PDA

View Full Version : Bulking + +

tj_muller
03-31-2006, 06:31 PM
I heard about this method people use to gain a couple lbs really fast. All you do is eat a ton, really high calories even more then on a regular bulk. The majority of calories come from fat and protein. You do this for 3 days straight and train really hard on each day. Supposedly you get a spike in weight gain. The question is would this weight most likely be fat or muscle? Anyone ever done this?

Holto
03-31-2006, 07:02 PM
I was thinking of doing a bulk where I eat basically a maintenance diet with a few extra meals thrown in around workouts. My logic was to come up with something very close to my maintenance calories.

In your case it sounds like a slow bulk with a few targeted meals. It makes sense to me. I'll be doing this around September.

mark27
03-31-2006, 07:06 PM
see the way i do things is like this. Ide rather eat what ever the hell i want for 6 months on a bulk, then do a long and very very strict cut. This way instead of eating good for 12 months, I have 6 months to eat whatever.

Of course this will make your cut longer like mine is but who cares i have to stay sane.