PDA

View Full Version : 19 at 135 pounds, advise please.

Stepinfetch
04-02-2006, 10:09 PM
:bang:

WildCard
04-02-2006, 10:11 PM
bulking is a slow process unless you want to get fat.

I say eat, SLEEP, and lift: HEAVY
also, squat and deadlift.

Tofer
04-02-2006, 10:19 PM
If you're a hard-gainer who can't gain weight, I've got some good news for you. There is a magical solution, and it's simple.

Wait for it...

Wait for it...

EAT MORE. A lot more. I used to think I was a "hard-gainer" but now I'm almost completely convinced that being a "hard-gainer" is a myth. Any one can gain weight if they're eating enough. You may think you're eating a lot right now, but sorry, you're not. Keep track of your calorie intake each day (http://www.fitday.com <=your new best friend), and add 500 each week. Keep adding 500 more each week until you start gaining weight. I guarantee that it'll work.

Clifford Gillmore
04-03-2006, 06:57 AM
Hard gainers exist, I'm one. Eating more will help, post up your diet in the diet and nutrition section and go from there.

Bob
04-03-2006, 07:20 AM
Hard-Gainers exist... if they expand more calories then consume calories.. period.

If you can't gain weight, eat more - move less... an additional cup of ice cream per day, plus 30 more minutes of PlayStation..
If you can't lose weight, eat less - move more... 2 less cookies/candy bars per day, and add 30 minutes of walking around the block..

to the OP.. you have a good base... keep lifting hard & heavy.. eat even more.. rest more. Good luck...

Stepinfetch
04-03-2006, 08:23 AM
Yes, I figured that was the response I would get heh. I will try and eat more ice cream. I am thinking about buying some Cytogainer, I had some and it seems to have the right stuff I need for a suplement to eating.

RBB
04-03-2006, 10:19 AM
what they said. if you're not gaining weight you need to eat more, plain and simple. i've always had a harder time than others gaining weight. my last bulk i was eating around 7,000 cals/day to gain. it sucks, but it can be done. don't worry so much about your bench and start squatting and deadlifting if you're not. that'll pack more mass on you than anything else.

Skinny Fat
04-03-2006, 12:41 PM
It's the same answer to everybody - lift using the exercises that will use the most muscles to move the most weight, and eat the proper calories and macronutrients to reach your goals.

If you're not using the powerlifting movements, you should be.

If you're not gaining weight and you want to, eat more/better/more often.

Hardgainers do exist, the same as hardlosers (me) exist. But it's no excuse. If you don't have any sympathy for the fat guy who says he 'can't lose the weight,' nobody should have any sympathy for the skinny guys who say they 'can't gain any weight.'

Your new best friends: milk, peanut butter, and carbohydrates.

Davidelmo
04-03-2006, 04:26 PM
Not too bad for 135lbs actually.

Your upper body has some muscle - shoulders and arms good- but I'd guess that your legs will be quite small.

Start eating MORE, deadlift, squat etc and you'll do great!

I used to be less that 130 and I'm now sooo close to 170. It's taken around 8 months.

drew
04-03-2006, 04:41 PM
Eat, squat, eat, rest, eat, eat, repeat.

That kitty poster is pretty badass.

WORLD
04-03-2006, 09:13 PM
Eating isnt as easy for a beginner as everyones saying. If you absolutely think you are eating to your max, and can't put down anymore food, then try out a weight gainer shake. Hell, 600 cals in a serving, you cant go wrong. Consider Prolab N-Large. Drink 2 of those a day, plus the same amount of food you are eating, and you will notice a difference..
You will also notice you are taking more craps everyday lol but hell its worth the extra cals.

Gabrielle
04-03-2006, 10:59 PM
looking great for 135, bud. Like everyone else has mentioned bench squat and deadlift. Those are the basics, and make sure you are trashing the isolation exercises

Stepinfetch
04-04-2006, 09:02 PM
Thanks, I picked up a huge thing of cyto gainer today for 28 dollars at GNC, I think it will defintly help out. My legs are actually very strong as I carry a lot where I work and am very busy/active. One thing though, it suggests 3 shakes a day and each contains about 3 grams of creatine. Is 9 grams of creatine safe for my size? I drink a lot of water of course but I sweat a lot of it out at work (restaurant).

drew
04-04-2006, 09:56 PM
9g of creatine is fine.

Skinny Fat
04-05-2006, 10:11 AM
My legs are actually very strong as I carry a lot where I work and am very busy/active.

:bang: Please, please don't tell me this is your way of saying, 'I don't need to squat or deadlift.'

ederon
04-05-2006, 10:58 AM
have 7 meals a day eat every 2-3hours

Stepinfetch
04-05-2006, 11:19 PM
:bang: Please, please don't tell me this is your way of saying, 'I don't need to squat or deadlift.'
:bang: