PDA

View Full Version : Starter Pictures

Aqualoo
03-30-2006, 12:10 PM
I work out about 2-3 times a week and for the most part active. I'm not the healthiest eater, but I try. I also take Centrum daily. I started working out about 3 months ago, but only in the last month have I really been working out, this is what I look like now.

getfit
03-30-2006, 12:44 PM
i can see adding some good amount of mass

what's your split like?

accuFLEX
03-30-2006, 12:50 PM
Members REALLY need to have a min. amount of posts before they can add topics in this section....anyway.....

Age? Stats? Reason for posting? All this would help

EmericaBadBoy
03-30-2006, 12:56 PM
You look like you got pretty good build to start out with. Good luck man!

Gabrielle
03-30-2006, 09:54 PM
you look fairly lean and muscular, but what are your goals?

Aqualoo
03-31-2006, 06:20 AM
Members REALLY need to have a min. amount of posts before they can add topics in this section....anyway.....

Age? Stats? Reason for posting? All this would help
I am 17 years old. By stats I assume you mean how much I lift in a set and what work outs I do.. I work amost all on machines so my weights are quite different from free weights. Although I do use 40lb DB to do some benching, those are kinda getting easy though. My reason for posting was to see if I had a chance at achieving.. well, pretty much anything. My dad was not a big guy, so I'm expecting I won't be either unless I do some lifting; so that's what I'm doing.

you look fairly lean and muscular, but what are your goals?

My goals are to put on some bulk and gain strength. My gilfriend has already told me she doesn't want me to be some huge guy with muscles "popping out" everywhere. So my main goal is to add bulk, but I want that bulk to be muscle..... in other words be big but not ripped.

i can see adding some good amount of mass

what's your split like?

For my work out I will usually do 2 sets of everything with a jog in between. Remember, every workout is on a machine, not free-weights, unless specified. If you must know, I workout with an Impex MWM 1800 and a bench.

Curls - 60lb - 12x (sometimes I'll do this more than twice)
Lat Pull - 100lb - 12x
Butterflys - 70lb - 12x
Rows - 70lbs - 12x
DB Bench - 40lb(Each) - 12x

I also do another for my triceps but I do not remember the name, you lay down face down on the bench and streighten your arm with a DB in each hand.. mabye someone knows the name of this. But I do that with 10lb DBs and usually 12 times.

I do not include legs in my workout because I jog, walk, and ride my bike very often.

Here is some info about me:
Weight: 155
Height: 5' 11"

EmericaBadBoy
03-31-2006, 01:10 PM
Were's the squats and dl?

Davidelmo
03-31-2006, 05:18 PM
I am 17 years old. By stats I assume you mean how much I lift in a set and what work outs I do.. I work amost all on machines so my weights are quite different from free weights. Although I do use 40lb DB to do some benching, those are kinda getting easy though. My reason for posting was to see if I had a chance at achieving.. well, pretty much anything. My dad was not a big guy, so I'm expecting I won't be either unless I do some lifting; so that's what I'm doing.

My goals are to put on some bulk and gain strength. My gilfriend has already told me she doesn't want me to be some huge guy with muscles "popping out" everywhere. So my main goal is to add bulk, but I want that bulk to be muscle..... in other words be big but not ripped.

For my work out I will usually do 2 sets of everything with a jog in between. Remember, every workout is on a machine, not free-weights, unless specified. If you must know, I workout with an Impex MWM 1800 and a bench.

Curls - 60lb - 12x (sometimes I'll do this more than twice)
Lat Pull - 100lb - 12x
Butterflys - 70lb - 12x
Rows - 70lbs - 12x
DB Bench - 40lb(Each) - 12x

I also do another for my triceps but I do not remember the name, you lay down face down on the bench and streighten your arm with a DB in each hand.. mabye someone knows the name of this. But I do that with 10lb DBs and usually 12 times.

I do not include legs in my workout because I jog, walk, and ride my bike very often.

I'll cut to the chase... You're talking a load of rubbish.

You want bulk and gain muscle but NOT be ripped? So you want to be big and fat? I presume what you mean is that you want lowish body fat.
You know it takes years to become "hy000ge with veins and muscle popping out everywhere" right? You're not going to do a set of squats and then have your shirt torn open like the incredible hulk.

Ditch the machines. They are crap. Use free weights instead.

Include squats and deadlifts in your workout. Running, jumping, biking and squatting to sit on the toilet etc do NOT constitute leg exercises.

That said, your pics don't look bad and I'm only being harsh because you need the motivation to push yourself and do well. Starts a good routine, read every sticky thread in the diet forum and you'll be off to an excellent start. You have a good frame.

brickt.
04-01-2006, 01:31 AM
To the OP.. YOU ARE NOT FAT AT ALL! You are however, 'skinnyfat,' which means, basically, you have little muscle and aren't ripped. Basically, eat a lot and lift heavy, and if your a beginner, the fat will fall and the muscle will rise.

accuFLEX
04-01-2006, 07:41 AM

Umm....yea....

Unless your going to be doing a few cycles, dont expect to become "too big". By the sounds of it, your gf knows nothing about weightlifting.

@ your weight and height, you need to GROW and BULK

Read this site from start to end.