PDA

View Full Version : Here we go-me at 42

vanfreak
03-22-2006, 01:39 AM
Well here we go other half and I got the digital out today and took some snaps general comments welcomed...especially from those in the 'Posted mY stats topic in the other forum..
http://www.boomspeed.com/dillydally/ryanside.jpg
http://www.boomspeed.com/dillydally/ryanback.jpg
http://www.boomspeed.com/dillydally/ryanfront.jpg
http://www.boomspeed.com/dillydally/ryanlegs.jpg
http://www.boomspeed.com/dillydally/ryancalf.jpg

Nosaj
03-22-2006, 01:48 AM
Lookin' good man. I'd clean bulk from where you're at, you have a nice base. Btw, what are the scars under your pecs from?

vanfreak
03-22-2006, 01:55 AM
Thanks for the comment...
scars under the pecs are from excess tissue removed from me when I was in my early twenties.. as I said in my stats thread I genetically had a big chest but when I was younger it was freakishly out of proportion to the rest of me...so I had the male equivalent of chest reduction done..I should probably get the scars lasered off...was hoping they weren't that noticeable,but good thing I don't really care!!!![ain't that insecure anymore..]

DavyRen
03-22-2006, 06:50 AM
Your 42 bloody hell!
You look like you have the skin of a 20 year old.

As previously said good lean base to bulk up with.

Stumprrp
03-22-2006, 07:08 AM
wow 42? good for you man bulk up

vanfreak
03-22-2006, 11:33 AM
Thanks guys...
Its very hard for me to get bulkier,it goes straight to my stomach!possibly age...what should I eat?suggestions always welcome...
The two biggest things I've done in the past six months that gave me results are 1]giving up red meat[my weight has stabilised at 172..at times 173.5, used to fluctuate between 173 and 177.5 all the time]
2]taking up yoga once sometimes twice a week.YOGA is amazing in conjunction with weightlifting....
My current goals are to add more to my arms and I've been concentrating on close grip bench -I can feel it in my triceps -but strangely enough yesterday the weather sucked and I didn't want to go out to the gym so I worked out at home and did 'close grip push-ups'..It felt more intense than doing close grip bench and was harder..but always changing it moving it and going forward!!!!And I wouldn't want to be 22 again for all the tea in China!!!!

Hockey66
03-22-2006, 12:18 PM
Wicked leg vascularity! :thumbup:

vanfreak
03-22-2006, 12:28 PM
uh...actually those are varicose veins....:D

TwiloMike
03-22-2006, 01:35 PM
Bulk!!!!

getfit
03-22-2006, 01:38 PM
looking pretty good, keep it up.

Built
03-22-2006, 01:41 PM
Hey Vanfreak - I'm with everybody else - baby-young looking skin, and you could do with a good bulkin'!!

Nosaj
03-22-2006, 03:34 PM
If you're having trouble bulking, then it's safe to say you're at your maintenance calories. Write down everything you eat, and pack on 15% more clean calories per day than you usually do. Your body will have no choice to get bigger, and as long as it's clean and you're lifting heavy, it will go to a lot more places than just your belly. (I'm not saying you won't get a bit of stomach weight, but it will be proportionate.) Good luck in attaining your future goals, lookin' good so far!

vanfreak
03-22-2006, 03:58 PM
well the consensus is to bulk clean-so what should I start eating..I'm doing the protein bar in the morning and shake in the afternoon..oatemeal banana in the morning and dinner is usually a high protein tuna, or chicken ,egg noodles,brown rice eggs,lentils, etc.. any meal suggestions for a clean bulk?

Built
03-22-2006, 09:47 PM
No more protein bars - they suck nutritionally, and are basically just crappy tasting candy bars. Oatmeal and a banana is an incomplete breakfast - all carbs, no protein or fat.

You need to clean up your diet, son! What fats are you eating? Veggies? Fruits? Nuts?

russ
03-22-2006, 10:15 PM
really great for your age, I thought you were MUCH younger. I also agree with the clean bulk, keep it up man!

vanfreak
03-23-2006, 12:44 AM
Built:
I take a 1000 mgs. flax seed oil capsule in the morning with an amino acid capsule and folic acid,potassium, and on workout days ginseng...
so Built what should I have for brekky?Do tell!

Davidelmo
03-24-2006, 07:10 PM
^^ Eggs are great

Personally I like something with protein and carbs. I usually have porridge (oatmeal) and a protein shake. Good 50g of protein and 80g complex carbs to start off the day!

Some prefer just the protein but I need the carbs to feel good in mornings :D

Glaim
03-25-2006, 09:53 AM
Thanks for the comment...
scars under the pecs are from excess tissue removed from me when I was in my early twenties.. as I said in my stats thread I genetically had a big chest but when I was younger it was freakishly out of proportion to the rest of me...so I had the male equivalent of chest reduction done..I should probably get the scars lasered off...was hoping they weren't that noticeable,but good thing I don't really care!!!![ain't that insecure anymore..]

Gyno in the early 20s and baby young skin...? Have you ever been in for some bloodwork by any chance?

Lookin' great btw!

vanfreak
03-25-2006, 10:19 AM
bloodwork?Why?
{baby young skin may be 'cause chest is shaved.....]

Glaim
03-25-2006, 12:53 PM
bloodwork?Why?
{baby young skin may be 'cause chest is shaved.....]

Gyno in general is typically a sign of some sort of hormonal imbalance, but you also look very young for your age, so I was curious. Couldn't hurt bro. :)

JSully
03-25-2006, 02:43 PM
you kinda remind me of a giraffe

look good for 42 though. :thumbup:

vanfreak
03-25-2006, 04:10 PM
Holy Hormones Batman!!!
It may have been hormonal imbalance ,but does it explain the loss of my hair in my late twenties..The whole thing may have been out of whack..I do notice and have posted that when I do squats I turn into an absolute beast..light bothers me, noise bothers me and first thing in the morning you don't even want to come near me...Testosterone? Either that or PMS....
Gynecomastia in men is much more widespread than people think and not talked about...I've always been open about it as stated before I ain't that insecure,maybe it will help someone...mine wasn't that bad but I sure as hell felt better getting it done..
My father was built a lot the same way as I am huge muscular chest out of proportion to his bod and my mother had big boobs too.......part of the reason I had it removed was the possibility of breast cancer[yes men can get it, it killed my mother and Grandmother had it too.] so there were many reasons not just cosmetic.
baby skin?I shave it folks,look at the hair on my legs...am actually quite hairy...just hate having too much hair[except on my head]