PDA

View Full Version : Help a brotha out.. D:

Haaji Dont Surf
03-27-2006, 10:56 AM
The scoop: Former fatty(240 lbs)... Started body building last year but quit after a few months and now it's time to get back into it as my GF loves the beach and I'll end up being there every few days this summer and can't go out there looking like this!! :( Basically I need to tone up, I'm not looking to get jacked.. Just some bigger arms, chest, and abs. (I promise not to neglect my legs..) Should I be bulking or cutting(I know you're going to say bulk but I must ask as I feel like I've gained some gross fat the last few weeks and some love handles :( )? HELP ME! :indian: :indian: :indian: :indian: :indian: :indian:

Current: 6'1(maybe 6'2) ~168 lbs and perhaps you could guess my bf%? :P

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/wormie/aMedium.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/wormie/bMedium.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/wormie/cMedium.jpg

Is it off to WBB 1 for me? D:

getfit
03-27-2006, 10:58 AM
you're definently not fat!

Bulk keep it clean.

Yes WBB1 is good to start off with

Anthony
03-27-2006, 11:03 AM
I would say eat clean (meat, veggies, fruits, nuts) and focus on getting stronger. You're not going to make drastic changes in 2 months, so you might as well plan long term.

Either way, I don't see why you'd be ashamed to go to the beach. Enjoy it!

Haaji Dont Surf
03-27-2006, 11:17 AM
Alrighty, sound's good.. I'll go long term. Clean bulk.. WBB1. Are there any other routines I could maybe look at? Can I incorporate some jogging?

Anthony
03-27-2006, 11:19 AM
*cough*crossfit*cough*

;)

Jogging is fine, but boring. Try HIIT with sprints ... more beneficial all around.

Haaji Dont Surf
03-27-2006, 11:26 AM
*cough*crossfit*cough*

;)

Jogging is fine, but boring. Try HIIT with sprints ... more beneficial all around.
Could you educate me in the fine field of HIIT? (what the hell is it? D: ) Perhaps a link? :) Thanks, kind sir!!
What do you do yourself? You seem to be a reasonably sexy fellow.

Anthony
03-27-2006, 12:19 PM
HIIT = High Intensity Interval Training. Essentially you sprint for a set time or distance and then go easy for a set time or distance.

Examples would be:
- Sprint 100m, walk 100m, sprint 100m, walk 100m, etc.
- Sprint 10 seconds, walk 20 seconds, sprint 10 seconds, walk 20 seconds, etc.
- Sprint 20 seconds, walk 10 seconds, sprint 20 seconds, walk 10 seconds, etc.

It is best to keep intervals short (20/10 or 10/20 are the most common) and therefore this doesn't work well on the typical machines you find in the gym. Find a track or get a mountain bike. Hell, some people sprint from one telephone poll to the next, walk to the next, then sprint, etc. Be creative and find something that works. Repeat for 5-20 intervals and you'll understand why most people would rather read a magazine and use the eliptical.

For more indepth reading on why HIIT kicks some major ass:

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=75212
http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=76179

Or

Search for "HIIT" on the forums and you'll get plenty of info.

Haaji Dont Surf
03-27-2006, 02:52 PM
Thank you, kind sir.

saleen281
03-27-2006, 06:01 PM
another thing I like to do for HIIT is stairs. Find some that take you about 10-15 seconds and then jog back down.

Haaji Dont Surf
03-27-2006, 06:06 PM
another thing I like to do for HIIT is stairs. Find some that take you about 10-15 seconds and then jog back down.
That'll work wonders until my legs give out and I fall and tumble down. :nod:

Gabrielle
03-27-2006, 06:11 PM
you look good man, be consistent and you will look even better for summer

Haaji Dont Surf
03-27-2006, 07:00 PM
you look good man, be consistent and you will look even better for summer
Thanks! :) You're suggesting a clean bulk as well I take it? :D

Skinny Fat
03-28-2006, 09:09 AM
With a guy your size, bulk is the only way to go! If you cut right now, you'd just look like one of those poor, starving children that you can save for just pennies a day. Eat big, lift big!

deeder
03-28-2006, 10:01 AM
With a guy your size, bulk is the only way to go! If you cut right now, you'd just look like one of those poor, starving children that you can save for just pennies a day. Eat big, lift big!
I actually thought that picture was of the little ethiopian boy named Quasmagintin that I sponsored for 1$ last year... The pics sure look like him.... Quasi, how are you eating? A little more than boiled roots and dirt I hope :thumbup:

Edit:
BULK! I am, you should too!

Haaji Dont Surf
03-28-2006, 01:55 PM
Thank's guys!! :)

method115
03-28-2006, 03:55 PM
your so skinny I wouldn't even worry about cleaing bulking I would just bulk eat whatever, whenever. Then after you gain a few pounds you can clean it up.

Haaji Dont Surf
03-30-2006, 08:47 AM
your so skinny I wouldn't even worry about cleaing bulking I would just bulk eat whatever, whenever. Then after you gain a few pounds you can clean it up.
Sounds delicious.. :)