PDA

View Full Version : Fat burning and cardio?

NormalDude
03-23-2006, 01:27 PM
So right now I am on a very low calorie diet trying to drop fat. I am doing the WBB1 routine. I started to do bike 20 minutes on my off days. The way I am doing bike is 2minute warm up 1 min high level then back to 2 minute slow pace and back to minute high level. Well after 20 minutes the machine says it is only 150 calories burnt. The question is this does that make any difference in my trying to drop fat?

KoolDrew
03-23-2006, 01:50 PM
The question is this does that make any difference in my trying to drop fat?

Yes, HIIT is very effective when loosing fat. However, cardio isn't nearly as important as wieght training or your diet. Exactly how many calories are you consuming per day? You don't want too little.

NormalDude
03-23-2006, 01:56 PM
well I am on pretty much a liquid diet

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 1120
Fat: 12 108 10%
Sat: 4 36 3%
Poly: 0 0 0%
Mono: 0 0 0%
Carbs: 92 320 29%
Fiber: 12 0 0%
Protein: 168 672 61%
Alcohol: 0 0 0%

I also have some flax seed in the morning and night. With the exception of saturday where I eat regular food.

Built
03-23-2006, 02:02 PM
What kind of diet IS this??? Are you following protocols established somewhere?

NormalDude
03-23-2006, 02:06 PM
What kind of diet IS this??? Are you following protocols established somewhere?

No built I am not. I read someones post the other day about an all liquid diet so I thought I would give it a shot and see if I can drop some of the fat

Built
03-23-2006, 02:11 PM
Oh honey, no. Please don't do this. If you want to drop fat fast, do the PSMF, and BUY THE BOOK.

What you're doing is a recipe for muscle loss.

KoolDrew
03-23-2006, 02:32 PM
Built, do you mean the "The Rapid Fat Loss Handbook" (http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=213)?

I am in the same boat NormalDude and I think that looks pretty interesting. Is it really healthy though?

NormalDude
03-23-2006, 02:40 PM
Oh honey, no. Please don't do this. If you want to drop fat fast, do the PSMF, and BUY THE BOOK.

What you're doing is a recipe for muscle loss.

So whats the name of that book that you recommend?

Built
03-23-2006, 02:43 PM
That be the one. If you're going to do this, do it right, and do it safe, okay? [/concerned, motherly tone]

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
03-24-2006, 12:04 AM
I would go into seizure eating that few calories.

seK
03-24-2006, 09:43 AM
Built, do you mean the "The Rapid Fat Loss Handbook" (http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=213)?

I am in the same boat NormalDude and I think that looks pretty interesting. Is it really healthy though?

It's the healthiest way to crash diet yes. It's also not suggested for people who are just starting out with their training.

brickt.
03-24-2006, 03:42 PM

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total

I also have some flax seed in the morning and night. With the exception of saturday where I eat regular food.

JESUS! DON'T DO THIS!

If you want to lose fat ****ING FAST do a PSMF (The Rapid Fat Loss Diet) It's like what you're doing .. except .. completely different.

NINJA: Phew, you've already been saved by Built

Beast
03-25-2006, 11:42 AM

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total

I've done a crash-diet like this before and not only is it unneeded, but it is NOT WORTH IT. As Built said, it's a recipe for losing muscle.

Jordanbcool
03-29-2006, 09:41 AM
I would go into seizure eating that few calories.

Indeed.

My maintanence cals or 3300!!!! I complain when i eat 2700 cals a day lol.

-jordan

TO THE OP: I tried a diet similar to what you are doing on my last cut. Not only did I not lose any fat whatsoever, i also lost a considerable amount of muscle that took me almost an entire year to gain back. Crash diets dont work 99% of the time at keeping you lean. Unless your a PSMF expert or proffesional competing body builder you shouldnt be crash dieting.

NormalDude
03-29-2006, 05:02 PM
Indeed.

-jordan

TO THE OP: I tried a diet similar to what you are doing on my last cut. Not only did I not lose any fat whatsoever, i also lost a considerable amount of muscle that took me almost an entire year to gain back. Crash diets dont work 99% of the time at keeping you lean. Unless your a PSMF expert or proffesional competing body builder you shouldnt be crash dieting.

I have bought the book Built mentioned eariler and I will give it a shot

Jordanbcool
03-29-2006, 08:27 PM
I have bought the book Built mentioned eariler and I will give it a shot

Good luck man, your going to need it....

-jordan

NormalDude
03-29-2006, 08:32 PM
Good luck man, your going to need it....

-jordan

Thanks I know I will but I cant seem to find anything that works for me so I have to try

Optimum08
03-29-2006, 09:17 PM
It's the healthiest way to crash diet yes. It's also not suggested for people who are just starting out with their training.

haha thats a paradox if i've ever seen one...the healthiest way to crash diet.

Optimum08
03-29-2006, 09:18 PM
Indeed.

-jordan

there is no way with a caloric deficit that you lost "no fat whatsoever" and lost all of your weight in muscle mass, so your telling me you lost weight but didn't change bf%?

Jordanbcool
03-30-2006, 05:55 AM
there is no way with a caloric deficit that you lost "no fat whatsoever" and lost all of your weight in muscle mass, so your telling me you lost weight but didn't change bf%?

Im sure i lost SOME fat but what i was really trying to drive home is that most crash diets do not work. Even the PSMF makes you lose some muscle in the process. When i dieted, i hardly ate anything food wise. I ran 4 miles a day AM cardio, and i hardly weight lifted. Also i wasent getting nearly as much protein/carbs/fat as i should have even on a crash diet like that. It was my first cut and i was very naive. However this more recent cut has been going very well so far. Not only would i consider myself not really "dieting" i feel much better then i normally do on cuts and i can eat pretty much anything i want. Yesterday i had cheesecake!

Point being.

Its much better to do a slow cut then to crash diet or PSMF in terms of saving lean mass, overall health and happiness.

-jordan

P.S. But yes after that cut I think my bodyfat changed by like 2 pounds considering afterwards i had a huge gut, but i was very scrawny.

ectx
03-30-2006, 08:45 AM
Your diet is horrible and unnecessary. I just wanted to restate the obvious and hammer in what others have said. You lose weight by dieting but you keep it off by dieting smart.

Bikkstah
03-30-2006, 06:17 PM
< 1200 calories a day is dangerous, listen to everybody here.