PDA

View Full Version : Critique as much as u want!

Keith
03-26-2006, 11:39 PM
Gained 30lbs this past year and wondering from you guys just how big you think I can get? Im 19yrs old, almost a pure ectomorph and weighing in at 160lbs. My guess is roughly 180lbs cut (5-10% bf) also taking into consideration that ill be training for the next 5-10yrs this seriously. Thanks guys!

Before

Keith
03-26-2006, 11:40 PM
After

Sidior
03-26-2006, 11:50 PM
how tall are you?

Keith
03-26-2006, 11:52 PM
5'8"

Sidior
03-26-2006, 11:53 PM
If you work and train hard for the next 5-10 years I would say 200lb at 10% is very possible, much more if you work your ass off. Tough to really tell though, just keep training you are on the right track.

Sidior
03-26-2006, 11:54 PM
also what do your legs look like?

Keith
03-26-2006, 11:59 PM
I dont think id go as far as 200lbs, knowing my body type. But who knows, im really interested in wondering how far I can take it. And I actually havent taken any pics of my wheels yet, but I plan to next time I take pics.

dw06wu
03-26-2006, 11:59 PM
I don't think it would take 5 years to hit 200 @10%, as long as you stay dedicated esp. with the diet. Do things right and you could get there in 2-3.

Sidior
03-27-2006, 12:00 AM
awesome get some pics up, and regardless of bodytype anyone can get large, some people just have to eat more than others...

Keith
03-27-2006, 12:10 AM
awesome get some pics up, and regardless of bodytype anyone can get large, some people just have to eat more than others...

Regardless of bodytypes? Yes, anyone can get large, but not everyone can be 200lbs at 10%bf or less. Genetics bro, my entire family is small in everyway and I know I will never be that size for that reason.

Sidior
03-27-2006, 12:16 AM
I think alot of people have it tougher than others to get that big, but with 5-10 years serious training I think it is possible, like I said though it's just my opinion....can't hurt to shoot big.

Keith
03-27-2006, 12:18 AM
Definately not, I would be a dream of mine to be 200lbs at 10%. I can always bring down my bf easily so if I was at that weight I could become even more cut than that.

McIrish
03-27-2006, 12:49 AM
Keith, looks like you have a really solid base to work from - I'd recommend eating eating and eating. You can probably throw down a ton more cals without putting on a ton of fat, judging by your slimmer build. Keep it up, bro! We'll see you at a solid 200 in a few years! :)

brickt.
03-27-2006, 02:30 AM
Regardless of bodytypes? Yes, anyone can get large, but not everyone can be 200lbs at 10%bf or less. Genetics bro, my entire family is small in everyway and I know I will never be that size for that reason.

You'd be suprised what can be achieved through hard training, eating, dedication, patience and drugs.

Ectomorph you say? I now hate you.

Davidelmo
03-27-2006, 06:40 AM
Definately not, I would be a dream of mine to be 200lbs at 10%. I can always bring down my bf easily so if I was at that weight I could become even more cut than that.

You CAN do it. Be positive, lift heavy, do squats, eat lots... it's VERY possible! :D

Good luck.

Keith
03-27-2006, 10:22 AM
You'd be suprised what can be achieved through hard training, eating, dedication, patience and drugs.

Ectomorph you say? I now hate you.

<----Flex wheelers back?? and yes I do believe I can get there using drugs but I tend on staying as clean and healthy as I can. But thank you for the support.

And yes yes...pure bread ectomorph!

Bob
03-27-2006, 10:32 AM
30 lbs in a year.. awesome..
15 lbs this year.. 10 the next couple.. and then a couple of 5s..
Should put you @ 200 in 5 yrs or less...

Squat and DL heavy... Eat Right... sleep enough...
And most of all have fun..

Keith
03-27-2006, 10:32 AM
You CAN do it. Be positive, lift heavy, do squats, eat lots... it's VERY possible! :D

Good luck.

Well so far the majority of ppl on here are telling me I can do it. Ive talked to many other ppl that tell me the opposite and thats why I have my mind set to "I cant". Even though those words dont even belong in my vocabulary. I would love to stay as positive as I can bc I actually believe with a positive mind you can increase more with your gains. Peoples opinions really get to me sometimes even though I cant help it, so I guess with more people telling me I can, ill be striving that much more towards that weight. Thanks for the support guys.

Keith
03-27-2006, 10:35 AM
30 lbs in a year.. awesome..
15 lbs this year.. 10 the next couple.. and then a couple of 5s..
Should put you @ 200 in 5 yrs or less...

Squat and DL heavy... Eat Right... sleep enough...
And most of all have fun..

