PDA

View Full Version : QUICK Fitday question, about calories burned

Ironminded
04-03-2006, 03:06 PM
Just a quickie;

So I entered all my info on Fitday, and am going to try to start using it to track my eating habits. When I entered my weight and height it said that I am burning ~4000 cals a day, without workouts. I am 223 at 5'11" at ~17% bf, and listed a semi-active job enviroment [I work lifting, loading, and tinting 5 gal buckets of paint].

The question is how accurate is that calorie estimate? It seems inordinatily high as when I list what I eat on a normal day I come in around 3000-3500 cals a day. This should equate to losing about a pound a week or so, however my weight is holding steady at the moment.

I am going to be using Fitday to track a cut I am trying, and will continue to do so even if the resting calories burned is not to accurate. Howeve this makes me worry about the accuracy of the whole site. How do you guys find Fitday to be in terms of accuracy?

ddegroff
04-03-2006, 03:32 PM
from your post I would say your eating at maintence. Fitday uses an equation, your body is too complex for an equation. I would eat less than 3000 for a few weeks and see how much weight you lose.

Davidelmo
04-03-2006, 03:41 PM
^^ Yup.

Everyone is different. You might find that those calories aren't low enough to make you lose weight. There are huge guys who eat 3000 and a day and skinny guys who need 6000 a day... fitday can ive an estimate but it's not correct for anyone.