PDA

View Full Version : 8,000 Calories!

UrbanSmooth
04-02-2006, 10:09 PM
Are you ready?

Let's all have some fun and mock-build an 8,000 calorie diet!

If you break it down into 6 "small" meals, it comes to a little over 1300 calories per meal! (1333 to be exact).

So, it may look something like this:

High-calorie whey protein shake (1,000+ calories):
16 oz chocolate milk
whey protein
carnation instant breakfast powder chocolate
1-2 tbsp flaxseeds
1-2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
some oats
1/3 cup dry milk
3 tbsp carnation malted milk powder
1-2 tbsp honey

1/2 cup oatmeal
honey
raisins
olive oil
flaxseeds

REPEAT!

Optimum08
04-02-2006, 10:19 PM
so you have 8,000 cals to "spend" and your going to "spend" it on that? i must say that your mock-building skills are severely lacking, what is that one meal?

Optimum08
04-02-2006, 10:19 PM
plus i don't really understand the point of this thread?

cphafner
04-02-2006, 10:21 PM
8k is nothing

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=32353

UrbanSmooth
04-02-2006, 10:28 PM
8k is nothing

What? Am I supposed to be impressed. I eat like that during my mid-sleep trip to the bathroom!

Optimum08
04-03-2006, 12:01 AM
8k is nothing

cp, Narcissus eats like a god, his diet is unbelievable...over 10k cals on a maintain?...thats insane. i couldn't eat that much if i tried.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
04-03-2006, 02:33 AM
cp, Narcissus eats like a god, his diet is unbelievable...over 10k cals on a maintain?...thats insane. i couldn't eat that much if i tried.He's like 3 men combined into one giant beast.

Clifford Gillmore
04-03-2006, 05:06 AM
8k is very simple.

JoeyCrack
04-03-2006, 06:48 AM
how many pizzas make 8k?

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
04-03-2006, 05:11 PM
8k is very simple.Says you.

Benji
04-03-2006, 05:53 PM
I can eat 4000, 8000 calories, its really not that difficult the more you eat in the day the more hungry you get anyway, so you can get like a nice meal every 1.5hours or so.

Slim Schaedle
04-03-2006, 06:18 PM
Are you ready?

Let's all have some fun and mock-build an 8,000 calorie diet!

If you break it down into 6 "small" meals, it comes to a little over 1300 calories per meal! (1333 to be exact).

16 oz chocolate milk
whey protein
1-2 tbsp flaxseeds
some oats
1/3 cup dry milk
1-2 tbsp honey

1/2 cup oatmeal
honey
raisins
olive oil
flaxseeds

REPEAT!
All of that is supposed to belnd up nicely in only 16oz milk? (and milk with fat in it at that) Sure, there are small amounts other liquids such as the fats, but I'm not sure all that would blend up without forming an extremely thick consistency.

No offense, but like the others said, building an 8,000 calorie diet is not too hard. Sucking it down takes practice.

But, in any case, I will still play the game........ 29tbs olive oil and 25 x 200g chicken breats

roughly 8,000 calories

Stackattack
04-03-2006, 06:26 PM
But, in any case, I will still play the game........ 29tbs olive oil and 25 x 200g chicken breats

roughly 8,000 calories
LOL. Keeping it simple. In other words thats 11 pounds of chicken and almost half a litre of olive oil....sounds like a fun filled diet.

Slim Schaedle
04-03-2006, 06:27 PM
LOL. Keeping it simple. In other words thats 11 pounds of chicken and almost half a litre of olive oil....sounds like a fun filled diet.
Even better blended up, I would imagine.

Optimum08
04-03-2006, 06:53 PM
mmm a chicken and olive oil shake...

Optimum08
04-03-2006, 06:53 PM
/sarcasm

smalls
04-03-2006, 09:02 PM
I can eat 4000, 8000 calories, its really not that difficult the more you eat in the day the more hungry you get anyway, so you can get like a nice meal every 1.5hours or so.

Anyone can eat 8000 cals in one day. Do it for months straight then come back and tell me your hungry.

smalls
04-03-2006, 09:05 PM
2.5 cups skim milk
1 tablespoon olive oil
1.5 cups oats
2 scoops whey
=just over 1000 cals X 8=8000 cals. That's pretty much how I did it.

Benji
04-04-2006, 08:20 AM
Anyone can eat 8000 cals in one day. Do it for months straight then come back and tell me your hungry.

Like i say i can and i have done it before for weeks on end to get to the weight i wanted. Like i say anyone can eat it, it's really not to hard to have so many calories. The only reasons i stopped taking so many calories was because it costs a lot and i reached the weight i wanted for then. For me personally the more i eat the more and more hungry i get to the point where i think 'ok maybe im consuming TO much now' and make myself wait for the next meal ;)

smalls
04-04-2006, 12:44 PM
Like i say i can and i have done it before for weeks on end to get to the weight i wanted. Like i say anyone can eat it, it's really not to hard to have so many calories. The only reasons i stopped taking so many calories was because it costs a lot and i reached the weight i wanted for then. For me personally the more i eat the more and more hungry i get to the point where i think 'ok maybe im consuming TO much now' and make myself wait for the next meal ;)

Awesome. You are one in a million then. And based on your other posts I personally think you are now a liar.

Just curious what happened when you got to your goal weight and stopped eating so many expensive calories?

Slim Schaedle
04-04-2006, 01:28 PM
Awesome. You are one in a million then. And based on your other posts I personally think you are now a liar.

Just curious what happened when you got to your goal weight and stopped eating so many expensive calories?

Not to hammer a nail that has already been hit, but this

Now i know this is proberly a stupid question but im just really curious if you would just take like 6/7 shakes a day and that was it, maybe had a bit of salad and drank some more water - what would it do? Seen as it has the carbs, Protein and bit of fat, doesn't seem 'bad' to me but im guessing it's not gonna do you any good or am i wrong? :D Id like sum feed back on it please..
doesn't seem to come from someone who has bulked on 8,000 calories for weeks on end.

Nor this

ello people. First of, a nice set of forums, i'v read a fair few of them :)

I'v just recently started out training again. I did train for about a year before i stopped because of moving house etc, anyway time went on and i ended 'quitting' 5 Months down, iv settled down and started again.

Now before when i trained i didn't eat properly and wasn't taking enough protein, now im on Pro Mass shake 3 to 4 times a day and started with 4/5 meals a day with 1 steak being one meal a day. So hopefully this is enough to gain, right? :)

I gained about 8kg's in only a year first time round, im guessing this is because i wasn't eating well enough, just crap basically!

I just would like some feedback for best results, im currently going to the gym 3 times a week because each training session i wake up and can't bloody move, i walk round college like iv s**t myself, the pain is immense. I know it will recover like but as i keep drifting away to what i want to say, i'll come back! :)
So im is 3 times a week enough in your opinion's? Monday, Wednesday and Friday doing seperate body parts altho im not sure how to combine them?
People say doing Back with Biceps is good but from my experiance, once iv done my back my arms are in no fit shape to even lift my coat nevermind weights! :) I need a training schedule as such, if needs be i could maybe attend another day a week if it would be better.

I'd appreciate some info guys, thanks in advance.

Ben.
Perhaps I am wrong.

method115
04-04-2006, 01:43 PM
hehe that why lieing on message boards is stupid cause someone will always remember what you said.

smalls
04-04-2006, 03:43 PM
Exactly. Lying is repulsive. Lying on the internet is just ******ed. But hey maybe were wrong. I've been wrong before and Slims time is coming i'm sure, lol.

Alex.V
04-04-2006, 03:44 PM

16 oz chocolate milk
whey protein
1-2 tbsp flaxseeds
some oats
1/3 cup dry milk
1-2 tbsp honey

1/2 cup oatmeal
honey
raisins
olive oil
flaxseeds

This is how you DON'T get to 8K calories. When matt (narc) was bulking, it was NOT clean.

Ask him how many calories he takes in now, and how he cycles his diet, and you will get some idea of what it takes to get big yet stay lean.

Benji
04-04-2006, 04:23 PM
It was a question about just having protein shakes the first quote you did, what relevance does that have to consuming 8000calories? I was just asking if it was ok to do it, nothing more. I was never a big supplement taker, only in recent months iv taken protein shakes and gained lots.

Like i say i have taken 8000Calories a day for weeks on end when i used to eat to just gain before i even started training ( i was really underweight. 57kg back then got upto 75kg),

I started training and didn't eat as much infact as i say, just crap and worked out. I got a bit tubby and thought i was ok at 75kg, just wanted to burn fat now and gain muscle so gained 8kg in a year (muscle i must add) Bring my total to 80kg roughly, now im 86kg (put on 8kg in 2months) Massive differance to what im eating now and was before.

