PDA

View Full Version : Semi-random update pics

KarateBoy
03-28-2006, 09:09 PM
I tried to get the angle and lighting as similar as possibly.

I don't see much change (if any?) in the last 10 weeks or so, although my calories been low. Last 4 weeks I've bumped my calories to about 4000/day. 2 Last week its been 4500. Might hit 5000 today.

I think biggest change/growth (once agian if any?) is from just last week and yesterday: huge lifting day and plenty of time to eat food. My right arm grew from 14'' to 14.5'' in a week and I've ALWAYS been weak/small in the arms. Maybe 5000/ day + my friends recommend workout big be doing the trick.

Only chest pics. Back pics in another 2 weeks or so.

Taken on January 15,2006

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/xforce369/Pawel/Picture080.jpg

Taken March 28, 2006

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/xforce369/Pawel/Picture268.jpg

I'll try to take another more similar pic if I can: I think I got the angle, now the distance.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/xforce369/Pawel/IMG_0768.jpg

sharkall2003
03-28-2006, 09:11 PM
I don't see any changes, but best wishes to fullfilling your goals.

deeder
03-28-2006, 09:32 PM
I think your right nipple has gotten slightly smaller... Although that may just be the lighting...

Can't see any change really.... What were you trying to do? Cut or bulk?

KarateBoy
03-28-2006, 09:37 PM
I've been trying to bulk just seem no matter what i eat and how i lift my chest and arms don't grow.

No problem with gaining on legs or back.

Bohizzle
03-28-2006, 10:17 PM
well u said urself u only bumped the calories up higher the last few weeks... take some more time with the increased food and u'll see results. keep it up now that u know what ur doing.

Andrew

Sidior
03-29-2006, 12:19 AM
your arm grew 1/2 an inch in a week?

MJS
03-29-2006, 03:59 AM
You have to EAT

Davidelmo
03-29-2006, 06:24 AM
Sorry, I can't see any difference.. those pics are practically identical.

KarateBoy
03-29-2006, 08:09 AM
your arm grew 1/2 an inch in a week?

I don't know, I measure a week ago and it ws 14'' dead on and today its 14.25''

Yesterday it was 14.5'' Is it possible to be swollen 24 hours after lifting?

Bohizzle
03-29-2006, 08:14 AM
yes

rk77
03-29-2006, 12:47 PM
height and weight?

KarateBoy
03-29-2006, 01:49 PM
5'11.5 and my weight flops between 155 and 160 all the time

rk77
03-29-2006, 05:12 PM
Thats what I figured I'm just about the same as you, maybe 5-7 pounds heavier.

KarateBoy
03-29-2006, 06:30 PM
Thats what I figured I'm just about the same as you, maybe 5-7 pounds heavier.

How much do you eat calorie wise?

KarateBoy
03-29-2006, 07:13 PM
I guess we can do this:

From the pics, other then an all around bulk, what do you guys think i should hit the hardest? I'm thinking arms. Anything look decent atleast?

rk77
03-29-2006, 07:23 PM
I don't really count cals. I just try to eat the right foods.

accuFLEX
03-30-2006, 06:12 AM
Do you workout?

I just try to eat the right foods.

Try harder

Davidelmo
03-30-2006, 06:33 AM
I guess we can do this:

From the pics, other then an all around bulk, what do you guys think i should hit the hardest? I'm thinking arms. Anything look decent atleast?

Everything.

Back and legs especially. You're long and thin.. work on your back to give you width. Also there were no leg pics so I assume you need to work on those too ;)

Arms are such small muscles.. if you want substantial size and to LOOK big, dont waste your time working your arms loads.

rk77
03-30-2006, 11:25 AM
Yes I do workout. Try harder then working out and eating right? Lifting isnt my entire life.

method115
03-30-2006, 11:49 AM
I dont even notice a change

sharkall2003
03-30-2006, 12:07 PM
Eat a lot of HEALTHY foods and lift HARD and CONSISTENTLY and you will see gains. I have been doing that for the last few months and I have gained over 20 lbs and I look a lot bigger. Now I am going on a cut and I know all the hard work I put forth before will be worth it come summer time.

accuFLEX
03-30-2006, 12:42 PM
Yes I do workout. Try harder then working out and eating right? Lifting isnt my entire life.

