PDA

View Full Version : No more soda.

iTim387
03-28-2006, 03:02 PM
I've been drinking a lot of soda for a long time. At school I'm usually drinking about 64 ounces a day. Thats like 800 calories per day. I've been drinking water almost exclusively for a week, and I plan on continuing this. I haven't been gaining weight, so do you think by cutting out all those calories I can lose about a pound a week?

getfit
03-28-2006, 03:04 PM
what's your diet looking like?

Davidelmo
03-28-2006, 03:11 PM
I guess you probably will, assuming you're eating the same otherwise and that you weren't overeating before.

It's not all good though. Unless you're weightlifting and the rest of your diet is decent...

iTim387
03-28-2006, 03:12 PM
Most people on these forums would probably call my diet a mess. It's very hard to know what your eating in a dining hall. To be honest, I think my metabolism is a little ****ed up. I hardly ever eat breakfast, and my diet isn't very consistent. A meal usually consists of water, a sandwich, and some fruit. Sometimes I get pasta, or chicken fingers (I know they're bad).

I used to have a very fast metabolism, up until about 9th grade. After that I started gaining weight every year. Do you think that my eating habits are really messing up my metabolism?

Oh, and yes, I am weightlifting. My routine is here (http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=76974) -- I've been at it for about 4 months.

Davidelmo
03-28-2006, 03:16 PM
Well, eating more regularly *would* be better, no matter what your goals.

Your eating habits *may* be affecting your metabolism to an extent. I have a fat friend who eats 1 meal a day and stays fat. I think it gets to a point where you have basically crashed your basal metabolism.

Also, if you are not eating enough, your body can go into starvation mode which causes it to hold onto fat... not exactly what you want.

So, in short, yes.. try to eat more regularly.

ddegroff
03-28-2006, 03:29 PM
congrats on losing the soda. 64ounces of soda a day is a lot and so is the 800cals of sugar that comes whith it. I drink water and only water. I would say start eatine more or atleast on a regular schedule. I would also recommend eating breakfast, if yov've slept for 8hrs then you don't eat till noon thats a long time without food.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
03-28-2006, 05:46 PM
I don't drink soda or caffeinated drinks anymore. I love water...or 100% fruit juice.

Congrats on cutting out the soda. I always felt like crap after drinking that stuff.