PDA

View Full Version : Stuck with one routine. Tips on a cut.

IrishLifter55
03-22-2006, 08:21 AM
I will be playing football in college and I am currently locked into that routine. I was wondering if anyone had any tips on a way to cut while sticking to my routine. I am looking for mostly nutrition and a few tips on extras lifts that might help. I am on a four day split with Heavy Squat and Incline on Mondays, Hang Clean and Rows on Tuesdays, Bench and Power Squat on Thursdays, and DB Snatch and Cleans on Fridays. Along with these lifts I perform accessory lifts also. On Mondays and Thursdays I work abs and neck after my main lifts and on Tuesdays and Fridays I do speedwork and agility. Any tips are helpful. Thanks in advance.

seK
03-22-2006, 08:41 AM
What is your diet?

Anthony
03-22-2006, 08:45 AM
Your routine sounds fun. Along with football practise you are probably primed to lose fat.

Post your diet and we'll rip it apart. :D

seK
03-22-2006, 10:14 AM
On a side note do you play real football or american football.

IrishLifter55
03-22-2006, 02:46 PM
I play American Football

The real football.

IrishLifter55
03-22-2006, 02:52 PM
My big problem is that i don't have a set diet. I watch what I eat and I make sure I am not eating too many or too few cals. I guess I have been on a maintenance diet for the most part. If i get a chance I will do a few days worth of Fit Days so you can get a feel for what I eat. I am 5' 10" 215 and 15-16% body fat. I am hoping to get a little leaner for summer and the like so I was hoping I could do so with my diet and not worry about messing up my routine by adding more to it.

Built
03-22-2006, 02:55 PM
If the first statement is true...

My big problem is that i don't have a set diet.

... then the second statement is impossible

I make sure I am not eating too many or too few cals.

I guess I have been on a maintenance diet for the most part.

You guess. Yeah.

If i get a chance I will do a few days worth of Fit Days so you can get a feel for what I eat.

Best thing you've said yet.

I am 5' 10" 215 and 15-16% body fat. I am hoping to get a little leaner for summer and the like so I was hoping I could do so with my diet and not worry about messing up my routine by adding more to it.

Definitely the right way to go. :)

Davidelmo
03-22-2006, 06:25 PM
I play American Football

The real football.

IRISH lifter says american football is the real football.. tut tut :rolleyes:

:D

IrishLifter55
03-24-2006, 09:53 AM
Ok Built you;re right. I don't know if I am eating too many or toofew cals however I am pretty sure I am maintaining due to the fact that I am not gaining anyweight nor am I losing any.

I was hoping somebody could give me a few quick tips on things to have around to eat. Not only meals but snacks too. Lately I have been eating less at meals and more gradually throughout the day. I dont know if that is good or not.

To Davidelmo I am not truly Irish however I have redhair and the big thing with my friends is that Im Irish. Truth is Im from central PA. I dont have anything against football(soccer) I just like football(american) better.