Then why the **** are you here? Dont expect anything to happen if your not going to dedicate yourself. If that means a lifesytle change, then so be it. But please dont come here and wonder why your not gaining weight.

rk77
03-30-2006, 03:43 PM
Dude what are you talking about? So going to the gym 5 times a week and chosing tuna and chicken breast over pizza isnt enough? you gotta be kidding me. Sorry if I dont sit in on saturday nights alone so I can drink my protein shake and get my 7th meal on time and avoid drinking and having a good time.

sharkall2003
03-30-2006, 03:47 PM
Dude what are you talking about? So going to the gym 5 times a week and chosing tuna and chicken breast over pizza isnt enough? you gotta be kidding me. Sorry if I dont sit in on saturday nights alone so I can drink my protein shake and get my 7th meal on time and avoid drinking and having a good time.

Exactly. I party on the weekends and train during the week. I believe some people haven't heard the phrase "all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy."

dw06wu
03-30-2006, 04:28 PM
whoa..some people need to take a chill pill.

-to the op, you're nice and lean, look like you're in good shape, but I couldn't tell any difference in the pics. The arm size could be fluctuating due to pump, water (high/low carb), etc. 5000 a day sounds like a little much, but if you're sure that's what you need then go for it. I'd be worried about putting on extra fat, though.

Gutz981
03-30-2006, 04:45 PM

No man its not enough. You gotta dedicate yourself completly. I mean you really gotta go all out. Stay home when your friends are out and fondle yourself to your favorite bodybuilding videos man. God...whats the matter with you dude?

accuFLEX
03-30-2006, 05:23 PM

You made it out to look like your some dude who eats whatever inorder to get 5K cals a day.

Based on what you have gained (nothing) you need to look at what your doing and change it or you will no gain

KarateBoy
03-30-2006, 06:31 PM
whoa..some people need to take a chill pill.

-to the op, you're nice and lean, look like you're in good shape, but I couldn't tell any difference in the pics. The arm size could be fluctuating due to pump, water (high/low carb), etc. 5000 a day sounds like a little much, but if you're sure that's what you need then go for it. I'd be worried about putting on extra fat, though.

I'm finally see some result when I do a back double bi flex.

I'm gaining for the first time in months!!! So happy!!

It's been spring break so i'm eating and sitting (when I'm not lifting or at work)

My mom pointed out that my shoulders, forearms, bis, legs, and butt grew last week or 2 weeks.

KarateBoy
03-30-2006, 06:34 PM
Only 1 week difference

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/xforce369/Pawel/Picture217.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/xforce369/Pawel/IMG_0774.jpg

I'm pretty sure I see a difference in forearms, bis, tris, and upper back :)

rk77
03-30-2006, 07:06 PM
You made it out to look like your some dude who eats whatever inorder to get 5K cals a day.

Based on what you have gained (nothing) you need to look at what your doing and change it or you will no gain

What????? I never said I eat 5k a day, never. If you look back all i said was whats ur height and weight and when he responded I said I was close to him, maybe 5-7 heavier. After that I was just dealing with your dumb remarks that have no bearing.

accuFLEX
03-30-2006, 08:51 PM
^Sorry...Im got messed up between you and KarateBoy. Thought you where the same people....my bad

KarateBoy
03-30-2006, 09:11 PM
Glad we got your little feud out of the way:hello:

rk77
03-30-2006, 09:19 PM
Sorry for that karateboy, you got a good physique goin. Not huge but def ripped and muscular. Not bad with beach season comin up.

KarateBoy
03-30-2006, 09:28 PM
Sorry for that karateboy, you got a good physique goin. Not huge but def ripped and muscular. Not bad with beach season comin up.

Thanks, I appreciate it :nod:

Guessing you have a similar one?:zipit:

Gabrielle
03-30-2006, 09:52 PM
you are gaining so keep at it bud. Do you play sports or do cardio outside of weight training? What does your workout routine look like?

KarateBoy
03-30-2006, 10:41 PM
you are gaining so keep at it bud. Do you play sports or do cardio outside of weight training? What does your workout routine look like?

No sports, not anymore atleast. I did kickboxing for 5 years but had to quit last summer.

