PDA

View Full Version : Ingestible Fat and Bodyfat

Nito
03-26-2006, 07:38 PM
Why doesn't fat that you eat equate to bodyfat?

betastas
03-26-2006, 07:46 PM
With 1000+ posts, you aren't serious are you?

EDIT: Well... if you are:

Fat stored can be equated to too many calories for your body in a given time frame (basic version). If you eat too many carbs... they will store as fat. Same with protein and fats.

However - fat consumed is used for a multitude of processes and as energy for bodily repair, movement and anything else you can think of in the body. Fat you consume isn't stored as fat automatically. It goes to these processes initially, and if not needed anywhere in the body, then it will be stored as fat.

There are many more complications to all of this, but essentially this is how I understand it.

Built
03-26-2006, 07:48 PM
It's a reasonable question. Nito isn't asking if it does - he wants a way of explaining that it doesn't.

Optimum08
03-26-2006, 07:49 PM

with 40+ posts are you serious? hes not asking if ingestible fat equals bodyfat hes asking about the science of it...something that im interested in learning also.

Nito
03-26-2006, 07:50 PM

EDIT: Well... if you are:

Fat stored can be equated to too many calories for your body in a given time frame (basic version). If you eat too many carbs... they will store as fat. Same with protein and fats.

However - fat consumed is used for a multitude of processes and as energy for bodily repair, movement and anything else you can think of in the body. Fat you consume isn't stored as fat automatically. It goes to these processes initially, and if not needed anywhere in the body, then it will be stored as fat.

There are many more complications to all of this, but essentially this is how I understand it.

Stfu, I'm looking for a scientific answer, not the obvious.

Mods, can lock the thread I have the answer I'm looking for.

Built
03-26-2006, 07:50 PM
No, don't.

Somebody like Slim would be very welcome right about now.

betastas
03-26-2006, 08:10 PM
Stfu, I'm looking for a scientific answer, not the obvious.

Mods, can lock the thread I have the answer I'm looking for.

I apologize. I read the post wrong and quickly edited it. There are a ton of factors that lead to fat storage, most of it being due to biochemical processes involving insulin. I'm glad you got your answer though.

Slim Schaedle
03-26-2006, 08:41 PM
Well, there is no simple answer for the processes, etc. concerning this.

In short, (very short) fats form micellar particles which are absorbed into the intestinal muscosal cell.

Here they can be converted to many things, which can be converted to many other things.

One of these is free from fatty acids which can be stored in adipose tissue as triglycerides (or triacyglycerols, same thing) This is not automatic and depends on several factors.

None of this takes into the account the other numerous functions of fat.