PDA

View Full Version : My Program (Olympic Lifts) - Feedback Needed

cmchan
03-31-2006, 04:52 PM
Here is a program me and some fitness coaches came up with together. These coaches aren't very experienced in Olympic Lifting, so I'm hoping some of you can give some advice.

The primary goal of this program is to develop strength & power for sports activities, and to gain some mass at the same time.

I read from somewhere that 6-8 reps is good for strength and hypertrophy, and 3-5 for strength mostly.
Should I change the rep range? change the number of sets? add some exercises? etc.

My program here:
http://chanmatthewchan.com/misc/workoutProgram.jpg

Thanks

ArchAngel777
03-31-2006, 08:25 PM
Power cleans are... Demanding... Personally, I wouldn't do more than three reps a set. Besides, the lift itself doesn't promote hypertrophy, at least, not as much as you would experience doing Dead Lifts, Squats, etc...

There is more to gaining muscle than the right number of reps, in fact, I would argue most muscle is gained from simply eating more. Of course, one has to breakdown the muscle at some point to grow. But I do not believe you have to do 6+ reps to gain mass. With all that asside, the workout is fine for the most part. But you are going to have the keep the weight down if you are going to attempt 6 - 8 rep Power Clean sets. They are demanding on your CNS. Expect to be fried like an egg the first couple of workouts.

cmchan
04-01-2006, 11:00 AM
Thanks

I'll keep it at 3-5 reps per set.

How many sets should I do? Is 4 enough?

ArchAngel777
04-01-2006, 12:20 PM
Thanks

I'll keep it at 3-5 reps per set.

How many sets should I do? Is 4 enough?

4 sets would be about right for the most part. The key is to quit or lower the weight when your form starts to deteriorate

Optimum08
04-01-2006, 12:50 PM
:withstupi

dblocc707
04-26-2006, 10:06 AM
i would keep the reps lower like 1-3 for brute strength.lift raw.. and focus more on ur squat and speed squats if your focusing on sports chances are ur using ur legs alot..