

Andrew

kate
03-23-2006, 10:55 PM
hey andrew,
thanks alot i will check it out n see how i go!

YoBrickWall
03-24-2006, 07:49 AM
most personal trainers you see in the gym you would guess they never lifted a weight in ther life..goes to show anybody can get certified....yup Pizza does the soul good.

YBW

Anthony
03-24-2006, 08:02 AM
kate, if you're looking for general fitness and strength (which most people are lacking), you may want to check out crossfit. The principles are solid and it's easy to incorporate specialized training into the program should you participate in other sports like dancing, etc.

A few reasons why I like it and think anyone could benefit:
- it's free.
- it's fun, competitive, and motivating.
- it builds a solid base of strength and conditioning that has huge carry over into other sports.
- for those who don't want to spend time devising a program, they take care of it for you.
- for those who do like to make their own program, crossfit is extremely flexible.

kate
03-25-2006, 08:16 PM
thanx anthony will check it out!!

Built
03-25-2006, 08:21 PM
Just getting caught up here...

Hi there Kate - you can also look at my "baby got back" split, and read my cutting thread - both are links in my sig. Pop in my log or PM me anytime if you want to chat about either of these.

Your cals look a little low. Any idea how your macros are in your diet?

kate
03-26-2006, 03:50 PM
yeah i am sort of stabbing in the dark with my cals i dont want to eat too much and go backwards however i know the down falls to not eating enough! i will up them a bit and see how i go!
thanx built

Built
03-26-2006, 05:06 PM
Kate, track on fitday while you fiddle with your diet, so you can see what works - and what doesn't. There's really no other way to know.

brickt.
03-26-2006, 05:26 PM
^^
Kate I'd start with 1800 calories with something like:

P: 180g
C: 120g
F: 67g
1800 cals

Track that for week or two, and see what happens. Don't worry, you wont gain weight on 1800cals, you'll probably lose weight.

Do you know what to eat? Are you training?

EDIT: I see you're training. Make sure your eating the right foods.

The lady above me did her cut on like 1800calories, and she's hardcore. 1500 is really, really low.

kate
03-26-2006, 06:35 PM
BUILT: i will do that, just subscribed to fitday!

BRICKT: Thnx darl, yeah i'm training just need to be more disciplined in the way of diet, i know how darn important it is! i just have to do it!
i will now try to up my calories- wow, that a lot more food!
how can i up my calories safely not stupidly (ie. chocolate and icecream!! lol) should i eat more volume (serving size) or more often?

Built
03-26-2006, 06:38 PM
Very likely just up the fats. Do you know rougly what your macronutrient breakdown is now?

kate
03-26-2006, 08:16 PM
i try to eat 1g per pound each day and go low on the carbs. i know i do need to up the fats a bit but exact breakdown, no.
i didnt realise it was so important as long i was getting enough

Built
03-26-2006, 08:18 PM
Read my cutting link in my sig. No need to carb cycle unless you want to, but read the guideline on how to set up your diet.

Clifford Gillmore
03-26-2006, 08:25 PM
kate, if you're looking for general fitness and strength (which most people are lacking), you may want to check out crossfit. The principles are solid and it's easy to incorporate specialized training into the program should you participate in other sports like dancing, etc.

A few reasons why I like it and think anyone could benefit:
- it's free.
- it's fun, competitive, and motivating.
- it builds a solid base of strength and conditioning that has huge carry over into other sports.
- for those who don't want to spend time devising a program, they take care of it for you.
- for those who do like to make their own program, crossfit is extremely flexible.

You forgot to mention it kills of the weak...

Excellent journal so far Kate, I will try to follow this one closely.

kate
03-26-2006, 08:59 PM
You forgot to mention it kills of the weak...

Excellent journal so far Kate, I will try to follow this one closely.

thats sweet...thanx ;)

YoBrickWall
03-27-2006, 08:07 PM
dont drop the Pizza from your diet

YBW

kate
03-27-2006, 08:34 PM
lol, u 2

Pup
03-28-2006, 06:55 AM
dont drop the Pizza from your diet

YBW

AMEN.

YoBrickWall
03-28-2006, 07:46 AM
hey girl- wake up
Pup-LMAO

YBW

kate
03-28-2006, 03:03 PM
WAKE UP...at 1:46am, hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...yea h right!

so i am buying a new car, brand new...i'm so excited, wot u all think of lancers????? i'm going from a white '96 toyota camry to a black mitsubishi lancer. i'm excited!

Pup
03-28-2006, 04:11 PM
Those cars are bomb...nice choice.

kate
03-29-2006, 04:08 AM
thanx pup, glad to have a male approval!!

well kate...since u started a journal it would be prob be a good idea to write in it (dah!)
had a great back/chest w/o yesterday and sore as crap today! leg workout, squats, hack squats, straight legged deadlifts, curls, calf raises.

question: i hate hack squats, does anyone do these and how the hell you get your form right? they just feel absolutly ridiculous!!!! anywho, to bed now (as u ppl are waking up i suppose)
try and get 8 hours for a change!

YoBrickWall
03-29-2006, 05:12 AM
kate-OMG i do anything to have a hack squat machine..iin vegas the weight room was on the second floor and when ever i did the hack i couldnt use the stairs.. i came down in the elevator to come down then do the army crawl out the building..
looks ridiculous but feels gooood

YBW

kate
03-30-2006, 03:33 AM
JUST DO IT... i am! apart from the chocolate slip, damn those chocolate fundraisers!!!!!
i picked up an aussie mag today, all about 'women's health and fitness'.
i had to share this coz it carcked me up, on the cover were a few interesting headings, one was "get angelina's (jolie) body in only 20 mins a day" the next was "7 ways to cheat your diet" this particularly made me laugh coz i could think of a hell of alot more way to cheat than that, and the last but very best "get this body (covergirls) without exercsie, we'll show u how" yea i was suprised to as they were trying to sell a 'fitness' magazine. so you can be fit without doing exercsie i thought, wow!! fantastic!!
but i also thought that they wouldnt publish this mag if ppl didnt buy it, so ppl actually buy, read and believe that CRAP!!!!! omg!! :confused:

YoBrickWall
03-30-2006, 07:40 AM
so i am buying a new car, brand new...i'm so excited, wot u all think of lancers????? i'm going from a white '96 toyota camry to a black mitsubishi lancer. i'm excited![/QUOTE]

ya know what they say- once you go black youll never go back

YBW

kate
03-30-2006, 03:28 PM
hahahahaha, y do they say that????

Pup
03-30-2006, 03:44 PM

Are you sure you really want him to answer that question?

...and why the hell is there no posted workout in here :whip:

YoBrickWall
03-30-2006, 06:45 PM

ah that is all hear say but do you know why men cant get mad cow diseases?
cause were PIGS

YBW

kate
03-30-2006, 07:28 PM
Are you sure you really want him to answer that question?

...and why the hell is there no posted workout in here :whip:

sorry...my bad!! will try and remember to post em ok

YBW: babe, wot r u talking about???

kate
03-30-2006, 07:50 PM
ok, new week resolution....NO BLOODY CHOCOLATE!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drooling: stop it kate...NOW!! :mad:

YoBrickWall
03-31-2006, 07:53 PM
you are slacking on posting your workout..come on girl lets get with the program

YBW

kate
03-31-2006, 09:18 PM
ok ok i said i will, next week! remind me tho! k

Pup
04-01-2006, 05:45 AM
What the hell...is this the one workout a week program!

kate
04-01-2006, 03:32 PM
no what i meant was i will start posting it next week, that ok by u???

kate
04-03-2006, 12:10 AM
Monday 3rd April

Sleep
7.5 hours, should have been 8.5 but stupid me didnt turn my alarm clock back- i know u guys r turning your forwards but here we r turning em backwards, stupid kate!

