PDA

View Full Version : My fitday

Jordanbcool
04-03-2006, 08:37 AM
Hey guys, im cutting right now and i just jumped on the scale this morning. Last week i lost 1 pound. This week however i lost 3 pounds. Does anyone know why that is? My calories were exactly the same as last week except i did one extra day of HIIT. To compensate though i ate just as many calories as i would a weight lifting day. Is it water weight or should i change something. I dont know what the problem is though because this 3 pounds jump was a huge surprise to me. Im not starving myself at all. I eat 2700 calories a day and my maintanence cals. are 3300. However that 3300 pounds was back when i weighed 190. Now i weigh 186. So i went from 190-189-186. What gives? I have plenty of time to do a slow cut so should i just up my cals? Thanks again in advance.

-jordan

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=jordanbcool

Jorge Sanchez
04-03-2006, 09:13 AM
My weight fluctuates that much from day to day. Don`t worry about it.

Jordanbcool
04-03-2006, 10:05 AM
My weight fluctuates that much from day to day. Don`t worry about it.

Are you sure jorge? Thats a large jump in one week. Yes my weight jumps all over the place day to day but thats all water weight. One week should yeild consistant results for fat loss/gain/muscle loss/gain. I'm really worried that i lost some muscle this past week. If thats true i cant do anything about it, but instead i need to fix my current diet ASAP. If this keeps up i'll reach my target weight in 2 weeks!

-jordan

Jorge Sanchez
04-03-2006, 10:14 AM
It is a large 'drop', but I don`t understand why you think weighing yourself once a week will limit all fluctuation. The same fluctuation caused by water weight from day to day will still be present even if you only weigh yourself once a week.

If you`re really that concerned just bump up your calories a bit and see how it goes.

Jordanbcool
04-03-2006, 10:17 AM
It is a large 'drop', but I don`t understand why you think weighing yourself once a week will limit all fluctuation. The same fluctuation caused by water weight from day to day will still be present even if you only weigh yourself once a week.

If you`re really that concerned just bump up your calories a bit and see how it goes.

ok

accuFLEX
04-03-2006, 10:36 AM
You seem to eat a load of carbs....

ddegroff
04-03-2006, 11:06 AM
^^he's cutting @ 2700 @ 186. they'res plenty of room for extra carbs (unlike me).

Jordan, take a deep breath for me and relax. It was one week, your metabolism is probably still pretty high from your bulk so this could be a factor. Also is this the extact same time you weighed yourself last week (meals eatin, same amount of water drank, etc. etc)? I would say keep everything the same this week as far as cals go but don't do any HIIT. I didn't start HIIT till I hit a plateau.

Jordanbcool
04-03-2006, 01:29 PM
^^he's cutting @ 2700 @ 186. they'res plenty of room for extra carbs (unlike me).

Jordan, take a deep breath for me and relax. It was one week, your metabolism is probably still pretty high from your bulk so this could be a factor. Also is this the extact same time you weighed yourself last week (meals eatin, same amount of water drank, etc. etc)? I would say keep everything the same this week as far as cals go but don't do any HIIT. I didn't start HIIT till I hit a plateau.

Yes, im a HUGE advocate of carbs. I think i've made that clear in many discussions with built lol. She likes to carbs cycle, I on the other hand hate it. Carbs go down easy for me. Anyways as long as protein is relativly high I flip flop between the fat and carbs macro wise.

I'd say from last week i pretty much did the same things. Maybe i didnt drink as much water as this week, i dunno. I drink when im thirsty, and eat when im hungry. I think a large factor of it though might be the caffiene. Does it speed up your metabolism that much? Other then that though my workouts and eating have been pretty consistant with last weeks. I have been getting more protein this week but other then that....the same. Thats why i was so surprised at it.

-jordan

ddegroff
04-03-2006, 03:27 PM
I would say see what you weigh next week and go from there. I'm not sure about the caffeine part, tho.

Davidelmo
04-03-2006, 03:31 PM
Did you weigh yourself in the morning, empty stomach, after taking a pee and a dump?

That's probably the best strategy for super consistent results.

Optimum08
04-03-2006, 04:13 PM
From the greatness that is Built: "Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things."

Basically don't worry about it, it is inevitably that your gonna lost some minimal amounts of muscle mass on a cut, but not enough to freak out about.

mark27
04-03-2006, 06:22 PM
your cutting? If so i hope this is your transition weeks from bulk to cut where you slowly cut out the bad foods as the weeks go by, beacuse i mean cheescake, rebull, frosted mini wheats and breaded chicken aint exactlly good cutting foods. Heres what i ate today so far and i still have 800 cals to go and i consider mine a lil sloppy cuz of the white rice.

oatmeal serving 140 3 26 5

flaxseed serving 180 14 10 6

extra virgin olive oil literfl ozcuppintquartgallontablespoonteaspoon 120 14 0 0

Milk, cow's, fluid, skim or nonfat, 0.5% or less butterfat cupfl ozGuideline amount per fl oz of beverageGuideline amount per cup of hot cerealGuideline amount per cup of cold cerealQuantity not specified 86 0 12 8

on whey protein literfl ozcuppintquartgallontablespoonteaspoon 220 2 4 46

natty pb serving 210 16 6 8

thomas mini bagel 100% whole wheat serving 120 1 25 6

Chili con carne with beans cupQuantity not specified 321 14 27 22

1 egg 2 serving 140 9 2 12

Cheese, processed, American or Cheddar type cup, NFScup, dicedcup, meltedcup, shreddedcubic inchkissslice, NFS (.75 oz)slice (1 oz)Quantity not specified 95 7 2 6

blue diamond almonds-whole natty(28 nuts) serving 160 14 6 6

Rice, white, cooked, regular, NS as to fat added in cooking cup, cookedcup, dry, yieldsoz, dry, yieldsQuantity not specified 203 0 44 4

Totals 1995 95 164 130

im cutting at 2300 cals on rest days and 2800 on lift days. That extra 500 is just my pwo shake but i like to keep track. my maintenence is 3500.

