PDA

View Full Version : The consistency of FLAB

Budiak
03-07-2001, 02:29 AM
Ok, a long time ago, from whom I dont remember, but I heard that if you are storing fat (ie. not losing fat, maintaining your current fat stores) the fat is more firm and substantial, but if you are using it for energy the fat is squishy and jiggly, like its being broken down.
I tend to believe this because I used to be pretty fat and my fat back then wasnt jiggly like the crap I've got around my waist right now. Is this an indicator of burning fat?

Am I simply on crack?

the doc
03-07-2001, 06:58 AM
well i don't know if what you said was true, but my gut has been shrinking (pants fitting much more loosely) and does feel soft and sqishy as opposed to firm. Maybe its just because our skin hasn't quite shrunk back its former position. Whereas before its was well streched and everything was packed in tight.

Alex.V
03-07-2001, 07:58 AM
Maybe its just because our skin hasn't quite shrunk back its former position

That's probably more of the reason. ;) Fat is fat.

Chris Rodgers
03-07-2001, 08:20 AM
I think you are simply on crack! ;)

Tackleberry
03-07-2001, 08:59 AM
i have the same problem Budiak, and it just seems to be excess skin. just pack it full of muscle and you won't hafta worry about it...at least that is what i am trying to do.

Raildog
03-10-2001, 01:02 AM
OK, if you were on crack, you wouldn't have any fat to worry about:D

Raildog

Budiak
03-10-2001, 02:36 AM
Really?
Saayyyyy.....

degsta
03-11-2001, 06:09 PM
Actually, there are two different types of fat-visceral and subcutaneous. Visceral is the harder type and tends to be in areas where there is a lot of fat storage, ie. gut, hips, and butt. Subcutaneous is just a layer of fat under the skin causing the smooth look. Visceral is actually the most difficult fat to get rid of.