PDA

View Full Version : Need Help!

Magik
04-01-2006, 09:33 PM
Im a sophmore in highschool and i do track and field discus and shot put, but spring training for football is coming up followed by preseason and then season training and Im a 220 pound linemen, although ive never had trouble performing I need to get my stats up so that I can hit harder and I can throw farther but on the side I do kickboxing and I need to maintain a low weight for it so here is my question how do I go up on my weight lifting stats (I want to make 700 pounds total and I am currently at 580) but also stay at 200-220 weight range, and I need to hit the 700 pounds in 2 months at the most should I lift every other day or every day and should I take nutritional supplements and if so which ones? the

following are my stats:
Bench Press: 170 X 1
Squats: 250 x 1
Power Cleans: 160 x 1

Here are my Goals (keep in mind these are minimums but more is better)
Bench Press: 200-205 x 2
Squats: 300 x 2
Power Cleans: 195-200 x 2

Here are my PR's when I was lifting last season
Bench Press: 180 x 1
Squats: 275 x 2
Power Cleans: 160 X 1

Ive never been into weight lifting but now its a necessity and im by no means weak but when im in the weight room im just not up to par with the other linemen if someone could PLEASE take time to help me it would be great thnx

Holto
04-02-2006, 10:14 AM
Your time frame is just not realistic. 2 months is nothing in terms of hard training.

In general I would say cut to 200 and do a slow/clean bulk back to 220.

Magik
04-02-2006, 02:48 PM
Your time frame is just not realistic. 2 months is nothing in terms of hard training.

In general I would say cut to 200 and do a slow/clean bulk back to 220.
nah go BIG or go home and I guess im gonna have to sacrifice something, im gonna put kickboxing on hold and hit weights taking apex vitamins and health bars , but im skipping out on anything like creatine, and im thinking that two months of continous lifting will get me to where i wanna be but im guessing my weight by then will most likely be 250+ ill just have to cut down after season right? cuz cutting down to 200 and THEN trying to bulk is gonna make me a bad linemen