PDA

View Full Version : I need help!

sprklw
03-28-2006, 06:56 AM
Started the WBB routine 1 last night and didnt feel like i got a workout. I did everything to my max ability without hurting myself. when the workout was over I felt unsatisfied.should i go back to my progrssion workout where each rep is more weight. i dont even feel sore.:help:

Unreal
03-28-2006, 07:00 AM
Soreness is not an indication of progress or a good workout. If you didn't feel worked, then you probably could have gone heavier or put more effort into it.

Clifford Gillmore
03-28-2006, 07:03 AM
I just hit a squat PR for a single and I'm no where near feeling sore, the concept of a 'burn' is pure misconception. Unreal nailed it.

deeder
03-28-2006, 07:39 AM
I just hit a squat PR for a single and I'm no where near feeling sore, the concept of a 'burn' is pure misconception. Unreal nailed it.

I agree. You don't need to 'feel da burn' to get a good workout.. If you're lifting in the lower rep ranges (3-5) then chances are you NEVER get 'da burn' yet still progress in strength (and size if that's what you respond to).

I very recently switched back to the 12-15 rep range and man oh man do I feel it!

RedSpikeyThing
03-28-2006, 09:19 AM
I started WBB1 about 3 weeks ago and thought the exact same thing. I also tend to hurt a lot the next day and I wasn't even stiff. BUT I've been consistently adding weight to all of my lifts for the last 3 weeks and making better progress than I ever have before!

The other thing is that if your used to doing, say, 4x10 then your used to conserving your energy for the last set. When you switch to 2x6-8 it takes some time to be able to bust your ass on the very first set. I love being able to do that because I walk into the gym and my first working set is heavier than best set last week! Its like instant progress.

sprklw
03-28-2006, 10:12 AM
so, should i increase weight each week no matter if I could do 8 reps or not?:redface:

ddegroff
03-28-2006, 10:56 AM
if you hit 8reps on both sets i would move up in weight. I find with new routines the first couple workouts are "light" because you ware unsure of how much weight to use. Then you get into the groove and the workouts get a lot better.