So next time you try quoting me and calling me a liar, at least try posting some relevent facts lad. So yes to answer you, you are wrong. :)

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
04-04-2006, 04:31 PM
I eat 10,000 calories for breakfast alone. I'm also dead.

UrbanSmooth
04-04-2006, 06:10 PM
This is how you DON'T get to 8K calories. When matt (narc) was bulking, it was NOT clean.

Ask him how many calories he takes in now, and how he cycles his diet, and you will get some idea of what it takes to get big yet stay lean.

So, narc, how many?

Slim Schaedle
04-04-2006, 08:10 PM
It was a question about just having protein shakes the first quote you did, what relevance does that have to consuming 8000calories? I was just asking if it was ok to do it, nothing more. I was never a big supplement taker, only in recent months iv taken protein shakes and gained lots.

Like i say i have taken 8000Calories a day for weeks on end when i used to eat to just gain before i even started training ( i was really underweight. 57kg back then got upto 75kg),

I started training and didn't eat as much infact as i say, just crap and worked out. I got a bit tubby and thought i was ok at 75kg, just wanted to burn fat now and gain muscle so gained 8kg in a year (muscle i must add) Bring my total to 80kg roughly, now im 86kg (put on 8kg in 2months) Massive differance to what im eating now and was before.

So next time you try quoting me and calling me a liar, at least try posting some relevent facts lad. So yes to answer you, you are wrong. :)
Never called you a liar.

Small, evidently you can predict the future several hours before it happens. Any chance of expanding that foreshadowing window?

f=ma
04-04-2006, 08:17 PM
belial.. so out of curiosity.. what is wrong with high cal shakes? i'm kind of confused by what youre saying.

that shake recipe didnt look amazing but it didnt look dirty either..

brickt.
04-04-2006, 08:20 PM
I think what B was saying was that if you want to get to 8000+ and not feel like you're about die, just eat dirty.

Also, Benji, you gained 8kg (17.5lb) in 2 months? How much fat did you gain?

f=ma
04-04-2006, 08:45 PM
oh ok, that definitely makes sense

Optimum08
04-04-2006, 11:41 PM
So, narc, how many?

Belial is NOT narc, and i don't believe narc has been on in a while, and narc was never in this thread so i have no idea why you would direct a question directly at him?

Beast
04-05-2006, 12:14 AM
The point is if you eat like that, you will get fat.

smalls
04-05-2006, 01:16 AM
Never called you a liar.

Small, evidently you can predict the future several hours before it happens. Any chance of expanding that foreshadowing window?

Well I called him a liar and based on the intelligence of every one of his posts I dont think he could even calculate 8000 cals, let alone eat it. But it really doesnt matter.

So i'm not sure if you were wrong, apparently I can't tell the future. But I swear your day is coming and your going to make some argumentative newb even more close minded and arrogant by admitting your wrong, so never admit it, even if it eventually happens.

Praetorian
04-05-2006, 04:36 AM
I don't see the problem with eating 8000cals a day. Our MRE daily rations in the army were about 16-18kcals, just the breakfast one was ~8k.

Benji
04-05-2006, 05:41 AM
Never called you a liar.

You was implying i was. I have started to notice how you and small have a habit of quoting me all the time, then making yourselfs look silly in the end.

Slim Schaedle
04-05-2006, 06:20 AM
You was implying i was. I have started to notice how you and small have a habit of quoting me all the time, then making yourselfs look silly in the end.
I simply pointed out a personal observation.

I don't pick and choose who I quote, so I wasn't aware of that until you pointed it out.

This is the internet so I don't look silly.

Clifford Gillmore
04-05-2006, 06:40 AM
Says you.

5 Risk Shakes, 8 meals of 500-700cals. I got up to 200lbs quite easily with nominal fat gain.

Stackattack
04-05-2006, 08:42 AM
I don't see the problem with eating 8000cals a day. Our MRE daily rations in the army were about 16-18kcals, just the breakfast one was ~8k.
Really? that sounds like a lot. Even in the army, i doubt anyone, no matter how fast their metabolism, would require 16000 calories per day. Are you sure the number was in calories, not kilojoules? Kilojoules would make more sense.

UrbanSmooth
04-05-2006, 10:30 PM
We're talking calories here. I hope you know what you're getting into.

IF you want to get as big as Ronnie Coleman, you'd better eat more than him. I'm bumping my intake up to 12,000 calories a day. I think I'll buy 7 bottles of extra virgin olive oil when I go to the store on Sunday. (ONE EACH DAY!) Thank you! :birthday:

dw06wu
04-05-2006, 11:03 PM
I'm more concerned with the lack of elementary grammar/spelling skills than lies, to be honest.

brickt.
04-06-2006, 12:12 AM
We're talking calories here. I hope you know what you're getting into.