Diet
good, dont have time to jot it down but i have been so good today, could drink more water tho

Training\
have declared today the rest day for the week, no time has been spare for me to train. i have neihbours complaining about the noise level from my dance studio and have had to prepare notes and files for a meeting tomorrow and if its not good i could get kicked out- i have spent $40,000 on this place and so thats not exacly the desired outcome. will resume training tomorrow

Built
04-03-2006, 02:42 AM
Kate - I see that life is biting your plans in the ass a bit... I totally know how difficult it can be to get a plan going.

Are you tracking your food on fitday yet? Have you read my cutting info yet?

YoBrickWall
04-03-2006, 07:31 AM
Miss Kate- hope all goes in your favor..evrything will come in place for your traing,nothing happens over night

YBW

kate
04-03-2006, 05:05 PM
BUILT: thanks, yes have chcked it out with some great info. have applied some to my plan!

YBW: thanks babe, your support is awesome!

kate
04-03-2006, 05:19 PM
Kate - I see that life is biting your plans in the ass a bit... I totally know how difficult it can be to get a plan going.

Are you tracking your food on fitday yet? Have you read my cutting info yet?

yea i have but its not accurate because i'm not familiar with the oz and that kinda stuff, i am used to working in grams, but i am learning!

my life does make it hard. strange work hours and **** but i will just have to find a way to make it work for me and my lifestyle!

kate
04-03-2006, 09:54 PM
Tuesday April 4th

Sleep
good 8 hours- was soooooooooooo good!

Training
Flat barbell bemch press
6 x 2 (25kg)
Low inc d/b press
8 x 2 (10kg)
Dips
2 x 8
1 hand d/b row
2 x 8 (10kg)
Deadlifts
2 x 8 (15kg)
Barbell rows
2 x 8 (10kg)
Shrugs
1 x 10 (12.5kg)

Diet
good will post later

now i'm off to my classes!!

YoBrickWall
04-03-2006, 10:54 PM
hey Miss Kate awesome job on the workout

YBW

Pup
04-04-2006, 09:24 AM
YAY! A workout!

...good job Kate :strong:

kate
04-05-2006, 12:01 AM
April 5th

Sleep
8 hours but mustnt have slept well at all- kinda feel a bit like ****!

TRAINING
Cardio 30mins
legs day
squats
straight legged deadlifts
standing calf raises
lunges

yea i know slack day!

Diet
good post it later...i will i promise!

off to kiddies class now!

YoBrickWall
04-05-2006, 03:58 AM
good job Miss Kate on leg day..for a slack day u covered it all

YBW

kate
04-05-2006, 11:37 PM
April 6th

Little lar: guess what we had for dinner last night!!!

SLEEP
lots and lots!! about 10-11 hours, was so so good!

Training
1 hour walk
military press
8kg x 8 x 2
Seated d/b press
9kg x 8 x 2
Standing lateral raise
6kg x 8 x 2
overhead tri extension
10kg x 8 x 2
Dumb bell curls
8kg x 8 x 2
Hammer curls
9kgx 8 x 2
ab crunches
ab crunches with oblique twist (with weight)

Diet
m1. oats w skim milk and protein powder
m2. apple, almonds, cotage cheese
m3. grilled chicken and salad
m4. rice cakes w cottage cheese and apple
m5. protein shake
thats all so far

good day today...have not had chocolate and drank lots of water!! :cool:

kate

KevinStarke
04-06-2006, 07:41 AM
Workouts and diet are looking awesome keep it up.

YoBrickWall
04-06-2006, 10:21 AM
Miss Kate- great job on the effort...rice cakes sound pretty good..havent had them in awhile

YBW

Pup
04-06-2006, 05:41 PM
Nice trainin and diet...i miss chocolate too.

Built
04-06-2006, 06:05 PM
kate - any idea how your macros work out?

kate
04-06-2006, 08:51 PM
about 180, 120, 67 i think

kate
04-06-2006, 09:30 PM
Friady April 7th
thanks to u all for your encourageent and support!

Sleep
alot of it!

Diet
same as yesterday, got all the same food in the fridge, y not?

TRaining
1 hour walk this morning

its freaking freezing here down under, omg its so cold! had the fire going last night and now wearing 2 shirts and 2 jumpers at work! the heater isnt working-bloody hell!!!

kate
04-06-2006, 09:30 PM
Friady April 7th
thanks to u all for your encourageent and support!

Sleep
alot of it!

Diet
same as yesterday, got all the same food in the fridge, y not?

TRaining
1 hour walk this morning

its freaking freezing here down under, omg its so cold! had the fire going last night and now wearing 2 shirts and 2 jumpers at work! the heater isnt working-bloody hell!!!

kate
04-06-2006, 09:32 PM
oops a daisy, posted it twice, silly kate!

kate
04-09-2006, 11:39 PM
Mon april 10

Sleep
Crappy!

Diet
ok

Training

good!
Deadlift
15kg x8 x 2
Benchpress
30kg x8 x2
Inc. db press
10kg x8 x2
Barbell row
12.5kg x8 x 2
flat db fly
6kg x8 x 2
shrugs
15kg x8 x 2
inc. fly
7kg x8 x2

thats all so far going for a walk after work

YoBrickWall
04-10-2006, 09:29 AM
awesome job on the workout Miss Kate.. keep up the good work

YBW

Pup
04-10-2006, 10:37 AM
Nice work Kate!

...one question though, is there a reason you bench 2x what you deadlift?

kate
04-10-2006, 09:40 PM
yes pup actually there is a reason, basically thats what i can lift...perhaps my chest is stronger than my back, u tell me! i lift the very maximum i can
do u lift exacly the same weight for each body part?

Short Sweetness
04-11-2006, 05:44 AM
You go girl!!! Nice workouts, good luck!

Pup
04-11-2006, 01:04 PM
Multi-joint movements like the deadlift and the squat are generally the heaviest lifts. I don't lift the same for every movement, but my bench is about half of my deadlift.

kate
04-11-2006, 06:05 PM
pup i am a dance teacher. my job is very physical. i cant afford to do any sort of damage to my body, otherwise i cant work, and being self-employed means i wouldnt have an income.
its a new exercise, i wanted to start out slow, see how my body goes, without pushing too far and doing damage. next time i do these i will be adding weight to my deadlift, but atm i am sore the next day from what i am doing. i realise u have to push yourself to see gains in appearance, strength etc etc but i am taking it as i feel fit for MY body. as you would already know, with lifting you cant take the 'one size fits all' approach, i am listening to my body and even if my progress is a little slower than yours i want to take care of myself especially given the fact that i train alone, without a spotter or partner.

kate
04-11-2006, 06:06 PM
You go girl!!! Nice workouts, good luck!

thanks heaps!!

Built
04-11-2006, 06:29 PM
Kate - you sound like you're easing into this just fine. I know Pup well - he wasn't criticizing you - it's just curious to see someone whose "push" is stronger than her "pull". I can easily deadlift twice what I can bench. You'll get to where you want to be, safely, by listening to your body the way you have been.

:)

Pup
04-11-2006, 07:27 PM
pup i am a dance teacher. my job is very physical. i cant afford to do any sort of damage to my body, otherwise i cant work, and being self-employed means i wouldnt have an income.
its a new exercise, i wanted to start out slow, see how my body goes, without pushing too far and doing damage. next time i do these i will be adding weight to my deadlift, but atm i am sore the next day from what i am doing. i realise u have to push yourself to see gains in appearance, strength etc etc but i am taking it as i feel fit for MY body. as you would already know, with lifting you cant take the 'one size fits all' approach, i am listening to my body and even if my progress is a little slower than yours i want to take care of myself especially given the fact that i train alone, without a spotter or partner.

