PDA

View Full Version : vascular trainer eats little fat

dissipate
03-24-2006, 03:38 PM
there's a female trainer at my gym who's at low bodyfat levels, i'd guess 15-17% - you can tell because the veins on her forearms are popping out. i asked her how she did it because i always and have been stuck at ~18-20% forever.

she said she eats mostly protein and carbs (cereal, muesli, yoguhurt, pasta, rice) and as little fat as possible.

high protein and carbs with little fat would kinda be more for people with crazy high metabolisms right?

Davidelmo
03-24-2006, 03:46 PM
She probably just eats less than her maintenance calories whilst lifting weights.

g00dnick
03-24-2006, 04:46 PM
^ I concur.

Holto
03-24-2006, 05:06 PM
If you don't understand the principle of energy balance you will misdiagnose everything, and look in all the wrong places.

dissipate
03-24-2006, 09:11 PM
let's talk in terms of females who are usually more sensitive to carbs.

Built
03-24-2006, 10:51 PM
Well, you saw how vascular I got last November. That was on fairly high fats; moderate and very targeted carbs. It's the only way I can stay comfortable.

dissipate
03-26-2006, 06:01 AM
built: yup. i'm wondering how she got so lean on high carbs and hardly any fat.. whether it's her metabolism/genes/whatever, or whether females can generally do that or?

ddegroff
03-26-2006, 06:31 AM
the low fats work for her. I like higher fat intakes because I get so hungry eating carbs. Not sure about females genetics more likely caloric deficit and awesome diet.

Davidelmo
03-26-2006, 07:24 AM
Most diets focus on cutting down on fat simply because we usually get lots of it in a typical western diet, and also because one gram of fat has more calories than a gram of protein or carbs.

By telling someone to cut down on fat, they are also cutting down on a lot of calories, leading to caloric deficit, leading to weight loss.

I dont think the actual *level* of fat matters that much, as long as there is caloric deficit and enough stimulus to maintain muscle.

Holto
03-26-2006, 08:38 AM
I dont think the actual *level* of fat matters that much, as long as there is caloric deficit and enough stimulus to maintain muscle.

Precisely.

There are many unhealthy ways to lose fat.

smalls
03-26-2006, 10:48 AM
I concur. The reason higher fats work so well is that it's much more satisfying and for many people leads to less hunger/less cheating etc. But getting even tiny amounts of fat is usually "enough" and if she's eating less than she burn she will get smaller/leaner depending on her training and the rest of her diet.
I've seen some damn lean girls who eat pizza and crap all the time, genetics are a pretty sweet thing for some.

waynis
03-28-2006, 12:32 PM
She probably just eats less than her maintenance calories whilst lifting weights.

Agreed.