PDA

View Full Version : 1 new back picture

Jinkies
03-27-2006, 08:21 PM
I hate progress pictures, they only seem to bring me down. My backs commin in nicely though but besides that the rest of me still has its work cut out for it. Im thinking in a few years ill fix my former fat probs but until then ill keep killin myself to get better.

ArchAngel777
03-27-2006, 08:41 PM
I hate progress pictures, they only seem to bring me down. My backs commin in nicely though but besides that the rest of me still has its work cut out for it. Im thinking in a few years ill fix my former fat probs but until then ill keep killin myself to get better.

Honestly, it looks like you have plenty of mass. I think a cut would do your good.

Stumprrp
03-28-2006, 04:50 AM
still very large, arms and back.

PoutineEh
03-28-2006, 08:40 AM
yea i would recommend a cut over summer. if you do it nice and slow and preserve all that muscle you have now, you will look f'in huge imo

Jinkies
03-28-2006, 10:14 AM
Yeah thats what I was thinking, a slow cut for summer. I read the carb cycling article and was thinking of giving it a try; has anyone had sucess with this type of diet?

ArchAngel777
03-28-2006, 10:27 AM
Yeah thats what I was thinking, a slow cut for summer. I read the carb cycling article and was thinking of giving it a try; has anyone had sucess with this type of diet?

A slow cut is going to take a lot longer than the summer to complete. I am actually leaner than you are (from what I can tell) and I still have a lot more to go on my cut, and it is an agressive cut as well. You have great mass, but you need to sculpt that out if you care about your physique. If not, bulk on! Your choice, your body... You are a beast regardless.

Any diet that is below maintenance calories and allows you to stay on it works. Staying on the diet is typically more important than what diet you are on. Though, some may dissagree.

Jinkies
03-28-2006, 01:31 PM
Yeah, im just lazy when trying to put it together. Wish there was just a chart already made out i could follow by someone, i just need to get off my ass and put it all together. How long would it take to drop from 230 to around 205? Im hoping that i can start to see some definition towards the end of may, but i love eating so much.

PoutineEh
03-28-2006, 01:56 PM
6 months about if you do it a pound a week which seems to be the recommendation around here. im going to be cutting too during the summer since i have always had a belly and would like to see it gone if not smaller. i figure ill be happy dropping about 15 lbs during this summer. i have from april 24 (school gets out) to about september 4 (school gets back in session).

ArchAngel777
03-28-2006, 01:56 PM
Yeah, im just lazy when trying to put it together. Wish there was just a chart already made out i could follow by someone, i just need to get off my ass and put it all together. How long would it take to drop from 230 to around 205? Im hoping that i can start to see some definition towards the end of may, but i love eating so much.

To drop 25 pounds of fat through a normal diet, your are looking at around 4 - 5 months. If you are really agressive and hardcore with it, it could be done in slightly under 3 months.

I thought I had only 25 pounds to lose when I started though, it turned out I still have 25 more to lose AFTER I already dropped a good 50+... Fat is quite hidden on us and we don't realize just how fat we are till we get rid of it. Just keep that in mind.

Jinkies
03-28-2006, 06:46 PM
Im only at about 16 percent bf, and ive got spring football training coming up. Ill prob burn off 15 pounds in 3 weeks of conditioning -_- poor muscle. Guess i got my work cutout for me, hopefully it will look good in the end

Davidelmo
03-28-2006, 08:11 PM
Im only at about 16 percent bf, and ive got spring football training coming up. Ill prob burn off 15 pounds in 3 weeks of conditioning -_- poor muscle. Guess i got my work cutout for me, hopefully it will look good in the end

16%.. are you sure?

I dont want to be rude, but I'd definately estimate you higher than that, although it is hard to tell from a lat spread. I'm just judging by the way your hands sink into your sides. No offence (dont beat me up.. you're huge!)

cphafner
03-28-2006, 08:57 PM
you are still looking big, but I personally think you are putting on too much weight (ie. fat) too fast. Adding that much bad weight just means you are going to have more work to do when you cut.

Optimum08
03-28-2006, 09:11 PM
i'd also probably put you more than 16%...i would probably classify 16% as someone who has pretty good definition as in you can see most of the outline of their abs and vascularity etc. if i had to guess i would put you closer to 20-22%

Jinkies
03-28-2006, 10:23 PM
That excess skin, i recently got a body scan done at my moms office and thats what it was. I was once 290 pounds of fat then dropped 100 and gained back 40, its hard to hide. That ones of the reasons im concidering a cut, the true reason i bulked was i figured id fill up the skin and then lose it and it would be gone. Only problem was i gained little mass in those trouble spots which should be a good thing. Its all excess skin to be short tho

Jinkies
03-28-2006, 10:31 PM
To do it justice tho, im post some pictures of it and i can get yalls advice from there. I know yall defininately have more experience then me so hopefully yall might have some advice