Ok...easy now...it was an observation, not an insult. I think next time i'll have to find a way to phrase my questions differently so i don't piss you off.

You are doing quite well, keep it up.

kate
04-11-2006, 08:42 PM
PUP & BUILT: firstly thanks for your encouragement.
secondly i wasnt offended or insulted and not pissed off. pup, u asked me a question and i explained why thats what i do. if u took the tone the wrong way i'm sorry but i hadnt intended on it coming across like that.

kate
04-11-2006, 11:39 PM
Wednesday 12th April

Sleep
Crappy again dunno why havent been sleeping all that flash

Diet
1. Oats w little skim milk
2. shake and apple
3. chicken and veggies (broccoli, pumpkin, carrot, zucchini)
4. shake
for dinner will be having grilled chicken n salad
followed probably by shake

Training
walk before beakfast
20mins stationary bike

squats
lunges
one legged lunge
plie squats

feels good

YoBrickWall
04-12-2006, 03:05 AM
Miss Kate- journal looking better and better in here.. keep it up..
i guess i rather be pissed off than pissed on by a pup.

YBW

kate
04-12-2006, 05:53 PM
lol, u crack me up, thanks!

kate
04-12-2006, 11:42 PM
very bad day
slept in- missed walk, therefor my whole day up the ****, classes all day and ran out of time for training. classes until 9pm tonight. should i skip today and do double tomorrow or do a 9pm session????
i feel horrible without training, i feel slow and sluggish...i think i will do a 9pm job!

YoBrickWall
04-13-2006, 04:24 AM
Dam, u almost talked yourself out of it..good choice to do it miss dedicated...missing the walk is understandable but the workout,no excuses u dam aussie yank

YBW

kate
04-13-2006, 08:16 PM
Friday April 14th- GOOD FRIDAY

Sleep
good, bout 9 hours

Diet
Oats and shake is all so far- its still morning ok!

Training
Its pizzling down rain here so couldnt walk outside had to go on the bloody treadmill, how boring but still did 30mins
Also did legs, knee not going so hot so think better do bit more leg stuff n strenthen the stupid thing up
legs:
squats
lunges
Calf raises

try and avoid all easter get togethers in order to avoid the food!!

Short Sweetness
04-17-2006, 02:44 PM
Kate, wanted to share with you a new site I just checked out to be good source of info for women. http://www.oxygenmag.net/index.

kate
04-17-2006, 07:32 PM
hey short sweetness, wont come up will try later. i used to belong to oxygens forums but it is a typical womens thing. they have their little 'clicky' groups and if you arnt part of it, they dont speak (write) to you. i started a journal and i swear no one ever offered encouragement or advise, twas nasty!!
if you dont do HIIT you dont know what you are talking about an if u ask a question all they say is 'read the stickies' i swear i am so glad to have changed to WBB, everyone here is so much friendlier and willing to help, its awesome!

fixationdarknes
04-17-2006, 07:45 PM
Squats/lunges/SLDL. Quite a deadly combo. Keep up the good work.

kate
04-17-2006, 09:42 PM
Nice work Kate!

...one question though, is there a reason you bench 2x what you deadlift?

PUP: i have just realised what u were on about and i'm sorry for the miss understanding. what i meant was i was deadlifting that per end of bar. i should have made that clear but when i am writing in my little book i have here i write that as my the weight i am lifting, probably wrong but thats how i do it, and i just worked out so was writing it down and thats when i thought of u and the light globe went off! ding i got it now!

Tuesday April 18th
easter....oh boy! i wish i could say i stayed on track was so dedicated and focused and didnt even think of chocolate but that would be lying. i told all of my dance students not to get me anything and also my family and boyfriend. but being the giving ppl they are decided i had to have chocolate, so gave me tiny eggs...which was better than the 1kg egg i gave my mum!! so i decided that after easter was over, anything over i have given to my little sister...over no more!!
so back in to the training and diet today! **** it was hard!!

Sleep
sunday night went camping so froze my bum off and got no sleep. so last night was in bed by 8>30pm and slept until 9 this morning!! good sleep too, but staying clear of the family, they all have the flu, and i definitly dont want it

Diet
not as good as planned today.
m1. oats and protein powder
m2. skinny latte- wheres the protein u ask??? not quite sure...
m3. friends i havent seen since xmas before last rang this morning and wanted to meet for coffee in half an hour so had no bloody time to prepare meal. therefor it was a chicken and salad roll (on wholemeal of course)
m4. shake and fruit

Training
5 min warmup (bike)
15 mins treadmill
Chest/back day
Deadlift
flat bench press
shrugs
flat d/b fly
barbell row
inc. fly

i upped the weight today so hopefully be sore tomorrow as i wasnt sore last chest/back day!

Built
04-17-2006, 10:04 PM
Ahhhhhhhhh! NOW that makes MUCH better sense!

So you're benching 30 kgs a side, and 30 kgs a side for deads? Or you're benching 30 kgs plus the bar, and doing 30kgs plus the bar for deads?

???

kate
04-17-2006, 10:12 PM
Exactly, that plus the bar! so 30kg plus bar for bench and 30kg plus bar for deads- only todays i did 35kg for deads- plus the bar so 17.5kg per end, plus the bar

Built
04-17-2006, 10:14 PM
Exactly, which way:

How much for the bench, and how much for the dead?

kate
04-17-2006, 11:16 PM
30 for bench and 35 for the dead

YoBrickWall
04-17-2006, 11:34 PM
hey Miss Aussie good job on the workout..trying to trick us aye?

YBW

kate
04-18-2006, 12:50 AM
trying...lol

Short Sweetness
04-18-2006, 05:54 AM
Kate, I did kinda notice the clicky thing. I do enjoy this site, but just looking for different ways to shake up the same ol routine.

You are doing great. Keep it up.

kate
04-18-2006, 06:12 PM
Thank u!

kate
04-23-2006, 11:47 PM
April 24th o6

back in to it..feel a bit guilty havent posted in here since before easter, but i'm back!

Sleep
not good, just one of those nights!!

Diet
m1. oats
m2. shake and apple
m3. lean chicken and steamed veggies
m4. same as m3
thats as far as i have gotten today

Training
5 min warmup on bike
deadlift 32.5kg x8 x3
bench press 30kg x8 x3
barbell row 25kg x 8 x 3
inc. d/b press 10 (in each hand) x8 x3
inc. fly 7kg (each hand) x8 x3
crunches
oblique twist on ball w medicine ball

~ kate

kate
04-24-2006, 11:16 PM
April 25th 06

Sleep
not good again plenty of it, but very restless not sure why...stress maybe

Diet
m1. oats
m2. apple and shake
m3. chicken and salad
m4. shake
m5. have gotten that far as yet

Training
40 min walk
gym not open today due to the aust. public holiday

~Kate

Built
04-24-2006, 11:50 PM
Hey, you're back!

Oats but no protein for breaky?

kate
04-25-2006, 12:07 AM
i know i know, i find it hard to even stomach oats, i'm used to eating only fruit n yoghurt, very light brekky so once i get used to oats i will try adding eggs or something like that. any other ideas besides eggs or cc?? a good brekky tasting food??