Built
04-03-2006, 06:55 PM
Chuckles at sweaty things ...

Jordan, because you're such a fan of carbs, you must be aware of how much more water you'll hold when you eat them.

I know you ALWAYS do, but with lower calories, the first thing that comes to mind is glycogen depletion.

Just a thought. It's all otherwise been said. Relax. You're just at the beginning of your cut - sometimes the body freaks out a bit in either direction when you suddenly change things.

Jordanbcool
04-03-2006, 07:55 PM
your cutting? If so i hope this is your transition weeks from bulk to cut where you slowly cut out the bad foods as the weeks go by, beacuse i mean cheescake, rebull, frosted mini wheats and breaded chicken aint exactlly good cutting foods. Heres what i ate today so far and i still have 800 cals to go and i consider mine a lil sloppy cuz of the white rice.

oatmeal serving 140 3 26 5

flaxseed serving 180 14 10 6

extra virgin olive oil literfl ozcuppintquartgallontablespoonteaspoon 120 14 0 0

Milk, cow's, fluid, skim or nonfat, 0.5% or less butterfat cupfl ozGuideline amount per fl oz of beverageGuideline amount per cup of hot cerealGuideline amount per cup of cold cerealQuantity not specified 86 0 12 8

on whey protein literfl ozcuppintquartgallontablespoonteaspoon 220 2 4 46

natty pb serving 210 16 6 8

thomas mini bagel 100% whole wheat serving 120 1 25 6

Chili con carne with beans cupQuantity not specified 321 14 27 22

1 egg 2 serving 140 9 2 12

Cheese, processed, American or Cheddar type cup, NFScup, dicedcup, meltedcup, shreddedcubic inchkissslice, NFS (.75 oz)slice (1 oz)Quantity not specified 95 7 2 6

blue diamond almonds-whole natty(28 nuts) serving 160 14 6 6

Rice, white, cooked, regular, NS as to fat added in cooking cup, cookedcup, dry, yieldsoz, dry, yieldsQuantity not specified 203 0 44 4

Totals 1995 95 164 130

im cutting at 2300 cals on rest days and 2800 on lift days. That extra 500 is just my pwo shake but i like to keep track. my maintenence is 3500.

I normally eat good, but since my maintanence cals. are so damned high its very hard for me to fill out my macros/calories from day to day. I find myself eating bad foods just to hit my cals. that day. One night me and built were having a huge discussion on what i should eat before going to bed. Since i was 450 cals. down and my fat was pretty low that day i opted for a small slice of cheesecake to fill out those gaps. I eat frosted mini wheats all the time. On bulks and cuts. I like them. They are a comfort food. As for the fried chicken, that was at work. I couldnt help myself. Summers coming up at my restraunt and we are getting alot busier. I dont have time to run out to my car and get anything because we are a short order type restraunt. Ticket comes up, and bam you have to cook it right then and there. The fried chicken and the half a crabcake were extras. I was starving. So i picked it up and ate it. I dont really worry most of the time about what types of food i eat. If my calories are right. My protein is about 250. I usually let all the fats and carbs go wherever. Cuts and diets are loaded words. I know i should be eating clean foods and it is for the best. But, if i need to make those cals. and theres that cheesecake in the fridge. Its going to be in my stomach in no time.

-jordan

P.S. All that aside. I've noticed that some of my fitdays havent met my protein reqs. Im quitting one of my jobs so i should have more time to prepare meals and what not. I'm going to limit some of the bad food choices i've been making, and opt for much better bodybuilder "type" foods.

P.P.S. Wouldnt it make more sense for me to have dropped that 3 pounds the first week instead of the second?? It seems really odd that i dropped it the second week that fast.

mark27
04-03-2006, 11:34 PM
jordan if you have a girlfriend or you can cook make a pot of chili for the week(very cheap to make). also grab some advocados(the black ones are better for you but greens ones pack more cals).

If I need some cals I eat a 1 cup of homemade chili (330 or so cals) and a green advocado(460 or so cals). bam 800 cals right there.

chili...natty pb..advocados.....oatmeal w/ oliveoil and flaxseed are my 4 power foods on a cut since they offer me over 300 cals each.

Jordanbcool
04-04-2006, 05:31 AM
jordan if you have a girlfriend or you can cook make a pot of chili for the week(very cheap to make). also grab some advocados(the black ones are better for you but greens ones pack more cals).

If I need some cals I eat a 1 cup of homemade chili (330 or so cals) and a green advocado(460 or so cals). bam 800 cals right there.

chili...natty pb..advocados.....oatmeal w/ oliveoil and flaxseed are my 4 power foods on a cut since they offer me over 300 cals each.

Will do. Thanks for the suggestion.

Although im not letting my mini wheats go! Im about to have a bowl now lol.

-jordan

Davidelmo
04-04-2006, 10:25 AM
I normally eat good, but since my maintanence cals. are so damned high its very hard for me to fill out my macros/calories from day to day.

It's not *that* hard to hit 3300kcal with food :moon:

Check out narcissus' journal to see how to hit 10000 with food! :D