IF you want to get as big as Ronnie Coleman, you'd better eat more than him. I'm bumping my intake up to 12,000 calories a day. I think I'll buy 7 bottles of extra virgin olive oil when I go to the store on Sunday. (ONE EACH DAY!) Thank you! :birthday:

I really hope you're not serious... cuz if you are.. you are just going to get really, really, fat, quickly.

UrbanSmooth
04-08-2006, 05:10 PM
I'll be working out regularly and getting the proper amount of protein and carbs, as well. MOVE ASIDE!

..this tank is about to roll!

Davidelmo
04-08-2006, 05:21 PM
The bullsh*t factor is present in high concentrations in this thread, lol.

As for 8000kcal I would do:
3L milk a day = 1800kcal
200g oats = 600kcal
500g peanuts = ~3000kcal
Normal meals x 3 = ~2500kcal
Total = 7900kcal

Realistically though I dont think I could ever do this.

brickt.
04-08-2006, 05:52 PM
I'll be working out regularly and getting the proper amount of protein and carbs, as well. MOVE ASIDE!

..this tank is about to roll!

And once again, I state:

I really hope you're not serious... cuz if you are.. you are just going to get really, really, fat, quickly.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
04-08-2006, 05:57 PM
IF you want to get as big as Ronnie Coleman, you'd better eat more than him.You're kidding.....right?

Alex.V
04-08-2006, 06:13 PM
500g peanuts = ~3000kcal

Realistically though I dont think I could ever do this.

Good god no, you'd be crapping out pure oil. Do not ever do this. lol.

And brickt got it... if you're eating 8000 calories a day, you certainly don't need whey protein. You'll be getting more than enough unless you're living on pure flour. You also don't need to be throwing in oats. Needless bulk, and your carb intake will be so constant that you don't need to worry about insulin spikes and troughs.

Chances are, you'll be eating a good amount of fats and oil, and provided water intake is enough, extra fiber won't be necessary... better off getting it from metamucil regardless.

Very, very few people need to even touch 8000 calories a day.

A good domino's medium deep dish pizza with extra cheese, pepperoni, and sausage will get you halfway there. Or to get halfway there you could eat seven pounds of boneless skinless chicken breasts.

Davidelmo
04-08-2006, 06:32 PM
Good god no, you'd be crapping out pure oil. Do not ever do this. lol.

And brickt got it... if you're eating 8000 calories a day, you certainly don't need whey protein. You'll be getting more than enough unless you're living on pure flour. You also don't need to be throwing in oats. Needless bulk, and your carb intake will be so constant that you don't need to worry about insulin spikes and troughs.

Chances are, you'll be eating a good amount of fats and oil, and provided water intake is enough, extra fiber won't be necessary... better off getting it from metamucil regardless.

A good domino's medium deep dish pizza with extra cheese, pepperoni, and sausage will get you halfway there. Or to get halfway there you could eat seven pounds of boneless skinless chicken breasts.

mm, slimey...

heh, yeah the peanuts were just because they're so easy to get calories. I could snack on them all day long. If im gonna manage 8000kcal it would have to be from fat... less volume to eat that way.

I eat 100-200g of peanuts a day and everything seems fine. I wont go into detail but my bowels (and their movements ;) ) seem just fine.

Yeah the oats are what I put in my shakes.

Like I said, I'd never manage that diet anyway :p

brickt.
04-08-2006, 06:35 PM

True that. Unless you're a 220+ hardgaining bricklayer on a cycle, I think 8000+ could be a tad excessive.

Holto
04-08-2006, 06:49 PM

From what I understand *nobody* eats the whole MRE. It's like a one size fits all and you pick and choose what you want.

I remember early on during the liberation of Iraq word got out there was like a whole batallion living off 1 MRE/day. They asked that really nice general they have on CNN what the impact of that was. He said they likely would not be hungry because it just meant they would eat all the pieces in the meal instead of just what they liked.

Then you have to think of the caloric expenditure of being in battle for very long periods of time. Even just marching 8hrs with all that gear and whatnot. Damn. Not easy. My hats is off to all these troops.

Clifford Gillmore
04-09-2006, 01:08 AM
True that. Unless you're a 220+ hardgaining bricklayer on a cycle, I think 8000+ could be a tad excessive.

I only did because my level of physical activity :D