Built
04-25-2006, 12:10 AM
Hmmm... try my protein waffles. Recipe is posted in the recipes forum.

kate
04-25-2006, 12:44 AM
will give em a go

mikesbytes
04-25-2006, 03:33 AM
Hi Kate, I just discovered this forum today and just read thru your interesting thread. Just curious about the "and its freezing" comments. What part of OZ are u in?

kate
04-25-2006, 04:04 AM
hi! interesting??? i'm glad u think it is! i am from victoria in australia...where u from?

Clifford Gillmore
04-25-2006, 04:05 AM
I'm the only person who lives in perth. Population of Risk.

YoBrickWall
04-25-2006, 04:29 AM
hi Miss Kate- get rid og the oats and eat PIZZA...sometimes ya just gotta eat what u can when in a rush then get back on track again..i gotta post u those some..will tonight.promise.

risk- u must be one lonely person

YBW

mikesbytes
04-25-2006, 05:49 AM
I'm in Sydney. I was in Melbourne for a week earler this year, did some Les Mills stuff, running and a bit of weights inbetween work and work functions. I'm not as good with the sleep as you, went to the gym one morning after 3 hours sleep, didn't die until half way thru the day sitting in a boring leture.

kate
04-25-2006, 06:20 PM
Risk: Never been to perth, too far away!

YBW: u r suppose to be telling me...DONT EAT THE PIZZA...OATS IS GOOD, i will tell ur little secret!!

mike: i am north of melb, a bit warmer than melb. i hate that city, lived there for 2 years, finished last year. great gyms tho. yeah i love the les mills classes. my gym does them but they are all run in late arvo/ evening and thats when i work unfortunatly. cant wait for hols to do them. my brother and his fiance live in sydney...bit of trivia for ya!

YoBrickWall
04-25-2006, 06:41 PM
Miss Kate- oats are good but Pizza better....oh man ur a dead womN

YBW

mikesbytes
04-25-2006, 08:25 PM
What les mills stuff do u do?

kate
04-25-2006, 11:17 PM
YBW: u crack me up, its really not that bad, just goes to show u r a sensitive man (oops did i say to much...lol)

mike: i love body jam, coz i am a dance teacher and its a bit dancy so i pick it up really easily, i also like body combat and i do body balance on sundays to relax, its awesome. wot u do?? rpm also good...but f*** what a killer

kate
04-25-2006, 11:21 PM
April 26th

Sleep
restless but ok

Diet
m1. oats and protein powder
m2. shake and apple
m3. chicken and salad
m4. shake and apple
so far so good

Training
5 min. warmup on bike
leg day:
lunges
35kg x8 x3
SLDL:
32.5kg x8 x3- still sore
Calf rasies
48kg x8 x3
Leg ext.
40kg x8 x2
leg press
60kg x8 x2
crunches
oblique twist on ball w medicine ball

bike- 30mins

~kate

YoBrickWall
04-26-2006, 04:13 AM
Miss Kate-dont forget dirty dancing too..oops did i say to much

YBW

Clifford Gillmore
04-26-2006, 04:40 AM
Risk: Never been to perth, too far away!

Thats a weak excuse.

mikesbytes
04-26-2006, 05:08 AM
What Les Mills stuff? Perhaps the full list is better. I try to do things that I am not good at, cos if I not good at it, then its something that needs more improvement, but I'm also slack and I tend to gravatate back to what I'm good at, which is pump, cos I have the mix of strength and endurance. This is what I did this week;
Sat Run moderate 55 minutes
Sun 80k Ride with racing club
Monday Pump, Abs, Ride to/from gym (10k each way)
Tue 80k Ride with racing club
Wed Combat, Abs, Ride to/from...
[projected, assumes that get out of bed]
Thu Boxing, Pump, Balance. approx 40k riding
Fri Run moderate 40 minutes, mabye Pump with ride to/from
Weights are squeezed around the Gym classes.
Super advanced at pump, pretty much pathetic at everthing else.
I'm a sucker for alpha female instructors (must be the muscle tone), that keep inviting me to their pump classes, probably just as well as I'd probably be a danger to the other participants in a body jam class, the guys that have 2 left feet have one more left foot than me!

kate
04-26-2006, 05:12 PM
YBW: easy solider dont give away our little secrets!!

Risk: i have no reason to go there as yet, but when i do, i will go!!

Mike: so u r really in to the les mills stuff then!

Stackattack
04-26-2006, 05:33 PM
Thats a weak excuse.
How about..Perth is **** and there is nothing to do there :angel:
East coast FTW!

mikesbytes
04-26-2006, 06:22 PM
Mike: so u r really in to the les mills stuff then! After a while you get bored and move on. Motivation is the biggest hurdle and currently I seem to have it. Last winter I did bugger all, just cycling to work and weights.

The guys on this site have been providing you some excellent advice. One thing I could add is that after a while, say every 3 months of so, you need to vary things in your routine, as the body gets use to what it is doing and gets lazy, also helps with motivation.

kate
04-26-2006, 06:30 PM
thanks mike i do change things around every so often, i get bord waaaaaaaaay to easily!

YoBrickWall
04-26-2006, 07:57 PM
my lips are sealed

Captain
YBW

kate
04-26-2006, 08:52 PM
my lips are sealed

Captain
YBW
dont talk dirty!!! :D

kate
04-27-2006, 10:07 PM
oops forgot to post yesterdays training...

April 27th 06

Sleep
crappy again!

Diet
m1. oats & protein powder
m2. apple and shake
m3. chicken and salad sandwich no butter
m4. apple and shake
another apple and gatorade- working late....soooooooooo hungry!
m5. chciken and steam veggies

Training
cardio: apx. 20mins bike
crunches
5 min warmup
arm/shoulder day
military press
7.5kg x8x3
Seated d/b press
8kg x8x3
overhead tri ext.
10kg x8 x2
bicep curl
8kg x8x2
hammer curl
8kg x8 x2
standing lat raise

~kate

kate
04-27-2006, 10:08 PM
fri 28 april 06

Sleep
ok

diet
m1. oats
m2. apple and shake
m3. chciken salad
thats it at this stage

Training
day off today

~kate

mikesbytes
04-28-2006, 02:05 AM
Kate, what a healthy diet! Don't you have some easter eggs left over?

YoBrickWall
04-28-2006, 05:07 AM
she only eats croc. and roo eggs........ME talk dirty? never.

YBW

mikesbytes
04-28-2006, 05:48 AM
she only eats croc. and roo eggs........ME talk dirty? never.

YBW and vegemite ;)

kate
04-28-2006, 06:05 PM
hahahahaha, no actually i told everyone not to give me easter eggs, so i only got a few little ones. i ate them all on easter sunday and got back on track. i do not eat roo and croc eggs, listen to u 2, its the blind leading the blind...lol vegemite and cheese on toast is da bomb!!

mikesbytes
04-28-2006, 10:05 PM
Scoffed an easter egg this morning. Only one to go. Mabyee I can bulls**t to myself thats there's protein in those [easter] eggs. Anyway the 70k bike ride this morning burnt the cals. Off to do something much more stressful "shop". Now us boys all know that "shop" is a 4 lettered word.

kate
04-30-2006, 11:28 PM
mike: there is protein in those eggs!! and shop is not a 4 letter word...it is therapy for anything and everything!!

May 1
a new month!! which means Little Lar's comp is soooon!!
may is a great month, great things happen in may..eg.wonderful ppl were born! hahahah

Sleep
quite good did a body balance class last night which was awesome we finished with some meditation and so it winded me down and i was ready to hit the hay!

Diet
m1. oats- no protein....oops!
m2. apple and protein
m3. chciken and salad on wholemeal bread
thats as far as i am, have been rushing all over the place today...didnt think i would make it to the gym, but i cancelled an accountant appointment so i could go..hard choice...accountant or training, hmmmmmm let me think bout it!

