PDA

View Full Version : i need help with my diet ( im new )

Thomas
04-03-2006, 11:00 AM
I need some advice on bulking, but here a little about me first...

Im aiming to bulk up, but i dont want to get fat doing it. Im having trouble understanding fitday.com, however il try and get used to it. Ive only been training for 1 month so im pretty new to this, although my friend has taught me alot of execerises and helped me work out a routine.

I have an annoying problem of my left side of my body being alot weaker then my right, so im trying to use dumbells and avoid barbells to help even it out. My right pec and arm is almost twice the size as left lol.

Im going to have to use stones and kilos here because i never work in pounds (im from uk)

me:
Im 21
6ft2"
13 stone
I dont know my body fat percentage, but i dont think its very high. I find it hard to put on weight due to my strenuous job and a high metablosism.

my max 1 rep lifts at the moment:
70kg 1 rep on barbell is my max i can lift with a spotter
26kg dumbell bech press
45kg barbell shoulder press
40kg on preacher curl
4 sets of 100 crunches with 10 kg plate (more sets if i have time)

My routine: ( please note i lower the weight from my max so i can get at least 8 reps each set)

Mon 5.00pm: Abs - 6 sets of 100 crunches
Tues 5.00pm: Chest, shoulders, Biceps ( 2 hour workout )
Weds: DAY OFF
Thurs 5.00pm: Abs, back ( 2 hour workout )
Fri: DAY OFF
Sat 1pm: Biceps, triceps, chest and shoulders ( 3 hour workout)

Diet:

breakfast, 6.30 am: 3 weetabix and a cup of tea
Brunch 10am : 1 ham sandwich and packet of crisps + bottle of water
Lunch 1pm: 1 ham sandwich and packet of crisps and hot cross bun plus tea
Teatime 6pm: Meat + 3 veg ( normally brocolli, carrots and spinich)
Evening 8-10pm: maybe another sandwich

Please bear in mind that i have to bring a packed lunch to work.

Supplents : 6 LA muscle norateen heavyweight 2 tabs per day (testostermome booster and growth booster, anabolic)

i also have a 2.2kg tub of LA muscle whey protein which i have yet added to my diet

I think this is all the info you should need, basically id just like some advice on what to do, what to eat and how hard to train in order to bulk.

thank you very much in advance.

Thomas

ddegroff
04-03-2006, 11:09 AM
fitday gets eaiser as you add more food etc. Did you put all that food in fitday? if so make your journal public and post the link here (its eaiser to evaluate). Figure out your maint cals and add 500 extra cals, if you don't gain weight add more cals.

Thomas
04-03-2006, 11:12 AM
will fitday tell me how much protein i need?

Unreal
04-03-2006, 11:15 AM
1g per pound of lean body mass for protein. For bulking maybe more. 1.5-2g wouldn't hurt. Your routine kinda sucks. I suggest looking at WBB1, BGB and some of the good routines on here. Read the stickies on all the forums. The "what a body builder eats" is a good place to start. Your training and diet need some serious help.

ddegroff
04-03-2006, 11:16 AM
no it won't, since I use lbs you need about 182g of protein atleast. Thats ~82g/kg. THOSE are on the low end of what most recommend around here. Fitday just tells you what you've eatin in one day.

Thomas
04-03-2006, 11:28 AM
so 9 hours of hard training isnt enough per week unreal? And to be honest WBB1 and BGB means absolutley nothing to me.

ddegroff
04-03-2006, 11:37 AM
Wanna Be Big routines, Baby Got Back
9ours over how many workouts?

Built
04-03-2006, 12:20 PM
Too much (unweighted) ab work; workouts are too long!
An hour 3-5 days a week is sufficient.

Thomas
04-03-2006, 12:56 PM
i do crunches with a 10 kg plate most the time. Im releaved to hear that im doing too much time in the gymas its tiring me. I want abs like urs, built. help me lol

Skinny Fat
04-03-2006, 01:35 PM
Look at Built's post, and see the link in her sig that says 'Baby Got Back'. That's the routine that everybody's advocating. Click on the link and read. You need to do something that looks somewhat like that - at least a lot more like that than what you're doing now.

If you spend over 1.5 hours in the gym, you better know what you're doing.

Thomas
04-03-2006, 01:53 PM
ddegroff why do u have a quote from me in ur sig that ive never said before?

Unreal
04-03-2006, 01:53 PM
You want chick abs with a naval ring? I much rather have abs like Anthony.

Like I said, just start reading everything here. Get your diet and routine in check, because right now its poor.

MJS
04-03-2006, 02:03 PM
ddegroff why do u have a quote from me in ur sig that ive never said before?

Thomas, I believe he's quoting Thomas Jefferson. You're British though, so you are forgiven.

ddegroff
04-03-2006, 03:29 PM
thank you ironman

Built
04-03-2006, 03:35 PM
You want chick abs with a naval ring?

You can only DREAM of having chick abs with a navel ring. :windup: ;)

Thomas
04-03-2006, 03:43 PM
sorry i assumed you was a guy, i just looked at your pic and your really pretty though and looking great! Not that you need me to tell you that :P

Built
04-03-2006, 08:53 PM
Thanks Thomas. ;)

:kiss: