PDA

View Full Version : high protein/calorie snacks

235orbust
03-30-2006, 06:46 PM
??? any ideas, obviously protein bars and shakes but any good ideas besides that of snakes you dont have to prepare, or can be prepared quickly you can get from the store. by calories i mean good calories, i know there are plenty of high calorie snacks out there.

getfit
03-30-2006, 07:11 PM
tuna, cottage cheese the list goes on, you can snack on nuts eat pb and jelly sandwiches.Make yourself your own weight gainer

whey
milk
oats
olive oil
pb

Davidelmo
03-31-2006, 05:06 AM
Yeah I wouldn't bother with the bars.. unless you can find a load of them dirt cheap, they're a rip off.

You'd be better off with any of those sources which getfit gave you.

Nicoman
03-31-2006, 05:09 AM
Just make your own bars....Hanb has a good recipe for them and it will be dirt cheap compared to the store bought ones + they will be extra yummy and have waaaaay more protein.

http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=63562

There is the link.

~Nico

235orbust
03-31-2006, 11:13 AM
Just make your own bars....Hanb has a good recipe for them and it will be dirt cheap compared to the store bought ones + they will be extra yummy and have waaaaay more protein.

http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=63562

There is the link.

~Nico

I tried those, didnt come out too great, waay to much peanut butter for my liking and were extremely brittle and dry

lifter4life
03-31-2006, 01:16 PM
Rule #32, no whining. Play like a champion.

McIrish
03-31-2006, 01:54 PM
:withstupi

I'm with L4L - alter the recipe to your liking. I find that HahnB's are great, but WAYYYYY too peanut-buttery for my taste.

ArchAngel777
03-31-2006, 02:04 PM
Lots of options here... But Gelatin (Pudding and Gello) are high in protein... Of course, it isn't a complete protein but that doesn't matter much unless that is your only source.

Most of all, gelatin products are very low calorie and have good hydration in them. For instance, two cups of sugar free pudding is only 360 calories and boy does it sure hit the spot. Actually, I only have 1 cup and it fills the bowl completely... So, 160 calories is a desert that I can have each and every day after my meal without having to cut anything out.

Protein Bars... I made them, but they seem to be high calorie for the ammount that they fill you. I'd personally avoid them unless you are bulking or can just say "no" after like, one small 3 X 3 peice. They remind me of cookies/bars so much that I doubt I could have just "one".

Shakes are typically pretty good at least in my case. It doesn't have to be high calorie. You can use 1 cup skim milk, 1 scoup of chocolate whey protein and 1/2 banana for a good 12 ounce shake. Or you can throw in 1/2 cup of ice cream, 1/2 banana, 1 cup of milk and 1 scoup of whey and 2 servings of sugar free hershey' syrup for a really good tasting malt of around 16oz and under 500 calories.

You have to be creative, willing to eat eat sugar free things with artificial sweeteners, but you can create some great tasting low calorie protein filled snacks.