Training
as i said pressed for time so did a bit less weights and got in 30mins cardio on bike
chest and back
DEADLIFT:
35 x8x3
Barbell row
25 x8x3
db press
20 x8x3
flat db fly
7 x8x3
inc. press
12 x8x3
pec dec (something diff.)
35 x8x3

tomorrows goals:
1. be more time efficient-plan the day and make time for everything
2. pack my food before i leave the house!

~kate

mikesbytes
05-01-2006, 06:52 AM
Was the accountant a good looker ?

kate
05-01-2006, 05:42 PM
not even!!

mikesbytes
05-01-2006, 06:27 PM
So his smile couldn't compete with those hunks of iron. Ah those accountants, there great on numbers in the office and not so great on numbers on Saturday night. Still the do a lot better than me ha ha.

YoBrickWall
05-02-2006, 03:39 AM
journal looking good... keep it up girl.. is may a good month cause its your birth month?

YBW

kate
05-02-2006, 09:32 PM
YBW: how did u know???? lol

May 03 06

Sleep
a bit sketchy last night but dont work till 4pm today so slept in till 9 went to the gym had lunch now here!

Diet
since had nice long sleep in kinda missed a meal so am a bit behind in cals
m1. oats
m2. chicken
m3. chicken and salad sandwhcih on w/m bread no butter
mixed up sort-of food not too hungry

training
5 min warmup
leg day:
lunges
leg press
leg ext.
standing calf raises
squats
cardio 40 mins bike
stretches

no abs- i forgot...yeah was having a blonde moment!! was a loser, will do em before classes start

feeling really good today, feeling refreshed and strong!!

~kate

YoBrickWall
05-03-2006, 06:37 PM
blonde moment? hmmmat least u didnt forget to post girl.....have u tried the spin class yet?'

YBW

kate
05-03-2006, 11:28 PM
YBW: all spin classes are at 6am....hmmmmmmm

May 4th

Diet
m1. oats and protein
m2. pb and celery (yum)
m3. chicken and salad sandwhich no butter
as far as i am

Sleep
good!

Training
5 min warmup
arm/shoulder day:
military press
tri ext.
hammer curl
bi curl
o/h tri ext.
db press
lateral raise
crunches

30mins cardio
stretches

feeling good and strong!! love that feeling!
~kate

YoBrickWall
05-03-2006, 11:44 PM
do u mean ZZZZzzzzzzz

YBW

kate
05-03-2006, 11:46 PM
lol i betcha can hear me snoring from there!!

kate
05-08-2006, 12:02 AM
May 08

sleep
good!!!!

Diet
m1, oats
m2. shake and apple
m3. chicken and salad sandwhich
m4. peanut butter and celery

training
30 mins of cardio is all i had time

YoBrickWall
05-08-2006, 05:05 AM
Miss Kate thanks for all your support..i owe u one.. the PB sounds good but the celery is for the roos..yuck.

YBW

kate
05-08-2006, 06:53 PM
i owe u more! ;)

Pup
05-08-2006, 07:13 PM
I applaud you for your consumption of celery, even the smell of said vegetable makes my nose threaten revolt.

kate
05-09-2006, 11:30 PM
i know i havent posted my training etc in 2 days, doesnt mean i havent done it, it means i hav been busy and am making time for te gym rather than the computer....that is all :)

AlecB
05-10-2006, 03:37 AM
I have a couple questions

1. How much change have you seen/felt since you started?

2. Have any pictures?(before and after)

3. Are you counting Cals? If so, about how many are you getting a day?
(my roommate and I are making a bet I say close to 2000cals he says 2700... give us the goods... who's closer?)

kate
05-10-2006, 05:29 PM
Hey alecB how are u?? okay firstly no dont have before and after pics, i believe having them is only to show other people how fat i was, and i would just prefer to keep that to myself!!
the changes i have seen have been awesome, to me. they are not huge but i notice them. i have a korean friend who always tells me when i have put on weight she said last time i saw her about 7 months ago 'kate you have gotten weight, like fat' imagine that with the accent. so i knew i had done something right when i saw her tuesday night and she said 'kate u lose weight, oh my god' so that was a bit cool. i have just noticed more definition, obvioulsy lost fat etc, i am just waiting for the day y abs pop out, that i will take a pic of!!
yes i am definitly couting cals. on training days i avaerage about 1,900. i found that with my metabolism i need to keep it low at this stage, but still eating the stuff that keeps it up.
hope that covered everything!

ottomanart
05-10-2006, 09:36 PM
3. Are you counting Cals? If so, about how many are you getting a day?(my roommate and I are making a bet I say close to 2000cals he says 2700... give us the goods... who's closer?)

I stand corrected... (very corrected) that's a really low number hun! If you can do it, good for you! It's good that you are seeing results but excellent that you FEEL good. Keep it up! I look forward to those abs pictures!!! (Give built a run for her money):)

kate
05-10-2006, 10:58 PM
i know it is low, however i was putting on weight when i was consuming more, and i am working way to hard to put on weight by eating too much!!

kate
05-11-2006, 09:52 PM
May 12

Sleep
good, apx 8 hours

Diet..so far
m1. oats and protein
m2. chicken and salad
m3. apple and shake

Training
5min warmup on bike
Back and chest day
Deadlift
BB row
flat fly
pec dec
inc. db press
db press
abs

~kate

ottomanart
05-11-2006, 10:17 PM
With that low of cals have you had any problems with low energy level or just running out of fuel mid-day? I just came off a bad cut (too low on the cals) felt dead all day and ended up getting sick. How are you keeping your energy level up on 1900-2000 cals?

Built
05-11-2006, 11:02 PM
1900-2000 cals is very reasonable for women our size, otto - I'm dieting near there right now and I'm a couple inches taller than Kate.

Kate - how much have you lost since you started posting?

AlecB
05-12-2006, 05:31 AM
the man is like Fred Flintstone with his huge rack of ribs and Brontesaurus Burgers. If he doesnt eat like a solid 2 pounds of meat a day he says "man I feel faint...I can barely walk."

:spam: muhahaha. Sorry to hijack your thread Kate. Ill be nice now :)

ottomanart
05-12-2006, 08:55 AM
Kate I swear I am not trying to cut in on your journal :) but I gotta ask about this. I know it is different for guys an girls and all...but I cut at 3000 cals... I thought that was pretty high but I thought I was going to fall asleep walking down the street to the gym each day. Granted it was my first cut ever but was that normal?

Built
05-12-2006, 02:29 PM
2000 cals a day is pretty normal maint for a chick.

kate
05-13-2006, 07:18 PM
otto i dont have trouble with energy, i actually find it hard to eat so much so often!

built: i have lost 2kg so not as much as hoped, thats why i dont wanna up the cals at all, if anything im thinking of dropping them. what do u think?? (i havent stuck to the best eating this past week as i had my graduation for my dance teaching course and mine and close mates birthday so have drank way too much!) back to clean this week tho, feel a bit crappy

kate
05-13-2006, 07:19 PM
the man is like Fred Flintstone with his huge rack of ribs and Brontesaurus Burgers. If he doesnt eat like a solid 2 pounds of meat a day he says "man I feel faint...I can barely walk."

:spam: muhahaha. Sorry to hijack your thread Kate. Ill be nice now :)

hahahahahahahahahahaaa :D

Built
05-13-2006, 07:37 PM
2kg over what time period? (ps that's GREAT!)

kate
05-14-2006, 04:44 PM
its good but over like whenever i started this journal, although i have tightened up alot on the diet in the past 3-4 weeks, (that includes last week's disaster!!) so i suppose its ok, slow which is what i want, slow so i can do it right and keep it off, i am feeling so much for it.
so i suppose it has been about 3 weeks????