Monday

Chest/Tris

Tuesday

Some Cardio (I'm at school so I HAVE to do it) Back/Bis

Wedneday

Legs

Thursday

Shoulders/ Abs

Friday- Saturday - Sunday Rest

Meat_Head
03-31-2006, 12:16 AM
Not to be a dick, but I don't see any improvement in those pics. 1 week isn't enough time to make a difference, especially if you aren't gaining weight(you aren't). I think you need to buckle down and start shoveling everything that's edible down the chute. Drink at least 1/2 a gallon of milk a day. THEN you'll start seeing some real results.

KarateBoy
03-31-2006, 08:09 AM
Not to be a dick, but I don't see any improvement in those pics. 1 week isn't enough time to make a difference, especially if you aren't gaining weight(you aren't). I think you need to buckle down and start shoveling everything that's edible down the chute. Drink at least 1/2 a gallon of milk a day. THEN you'll start seeing some real results.

Nah you're not a dick, you call it how you see it.

The story behind the last 2 pics is that someone else pointed out the change while I was wondering if I gained muscle since I gained weight.

I know that my forearms grew and you should be able to see that in the pics. I know not the expect changes in such a short period of time but I think there is.

I'm usually drining 6-8 cups a day of milk...not sure what %age of a gallon that is.

Meat_Head
03-31-2006, 01:08 PM
Go for 10-12 cups a day :D

KarateBoy
04-01-2006, 01:08 PM
Go for 10-12 cups a day :D

Lets see where I will be in another month or so now that I'm making a 1000 calorie shake: including 2 cups of milk/shake:p

RBB
04-01-2006, 01:25 PM
karateboy, the pics look the same. you really think you're going to see noticeable improvement in your forearms in just one week? its just not gonna happen. you've got a good lean base to pack mass on to. take the others' advice and really start pounding the cals, 5,000 minimum. your metabolism must be incredibly fast, so that is what its gonna take. stop worrying so much about the arms. focus on your heavy compound lifts and everything else will fall into place.

method115
04-01-2006, 02:43 PM
karateboy, the pics look the same. you really think you're going to see noticeable improvement in your forearms in just one week? its just not gonna happen. you've got a good lean base to pack mass on to. take the others' advice and really start pounding the cals, 5,000 minimum. your metabolism must be incredibly fast, so that is what its gonna take. stop worrying so much about the arms. focus on your heavy compound lifts and everything else will fall into place.

Someones metabolism being incredibly fast is unlikely I was watching some TV program where a doctor said everyone's metabolism is about the same speed.

Meat_Head
04-01-2006, 04:34 PM
Someones metabolism being incredibly fast is unlikely I was watching some TV program where a doctor said everyone's metabolism is about the same speed.

HAHAHAHaahahahaha

:clap:

This forum is so entertaining sometimes

KarateBoy
04-01-2006, 05:24 PM

I've been hittin about 5000-5500 calories a day all week.

Liquid calories are key, I finally learned, but now I'm going threw atleast 1 gallon every 2 days :D

Davidelmo
04-01-2006, 05:30 PM

It's clearly not enough if you're not progressing.

You dont need to sit alone at night drinking protein shakes :scratch:

I have managed to do very well with my goals and fit that in with med school, an active university social life etc etc etc.

You just need more dedication. No point half-assing it. It just takes longer and you end up frustrated.

RBB
04-01-2006, 09:22 PM
i've heard it all now. what the hell are they teaching in med school these days?

Beast
04-01-2006, 09:28 PM
i've heard it all now. what the hell are they teaching in med school these days?
lol, I certainly haven't run into anything like that. It's more like "Why the hell will people claim anything they can just to make a buck?"

KarateBoy
04-01-2006, 10:33 PM
It seems to me the more I eat the more my metabolism speeds up.

Deadlifter
04-01-2006, 10:53 PM
Not to be a dick, but your arms aren't 14.5 inches, unless you're measuring on the shoulder or something. They look more about 12 inches.

rk77
04-02-2006, 11:16 AM
Why is everyone saying I'm not progessing and all this, for the final time, your confusing me with the guy who started this thread, I never said a damn thing about myself.

KarateBoy
04-02-2006, 11:26 AM
Not to be a dick, but your arms aren't 14.5 inches, unless you're measuring on the shoulder or something. They look more about 12 inches.

I meant flexed. ~14.5'' flexed measuring down the middle of my bicep.

The way my arm naturally hangs, unflexed, it is ~12''