PDA

View Full Version : Starting my first cut...Any help would be much appreciated...

SabresRock299
03-28-2006, 01:08 PM
Hey guys, Ive been lifting/bulking up for 18 months now. I started at 6'2" 170 lbs and now im 6'2" 235. My max bench went from 130 to 270. My max dead went from 230 to 360. Lastly, my max squat went from 150 to 330.

My only problem is im boardering on chubby strong if you know what I mean.

Anyway heres what my diet looks like now that ive been going on a "cut" for the past 2 days.

Meal 1:

4 Eggs
Can of Tuna
1 Slicew of WW Bread w/ natural peanuttbutter.
Banana

650 calories

Meal 2:

Healthy chicken patty
Almonds
OJ/Cottage Cheese drink (its the only way I can get it down)
V8 Juice

430 calories

Meal 3:

Tuna
Protein Shake
Apple
Carrots
Almonds

450 calories

Meal 4:

Lean Hamberger W/ 1 slice of WW bread
4 Eggs
OJ/Cottage Cheese drink
V8 juice
Almonds

650 calories

PRE WORKOUT - Protein Shake and Banana 300 calories

Meal 5:

Lean Hamberger w/ 1 slice WW bread
Tuna
OJ/Cottage Cheese drink
Almonds

550 calories.

In total Im eating around 3,030 calories. When I was on my bulk diet I was getting around 4,000 - 4,500 calories. Im trying to stay away from carbs and eat as much healthy fat as possible.

As far as cardio goes Im going to do the treadmill at a moderate pace 4 times a week at 20 minutes or so.

Any suggestions? AM I doing anything flat out wrong? Thanks a freaking bunch.

Built
03-28-2006, 01:33 PM
How do your macros break down? And what's your lifting like?

SabresRock299
03-28-2006, 01:38 PM
How do your macros break down? And what's your lifting like?

Thanks for responding so quickly.

1) What do you mean "macros"?

2) I try and change my workouts around as much as I can. The only consistency I have is the following...

I workout every 3/4 days. If Im feeling sluggish or sore Ill take an extra day off. I also always start Chest/Back/Leg days with the bench/deadlift/squat. I also workout at night arounf 10:00 and eat one last meal before bedtime. other than that my reps and excersizes change drastically from workout to workout.

Patz
03-28-2006, 01:51 PM
Here's an example of a macro (macronutrient) breakdown.

Macros are your proteins, carbs, and fats.

1g of carb = 4 calories

1g of protein = 4 calories

1g of fat = 9 calofies

Figure up how many grams of each macronutrient you have, and then figure out how many calories you're getting form each.

Then, take those totals and figure up how much of a percentage of the daily calorie total they are.

For instance..

If you were taking in 2000 calories per day, and 1000 of it was protein, that would be 1000 divided by 2000 to get the percentage of protein in your diet.

Do this with each macro, and show us the breakdown so we can see where you're at.

Go ahead and list the total grams of each macro, total calories, and percentages.

SabresRock299
03-28-2006, 01:53 PM
Here's an example of a macro (macronutrient) breakdown.

Macros are your proteins, carbs, and fats.

1g of carb = 4 calories

1g of protein = 4 calories

1g of fat = 9 calofies

Figure up how many grams of each macronutrient you have, and then figure out how many calories you're getting form each.

Then, take those totals and figure up how much of a percentage of the daily calorie total they are.

For instance..

If you were taking in 2000 calories per day, and 1000 of it was protein, that would be 1000 divided by 2000 to get the percentage of protein in your diet.

Do this with each macro, and show us the breakdown so we can see where you're at.

Go ahead and list the total grams of each macro, total calories, and percentages.

So I have to do a bit of homework then. Ill go home and total everything up. Please check back here tomarrow. I need your help.

Built
03-28-2006, 01:55 PM
The one thing I'd add is the percentage of total calories really doesn't mean anything - the bigger deal is to make sure your lean body mass (or LBM) is appropriately "dosed" with protein and fat.

Read the link in my sig - you'll see what I'm talking about there.

I like it that you start your workouts with heavy compounds. That's a very good strategy, cutting or bulking.

Patz
03-28-2006, 02:00 PM
As much as I agree you need that fat in there, I can't begin to function in my workouts without a big dose of carbs. Everyone is different, though.

I mostly wanted to let him show us what he's dealing with, without trying to total all that up myself..lol

Built
03-28-2006, 04:05 PM
Oh, I like a carb meal before I train, too. No argument there AT ALL.