LOL, sounds great man! My training partner has this book, I cant remember the title of it, but question me about it later on and ill get it from him but it shows a chart of your age, what level of experience you are, and how much more weight you can add on through the yrs of training. Considering ive gained 30lbs this first year, the next few yrs drop dramatically. I added up all the weight I could add on through 10 yrs of training and I think it brought me to 185lbs. Ill double check though bc im really interested in this topic.

Keith
03-27-2006, 10:40 AM
Keith, looks like you have a really solid base to work from - I'd recommend eating eating and eating. You can probably throw down a ton more cals without putting on a ton of fat, judging by your slimmer build. Keep it up, bro! We'll see you at a solid 200 in a few years! :)

I know I can throw down so much more calories, but me being an ectomorph, ive always had good abs and ive always loved to show them off. In the pics I posted there now the absolute worst by far bc of the amount of fat ive packed on. This is getting to me now lol as much as it shouldnt bc I know I can gain a whole lot more effectively if I have that extra fat there, then I can always cut after. Thank for the support again guys!

Bob
03-27-2006, 10:50 AM
Never believe some book...
Take a look at real people out there.. your potential is only limited by your imagination.
Lifting hard & heavy... Eating the right foods... etc.. will get you where you want to be.

When people right books, they have to think of the ordinary reader.. the ordinary/average person.. to make sure the goals are "achieveable" with ordinary/average work. Be above the average and you will acheive. Keep reading WBB.. lots of success stories with the same goals as you. No book stopped them!!

PS.. Don't stop reading books though.. books/reading are good, great.. but with a grain of salt. And some books will have lots of great useful information, routines, training programs, etc...

ederon
03-27-2006, 10:54 AM
your going to have to take everything anyone said negative about your goals and throw them out the window!!! You have to commit one hundred percent, no bull, at 160 5'8 i would kill to be your height. Well maybe not kill, but i would probably torture for that height. Anyways you have A LOT of potential, to getting HUGE, theres only a couple things that stand in your path. 1: your determination. (when you puke at the gym from doing squats, you throw a towel on top and finish your sets!)
2: your guidence and education on bodybuilding and lifting weights
i find without the proper knowledge you could very well stay the same after 2 years. i learned the hard way. But the more you know and quicker you understand it, you won't waste anytime on your gains.
3: your diet, without this you also will not grow. This is something your going to have to not only study but find out for yourself with trial and error. Not everything works for everyone.

PS: i wish you best of luck and look forward to seeing your gains!

Keith
03-27-2006, 11:01 AM
Never believe some book...
Take a look at real people out there.. your potential is only limited by your imagination.
Lifting hard & heavy... Eating the right foods... etc.. will get you where you want to be.

When people right books, they have to think of the ordinary reader.. the ordinary/average person.. to make sure the goals are "achieveable" with ordinary/average work. Be above the average and you will acheive. Keep reading WBB.. lots of success stories with the same goals as you. No book stopped them!!

PS.. Don't stop reading books though.. books/reading are good, great.. but with a grain of salt. And some books will have lots of great useful information, routines, training programs, etc...

True, I do believe what your saying. But this book is very advanced, its not towards the average joe. I forgot the title of the book but my buddy gave me the link where it is at amazon.com and you can skim through the pages there. Its a great book that I highly recommend. This guy is smart as ****
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0976459302/ref=pd_po_rvi_2/002-3770018-8626449?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance&n=283155

Also, has anyone heard of this book?? Im really thinking of purchasing it.
http://www.musclestuff.com/huge.html

Keith
03-27-2006, 11:04 AM
your going to have to take everything anyone said negative about your goals and throw them out the window!!! You have to commit one hundred percent, no bull, at 160 5'8 i would kill to be your height. Well maybe not kill, but i would probably torture for that height. Anyways you have A LOT of potential, to getting HUGE, theres only a couple things that stand in your path. 1: your determination. (when you puke at the gym from doing squats, you throw a towel on top and finish your sets!)
2: your guidence and education on bodybuilding and lifting weights
i find without the proper knowledge you could very well stay the same after 2 years. i learned the hard way. But the more you know and quicker you understand it, you won't waste anytime on your gains.
3: your diet, without this you also will not grow. This is something your going to have to not only study but find out for yourself with trial and error. Not everything works for everyone.

PS: i wish you best of luck and look forward to seeing your gains!

Couldnt have said it better myself. At this point in time, ive heard how much bull **** from ppl and im so sick of it. So right now im trying to do the majority of what im doing by trial and error and see where that gets me. And thanks alot bro! Ill keep everyone posted.

