PDA

View Full Version : Massive eating

arya202
03-31-2006, 05:26 PM
I keep reading around here that you're supposed to eat as much as you can and pack in those calories.

But if you're trying to look lean and have a six pack why would you wanna do that?

Maybe I'm confused and super eating is only for powerlifters. Also what if you're younger (I'm 15)? I don't wanna be a big football player, I just wanna have a nice set of abs, how can I do that if I have to eat 3500 cals a day?

Someone please clarify I'm a :newbie:

getfit
03-31-2006, 05:30 PM
how tall are you? how much do you weigh?

arya202
03-31-2006, 05:33 PM
I'm 6 feet tall 168 pounds and like 18% body fat

Jorge Sanchez
03-31-2006, 05:33 PM
If you want to gain muscle you have to be in a caloric surplus. If you want to lose weight, and all you are concerned about is your abs, you need to be in a caloric deficit.

So it depends on your goals.

Edit: given your stats, if you want to see your abs you have to cut (be in a caloric deficit) to get down to about 10% BF. You need to lose about 13.5lbs of fat. But I think you will look extremely scrawny at 6ft, 150lbs.

arya202
03-31-2006, 05:49 PM
So you're saying I should bulk for a couple months then cut? Would it help if I took pics?

getfit
03-31-2006, 05:51 PM
if you'd like, it would help yes

Jorge Sanchez
03-31-2006, 05:54 PM
I'm honestly not too sure what I would do in your position.

If you're new to lifting I think I would suggest just getting your diet in order (ie: clean diet, with enough fats and protein), eating at maintenance and lifting hard. Since you're fifteen and if you're new to lifting I think you could expect some significant recomposition before you would have to commit to a traditional cut or bulk.

Skinny Fat
03-31-2006, 05:54 PM
The bodybuilder way works for the rest of us, we just do it at a lower level - you bulk (eat in surplus and lift heavy) to add muscle, then cut (eat fewer calories and keep lifting) to lose the fat and see your muscle.

You don't have a substantial amount of muscle on your body, so the best bet for you would be to work out and eat for a while, until your muscles grow to fill in your frame. Then you can lose weight, and you'll look like a million bucks.

Otherwise you'll just look like a Sudanese marathon runner, and really, who wants to look at that?

ETA: forgot for a minute there that you were only 15. At 15, if you're exercising regularly, you're not going to have to worry about eating anything but healthy food at your maintenance level (the level at which you neither gain nor lose weight). Your body's natural hormones will take care of the rest.

arya202
03-31-2006, 06:21 PM
Well I'm about to post pics so hopefully a mod clears them quickly.

I don't want to be like build and measure and do calculations of fat and carbs and stuff. I'm willing to eat salads without and dressings and whey and the sort but I really am not dedicated enough to take percentages and do that much research. Also skinny fat you're saying if I eat when I hungry and don't eat when I'm not and don't eat junk food and simply exercise regularly I would naturally get a nice bod?

Like I said I don't wanna be a football players or a muscle freak I guess the best example is a model's body. http://www.geocities.com/foxykidd2002/brad3.jpg

arya202
03-31-2006, 06:39 PM
http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=77182

alright check it out guys

Holto
03-31-2006, 07:06 PM
Slow/clean bulk to gain 20lbs. Then cut 30lbs. Enjoy.

arya202
03-31-2006, 07:35 PM
Hm so now I need the complete beginners guide to bulking and cutting...

any links?

Jorge Sanchez
04-01-2006, 11:56 AM
Looking at those pictures you are way lower than 18%BF. I say bulk.

cphafner
04-01-2006, 12:35 PM
Well I'm about to post pics so hopefully a mod clears them quickly.

I don't want to be like build and measure and do calculations of fat and carbs and stuff. I'm willing to eat salads without and dressings and whey and the sort but I really am not dedicated enough to take percentages and do that much research. Also skinny fat you're saying if I eat when I hungry and don't eat when I'm not and don't eat junk food and simply exercise regularly I would naturally get a nice bod?

Like I said I don't wanna be a football players or a muscle freak I guess the best example is a model's body. http://www.geocities.com/foxykidd2002/brad3.jpg

If you're not willing to measure your calories (which takes at most 10 minutes) then you will never have consistent gains.

cphafner
04-01-2006, 12:36 PM
Hm so now I need the complete beginners guide to bulking and cutting...

any links?

Read the sticky threads in Diet and Nutrition.

Optimum08
04-01-2006, 01:02 PM
If you're not willing to measure your calories (which takes at most 10 minutes) then you will never have consistent gains.

word^