YoBrickWall
05-14-2006, 11:34 PM
hello miss kate- back from vegas..what a blast i had..

YBW

kate
05-15-2006, 12:09 AM
hello miss kate- back from vegas..what a blast i had..

YBW

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!! :D

kate
05-15-2006, 12:10 AM
I RESISTED CHOCOLATE!

- That is all ;)

YoBrickWall
05-15-2006, 05:01 AM
good choice..now dont listen to anyone else and eat Pizza..lots of it.

YBW

kate
05-15-2006, 05:55 PM
i have said this once and i will say it again, u r suppose to be supporting me!!!

Pup
05-15-2006, 06:37 PM
encouraging you eating the superfood known as pizza is supportive...lol

Nice work in here lately Kate :)

YoBrickWall
05-15-2006, 07:23 PM
pup is right.pizza is the superfood of all gods...beside i was being supportive about no chocolate for you

YBW

kate
05-15-2006, 07:26 PM
so now i have an excuse to gorge myself on pizza all the time and get fat 'but YBW and pup said i could!'

YoBrickWall
05-15-2006, 07:32 PM
yes u can eat all the pizza u want but nobody said anything about getting fat

YBW

Pup
05-15-2006, 07:38 PM
so now i have an excuse to gorge myself on pizza all the time and get fat 'but YBW and pup said i could!'

Not all the time...just on cheat day :cool:

kate
05-15-2006, 08:22 PM
yes u can eat all the pizza u want but nobody said anything about getting fat

YBW

my bad

kate
05-16-2006, 11:59 PM
ok i have a little question...ok so i lead a busy life as it is, well next week my students are competing in a dance competition the whole week from mon thru to sat night. my hours will be from 7.30am with rehearsals to 10pm with performing at night. so i am absolutly STRESSING about not being able to train for a whole 6 weeks. over the last couple of weeks i have had some great gains and feeling so good, OMG...what am i gunna do!!

kate
05-17-2006, 12:00 AM
* i mean 6 DAYS not weeks! lol

YoBrickWall
05-17-2006, 04:53 AM
miss kate- i wouldnt worry about the week ur missing..any comp. is stressful since we all work so hard and want to do well...after the comp ull be on track..this is not an easy sport that is why people drop out. we as lifters,PL,BB, etc are the minorty.which is why we need to stick together..no body understands what and why we do it..remeber weight lifting is the fountain of youth

YBW

Pup
05-17-2006, 05:34 AM
Taking a week off isn't a bad thing...we call it de-loading. Main thing is just try to pay attention to your diet during the off week, when you come back you can be completely focused and ready to tear it up.

AlecB
05-17-2006, 05:41 AM
no worries Kate ... the time off is good for you. Enjoy the break and try not to stress the competition. Good luck!

:clap:

kate
05-17-2006, 05:14 PM
THANK U GUYs!! will make sure my diet stays on track and get straight back in to it sunday!!

kate
05-18-2006, 01:46 AM
Thurs May 18

Havent posted my training etc for a while, oops!! i will try n remember to.
i was just taking a dance class and we have full mirrors in the studios, i took my jumper off which i havent done in a few weeks as we havent had a heater, and its really cold. anyway i checked myself out a little bit (shhh no-one noticed!) lol and was pleased with the progress i have made on my arms.
so i am a bit bummed about taking next week off!!

Sleep
Stressing bout comps so not the best!

Diet
m1. oats and protein
m2. apple and shake and few nuts
m4. apple and protein bar (not the best but inbetween classes)
so far ok

TRaining
30mins cardio this morning

hopefully get a good night's sleep so i can pump hard at the weights over the next couple of days before the dreaded WEEK OFF!!

~Kate

YoBrickWall
05-18-2006, 06:23 PM
easy girl.. after the comp is over ull be ready to rock

YBW

kate
05-18-2006, 06:32 PM
tell ya what, it will be a blessing when it is over!!

YoBrickWall
05-18-2006, 06:36 PM
Amen

YBW

kate
05-28-2006, 05:18 PM
oh...thank god that week is over!! i am sooooo looking forward to getting back in to the training and also eating normally. i had kids competing at odd times, didnt finish at the comp till 10 pm most nights and started again at 7am for hair and makeup etc. so, it was usually what ever i could grab to eat...which is a bad thing. but, feels so good to be back and in to this again. i have also got a cold...the dance world is so fkn b*tchy and stressed me out to the max!! but have popped sme pills and getting back to the normal everyday life again!!
~kate

YoBrickWall
05-28-2006, 06:08 PM
hey babe ur back,cool..now lets get this journal rockin

YBW

kate
05-28-2006, 07:01 PM
hell yea!!

kate
05-31-2006, 05:19 PM
June 1st

Ok ok, i know havent posted and it isnt coz i have neglectd my training, its coz i am too lazy to write here what i have done for the day, so...
Monday:
Diet...not good but training ok, just went for a realy long walk
Tuesday:
Again went for a walk and did an arm day
Wednesday
Walk in the mor ning followed by a back and chest day.also did abs. omg do u notice when u take a week off, its now thursday and my back is killing!! holy cr*p!! feels good tho!
diet on track and feeling like i am cleaning out my body from last week!
~kate

kate
06-04-2006, 07:26 AM
SH*T!! i have been slack again...ok a new week, a new goal: Post in my journal and stick with diet 100%. we have a long weekend next weekend, so i have sat-mon off for 'queens birthday' weekend. so my partner and i are going away on a weekend getaway, which will be nice, as we havent had that much alone time in forever. so cant guaruntee there wont be any champagne drinking or chocolate nibbling- although i really shouldnt. my body doesnt respond well to taht sort of life style. as long as i get SOME physical exercise for da weekend...;) heres hoping!
~Kate

YoBrickWall
06-04-2006, 08:49 AM
im sure u and ur partner will get plently of phyiscal excerise this weekend..

kate
06-04-2006, 10:55 PM
YBW: by the sounds of your hot chic in mini skirt with a generous chest area, sounds like u may as well!!

mOnday june 5th
Sleep
ok so when i am at hom, there is this dog and it barks constantly from aroud 5:30am-8:30am. while i am still sleeping...MAN IT ****S ME TO TEARS!!
but other than that around 10 hours sleep, didnt have to work till 4pm which is great!

Diet
m1. oats ( no protein)
m2. shake and mandarin
m3. grilled chicken and steamed veggies
m4. apple and protein bar ( i know not the best but was rushed)

Training
1 hour walk- with my mum!!

~kate

YoBrickWall
06-05-2006, 06:10 AM
OMG,i thought hell was freezing over..your posting again.

YBW

Pup
06-05-2006, 07:40 AM
KATE!...need protein in your breakfast :)

...btw, if you get tired of oats, I've been hearing that barley is an excellent replacement, takes longer to cook, but quite high on the "nummyness" scale.

kate
06-05-2006, 07:31 PM
OMG,i thought hell was freezing over..your posting again.

YBW

feels like it here....fkn freezing man!!

PUP: i know i know but really dont have time for eggs n sh*t, sometimes add powder to oats, tastes crap but i supose gotta be done!

Built
06-05-2006, 07:33 PM
i know i know but really dont have time for eggs n sh*t, sometimes add powder to oats, tastes crap but i supose gotta be done!

Kate, you're such a GUY!

How about hardboiled eggs? I cook mine the night before.

kate
06-05-2006, 10:02 PM
Kate, you're such a GUY!