Canadian Crippler
03-27-2006, 01:00 PM
You can be waaay bigger than 180 @ 10% if you continue training hard for that much time. Keep it up.

Keith
03-27-2006, 02:34 PM
Oh I will

WORLD
03-27-2006, 10:15 PM
Hey I think I saw this fellow walking around one day. He crossed the street and stopped traffic. Girls flocked from everywhere to see him....Superman got jealous and gave up his career because he couldnt have a body like Keith.

Whether or not you will be 200 lbs doesnt matter. As long as you look as good as you can, and absolutely ripped to shreds, you will be satisfied. Hell, isn't bodybuilding (as a hobby) all about being happy with your body, feeling good, and confident with yourself? Isn't going to the gym everyday and working your but off eating a proper diet worth it all when you look in the mirror? Who knows keith, maybe one day you will be 200 lbs.... but ill be 201lbs haha

Btw were training partners.

-World-Is-Yours-

Keith
03-28-2006, 09:56 AM
Hahaha thata boy, well said. And I believe I will be 201lbs because you cant gain a single god damn pound of fat!

Meat_Head
03-28-2006, 01:52 PM
200 @ 10% is definately attainable. Good work so far, keep it up! Btw, do less curls and more back work.

cosmicdebree88
03-28-2006, 03:41 PM
Gained 30lbs this past year and wondering from you guys just how big you think I can get? Im 19yrs old, almost a pure ectomorph and weighing in at 160lbs. My guess is roughly 180lbs cut (5-10% bf) also taking into consideration that ill be training for the next 5-10yrs this seriously. Thanks guys!

So, lemme just get this straight, you just gained 30lbs in one year while still maintaining a low bf% and you think that it will take you 5-10 years to gain 20 more lbs? :scratch:

Don't be so modest in setting your goals. Set out to look the way you want to in 5-10 years. Forget about what you think is "possible" that's all bull****. You will never know what you can do until you try to do it. You wanna be 200 lbs at 10% bf? Then make that your goal and put 100% effort into reaching that goal. You'll be very surprised what you can do. :thumbup:

Keith
03-29-2006, 07:06 PM
200 @ 10% is definately attainable. Good work so far, keep it up! Btw, do less curls and more back work.

More back work? I got a whole day set out for back and rear delts bro. And the rear delt part only consists of 3 work sets. The rest of the workout is dedicated to my favourite body part. And bi's, im doing 2 exercises and 3 work sets...you consider that too much bi's and not enough back?

Canadian Crippler
03-29-2006, 08:01 PM
That's fine.

The amount of weight you gain is dependant on how much you eat, theres no set amount because of age, training experience, etc. I went from ~130lbs to ~203lbs to ~188lbs in exactly 2 years, then to ~178lbs and back to ~185lbs currently.

Meat_Head
03-29-2006, 11:10 PM
More back work? I got a whole day set out for back and rear delts bro. And the rear delt part only consists of 3 work sets. The rest of the workout is dedicated to my favourite body part. And bi's, im doing 2 exercises and 3 work sets...you consider that too much bi's and not enough back?

From the look of your pics, your biceps far surpass your back in development. You don't need to do any direct bicep work, it looks like they are getting too much specialization in comparison to your lats/traps. Its up to you though, if you don't care about symmetry keep the bicep work.

Keith
03-30-2006, 11:00 AM
From the look of your pics, your biceps far surpass your back in development. You don't need to do any direct bicep work, it looks like they are getting too much specialization in comparison to your lats/traps. Its up to you though, if you don't care about symmetry keep the bicep work.

Really?! See this is what I want, I want people like you to critique my body. Im doing this all for my physique, so symmetry, proportions, size and muscularity is what im concentrating on. Who else agrees that my biceps are too developed in comparison to my traps? Ill agree my lats are a weak point and im working on that. But I believe my back and traps are well developed compared to the rest of my body. I always thought I was rather "thick" then "wide".

Keith
03-30-2006, 11:04 AM
That's fine.

The amount of weight you gain is dependant on how much you eat, theres no set amount because of age, training experience, etc. I went from ~130lbs to ~203lbs to ~188lbs in exactly 2 years, then to ~178lbs and back to ~185lbs currently.

Good for you man! Thats amazing to gain over 70lbs then shread 15lbs off in 2 years. Im not even sure if theres a point to cutting for this summer. If I was going to do it I would start at the end of april (when im out from school). Its already beginning to be the season of shorts/no shirt.:thumbup:

Gabrielle
03-30-2006, 09:55 PM
great gains for a year, bud. You didn't get too chubby and you have just enough time to get in shape for summer. Keep it up