PDA

View Full Version : How long should I wait?

cubaville
04-04-2006, 05:00 AM
Hola everyone. I workout in the morning. How long should I give myself from the time I eat breakfast (bowl of oatmeal with a scoop of protein powder) to when I go to the gym? Many thanks.

Peace, Love, and Recycle -
Alex

MJS
04-04-2006, 05:03 AM
Depends on your stomach. Can it handle food well in the morning? There is no time requirement - and I am guessing it takes you about 30 min to get to the gym after you eat anyways which is ample time. Do what feels good for you but make sure that you eat a beast meal after the workout with some healty carbs to give you energy for the day.

ddegroff
04-04-2006, 10:30 AM
i would suggest a shake w/ whey/CHO/creatine. Then postw/o do whole food. Whey in oats would be good too, depending on how much time you have. I can't tell you how much time you need only your body will be able to tell you that.

Eszekial
04-04-2006, 02:37 PM
Depending on if you eat slow or fast digesting food / protein and how comfortable you are on working out with a full stomach. There's really no perfect answer for you question... Maybe my answer was perfect? :D

ArchAngel777
04-04-2006, 02:42 PM
Depends on how much your breakfast fills you. Typically, I use a 1 hour rule. But then again, I am mostly eating a snack... To fully digest a meal can take anywhere from 1 to 3 hours, typically 2 though from what I have read. I guess, if I had to give advice is to try it at different times and stick with what works better. I'd keep the first breakfast small (250 cals or so) wait an hour, hit it hard and then eat another smaller breakfast after that... You know, Second Breakfast, like that in Lord of the Rings hobbit type way...