How about hardboiled eggs? I cook mine the night before.

A Guy?? i take that as a compliment???

kate
06-05-2006, 10:06 PM
Tuesday 06th june
sleep
alot of good sleep!!

Diet
m1. oats - no protein again...i will, tomorrow ok!
m2. apple nd shake
m3. salad and prawns
m4. shake and a date scone
m5. not there yet!

Training
no cardio today
leg day:
leg press
leg ext
standing calf raise
SLDL
leg curl
lunges

abs:
crunches
oblique twists with medicine ball (5 kg)

~kate

AlecB
06-06-2006, 12:00 AM
Kate you crack me up. Keep up the good work!

kate
06-06-2006, 01:35 AM
Kate you crack me up. Keep up the good work!

thanks alecb, but y do i crack u up???

YoBrickWall
06-06-2006, 04:26 AM
A Guy?? i take that as a compliment???

i think she meant your gay

YBW

Built
06-06-2006, 08:45 AM
I was teasing you for being to f-d up in the AM to make breakfast! LOL! ;)

kate
06-06-2006, 04:46 PM
i think she meant your gay

YBW

bwahahahahahahaha....yes i think thats EXACTLY what she meant...(d*ckhead!)

Built
06-06-2006, 04:57 PM
<snort!>

YoBrickWall
06-06-2006, 06:37 PM
dcikhead then a snort..i kinda like that

YBW

kate
06-06-2006, 08:17 PM
dcikhead then a snort..i kinda like that

YBW

yeah, it suits u!

kate
06-06-2006, 10:27 PM
june 7th 06

Sleep
good, not enough only bout 5 hours but was good while it lasted!

Diet
m1. oats w pp
m2. apply and protein bar
m3. chicken, salad & avacado wrap
m4 & 5 not there yet

Training
30mins cardio- my legs r so sore from yesterday, coming up and down the stairs all day for work has killed me!

~kate

Pup
06-07-2006, 06:27 AM
yeah, it suits u!

I've been telling him he's a dickhead for the last 8 years, still hasn't phased him a bit.

:disagree:

kate
06-07-2006, 11:09 PM
June 8th

Sleep
apx. 7 hours, not enough

Diet
m1. poached egg w 1 slice multi grain bread, smear of butter, orange
m2. shake and orange
m4. shake and orange
m5 & 6 not there yet

bit overloaded on the oranges but must be low in vit C coz was craving em big time.
also ate a little chocolate...was SO good! but feel guilty now!

Training
CARDIO:
walk- 40mins in the freezing cold! lol, i lost a glove so had a frozen right hand! hahahah
SHOULDER/Bi/Tri day:
5 min w/u- bike
military press
10kg in each x 8 x3
Lateral raise
5kg in each x 8 x3
o/h tri ext.
15kg x 8x 3
standing db raise
10kg x 8 x3
hammer curls
7.5kg x8 x2
10kg x8 x1
bicep curls
10kg x8 x1
was totaly wrecked by this stage, dunno why usually ok with this, today literally couldnt pump out one more rep! Must be the chocolate!
oblique twist w medicine ball
crunches

will have another shake later and chicken and salad for dinner! Hope u r all sleeping peacefully, i am going to teach a class

~kate

YoBrickWall
06-08-2006, 04:46 AM
ate a little chocolate...was SO good! but feel guilty now!

~kate[/QUOTE]
honorable judge YBW finds u guilty also.. the jury of wannabe sentence u to 50 naked laps around town.. and we want videos.

wow what a breakfast..had alittle bit more time aye?

Pup-LMAO

YBW

kate
06-08-2006, 05:24 PM
ate a little chocolate...was SO good! but feel guilty now!

~kate
honorable judge YBW finds u guilty also.. the jury of wannabe sentence u to 50 naked laps around town.. and we want videos.

wow what a breakfast..had alittle bit more time aye?

Pup-LMAO

YBW[/QUOTE]

Done....i just cant seem to find where i put the video tho!
yes smart arse had extra time!!

kate
06-08-2006, 11:48 PM
wot a horrible horrible HORRIBLE day!! i am so angry- that is all!!

Built
06-08-2006, 11:52 PM
What up, babe?

kate
06-09-2006, 12:14 AM
well....a stoned driver reversed in to my car and smashed up the front of it.
not only that, me being the innocent 'never been in a car accident' person, only asked for his name and phone number, not his lisence plate or lisence details or ANYTHING! i'm such an idiot! the cops thoughts i was such a blonde i tell ya!!

Built
06-09-2006, 12:45 AM
Aw crap.

:(

Dammit.

Well, I know it sounds trite, but ... it's just a car. You're fine, right?

You can still make it to the gym.

RIGHT???

kate
06-09-2006, 01:35 AM
lol, yes its 'just a car', lucky i hadnt brought me new one i was planning. i am fine and yes i can make it to the gym and supermarket, funny actually i was just getting lunch then on my way to the gym, but by the time i got through the whole police saga i had to go back to work, so wasnt happy bout that either!!

YoBrickWall
06-09-2006, 04:38 AM
[QUOTE=kate]lol, yes its 'just a car'

i kike how women come home and tell ya they put a small ding in the car when it is almost total and were suppose to remain calm like its no big deal..but OMG when we went to the store and forgot the milk then **** really flys.
if i were u i have your BF and a few friends pay mr stoner a visit..if he doesnt plan to take care of it id rip his house down board by board and make him stack it

YBW

Pup
06-09-2006, 07:48 AM
The important thing is that you're ok Kate.

ROFL@YBW

kate
06-10-2006, 11:24 PM
YBW~ actually its the other way round with us. i freak putting a scratch on the car, he's like 'yea just a car', so i almost cried

Pup~ thanks, i'm fine!!

WELL...I just got back from our little trip. we went to a spa, where we had spas and sat in steam room, went out for dinner (grilled meat and salad no dressing of course!!!!! no dessert!) it was really nice, so good to be alone and spend some quality time together for a change. unfortunatly since we didnt book, we couldnt choose the room we stayed in. we got the only one left which was the most expensive and so could only afford to stay one night. but it was a lovely night!!

YoBrickWall
06-11-2006, 08:11 AM
he's like 'yea just a car',

pup and your BF can play mr nice guy until it happens to ther car

but it was a lovely night!!

more details babe

YBW

Pup
06-11-2006, 09:47 AM
Why the hell are you bringing me into this YBW!

:bash:

...the spa sounds nice Kate, ya need to treat yourself every once in a while :)

kate
06-11-2006, 06:40 PM
more details babe

YBW

lol, not for your sick, twisted mind!!!

kate
06-11-2006, 10:28 PM
Monday June 12 '06

sleep:
fantastic!! its cold here so the heater going and lots of blankets make for a cosy sleep!!

Training:
4 mins w/u- stationary bike
flat bench
27kg x5 x5
Inc. db press
10kg (in each) x8 x3
Calf raise
23kg x12 x 3
Bent over rows
25kg x8 x3

Inc. walk- 12 mins

Diet:
m1. oats
m2. shake and orange
m3. 2x mountain bread with chickn and avacado
m4. almonds, cc & corn thins
m5. grilled chicken and veggies

TOTAL CALS: 1,275 (have been trying to get em up more!!!! if i eat any more i think i will gag!)
FAT: 42g, 375 cals, 30%
CARBS: 96g, 365 cals, 29%
PROTEIN: 131g, 524 cals, 41%

~kate

Pup
06-12-2006, 06:17 AM
When you say cold...what is the temperature...in degrees farenheit (none of that celsius crap to confuse the michigan boys)

Ratios are great kate...something to think about is slowly raising portion sizes, a few grams here and there each meal, get your digestive system acclamated to the higher calorie intake.

YoBrickWall
06-12-2006, 06:33 AM
whoa kate, easy on the bike ride..id be cold too.

YBW

kate
06-12-2006, 05:41 PM
When you say cold...what is the temperature...in degrees farenheit (none of that celsius crap to confuse the michigan boys)

Ratios are great kate...something to think about is slowly raising portion sizes, a few grams here and there each meal, get your digestive system acclamated to the higher calorie intake.

dont know in farenheit exactly but its in the minuses!! it doesnt snow here but it does on the surounding mountains which u can see from here, the breeze blows straight off em!!!

kate
06-12-2006, 09:07 PM
Tuesday June 13th 06

Sleep:
got a good 8 hours so feel good
a little sore from yesterday

Training:
None

Diet:
m1. poached eggs & toast
m2. mountain bread with tuna and avacado
m3. shake and orange, few almonds
m4. corns thins and cc
m5. grilled chicken breast and veggies

Total cals: 1,417 (getting better!!)
FAT: 48g, 432 cals, 32%
CARBS: 130g, 466 cals, 34%
PROTAIN: 116g, 465 cals, 34%

slowly figuring ways out of increasing cals, without putting lots of chocolate in to my everyday eating!! (mmmmmmmm, chocolate! :evillaugh )

~kate

Built
06-12-2006, 09:17 PM
Looks better and better all the time. :)

kate
06-12-2006, 09:41 PM
thanks built!

Built
06-12-2006, 09:42 PM
I want you jacked, ripped, and healthy!

kate
06-12-2006, 10:04 PM
I want you jacked, ripped, and healthy!

lol, i'm trying!!!! give me a few days at least!! ;)

Built
06-12-2006, 10:12 PM
I can see that you're working on it!

muscle chic
06-13-2006, 07:35 AM
Just stopped in to wish you all the best with your goals!! Stay focused and you'll do well!!

YoBrickWall
06-13-2006, 07:48 AM
kate got your pm..yo one funny girl..hope your heater goes out

YBW

kate
06-13-2006, 06:37 PM
MC- thank u very much! thats sweet!

YBW- WTF!

kate
06-13-2006, 07:14 PM
just had a phone call from the cops, they have tracked down the stoner who hit my car and looks like he will be paying for all damages!! woo hoo!!

Pup
06-13-2006, 07:17 PM
Good stuff on the car!

...diet is looking better, keep it up!

kate
06-13-2006, 10:19 PM
Wednesday June 14th '06

PUP~ Thanks!

Sleep:
well, didnt have to work till 4pm (and finish at 7:15- i LOVE Wednesdays!!) so i slept in with heater on (YBW-ha! still working u ****!) was sooooooooooo good!!!

Training:
5 min warmup on treadmill
chins (assisted at this stage)
45kg x5
40kg x5
45kg x5
45kg x5
40kg x5
Military Press
10kg (each) x8
10kg (each) x5 x4
Standing Side Laterals
4kg x8 x3
Calf Raises
22kg x12 x 3
Weighted Crunches:
10kg x12 x 3

Strange things at the gym today:
1. a man doing EVERY exercise he could think of for one set only, then moving to the next. at first i thought he could be supersetting, but then i realised he never did the same one twice!
2. ok picture this: i am on my mat minding my own business about to do ab work, when this chic comes to the mat next to me. she takes off her soes (stinky) and starts taking BIG breaths, that big i could hear her over the top of my earphones! she then starts doing yoga (i'm not a fan of yoga!) doing the whole 'mmmmmmm' thing, i was like WTF!

Diet:
m1. oats
m2. shake and orange
m3. pitta bread with tuna and avacado. orange
m4. cc and corn thins and almonds
m5. steak & veggies

TOTAL CALS: 1,405
Fat: 43g, 384 cals, 29%
Carbs:138 grams, 501 cals, 37%
Protein: 115 grams, 460 cals, 34%

~kate

YoBrickWall
06-14-2006, 04:20 AM
your killing me on your warm up .. youve have gone from 4 min to 5 min now..good job.. does ty get laid off for the winter from his job?

YBW

kate
06-14-2006, 04:53 PM
shut up! at least i do a warmup!!
na he still works in this cold and rain, poor baby!!

kate
06-14-2006, 05:42 PM
i'm sore today...and tired, poor me!! lol

YoBrickWall
06-14-2006, 07:17 PM
good news on the stoner being caught
bummer he gotta work in such crappy weather while you set by your heater.
your sore now just wait till u work up to 10 min on your warmup

YBW

kate
06-14-2006, 08:55 PM
good news on the stoner being caught
bummer he gotta work in such crappy weather while you set by your heater.
your sore now just wait till u work up to 10 min on your warmup

YBW

hey i stayed in skool a few extra years to sit by the heater thank u!
....smart arse!!

kate
06-14-2006, 11:23 PM
Thursday June 15th 06

Sleep:
i think i got lots but for some reason felt crappy half the day! was **** whether here too, the fog didnt lift till lunch time, so was a bit depressing!!

Training:
Warmup: yes i did one YBW but not gunna tell u wot!
i'm silly, was meant to do todays workout yesterday and do yesterdays today. whoops!!
Leg Ext.
60kg x5 x3
65kg x5 x2
Leg Press
70kg x8 x3
Leg Curls
45kg x12 x 2
50kg x 12 x2
Seated alt. bicep curls
7.5kg (each) x5x5
Hammer curl
7.5 x10 x2

COmments:
were sore from yesterday so couldnt manage more hammer curls.
was suppose to do squats however my gym doesnt have a squat rack (i know right!) so how am i suppose to get the bar on my shoudlers???? dnt have a training partner either

Diet:
m1. oats
m2. shake and almonds
m3. pita bread w tuna and avacado, orange
m4. corn thins and cc, nuts
m5. grilled chcken breast with salad

TOATAL CALS: 1,562
Fat: 54g, 488cals, 33%
Carbs: 141g, 535 cals, 36%
Protaein: 119g, 477 cals, 32%

A little high on the cals and carbs as should be, but got the protein up!

~kate

YoBrickWall
06-15-2006, 04:26 AM
so if u do tomorrow workout today youll be done for the weekend,right?

YBW

Pup
06-15-2006, 08:40 AM
I like the ratios Kate...protein is slowly creeping up too :)

If your gym doesn't have a rack, you may want to do a barbell hack squat. Not sure if you've ever seen it done before, but the bar is behind your feet, you use a double overhand grip and pull it straight up (do have to drive your hips forward at the top so you don't whack the bar off your butt)...you can't go as heavy with the movement, but it does thrash your quads.

ottomanart
06-15-2006, 11:23 AM
just had a phone call from the cops, they have tracked down the stoner who hit my car and looks like he will be paying for all damages!! woo hoo!!

:idea: No need to worry about the cops.... just find out his personal information and all us WBB boys will go down and have a sit down with him... How intimidating would that be??? 30 200lb+ weight lifters giving you a talking to about car safety... the other 20 guys would be in his kitchen eating all his food!

glad to hear it's working out!!!

kate
06-15-2006, 06:32 PM
YWB: yup done for da weekend but will still do some form of cardio to i dont feel lazy

PUP: i dont understand the 'hack squat' but will do a search on it and give it go!

Otto: hahahaha can u imagine! that would be so funny!

McIrish
06-15-2006, 06:45 PM
Kate great dedication lately! Next time a goofy gal comes and sits next to you on your mat and does loud, obnoxious yoga, go into karate-chop mode! :thumbup:

Built
06-15-2006, 06:46 PM
Or just do what the fellas do: fart.