PDA

View Full Version : Blender vs. Grinder vs. Food processor

Ironminded
04-04-2006, 05:21 PM
Howdy, so I am going to start adding a ton of oats to my diet as a sub for noddles and other carbs that I have been consuming. As such I need to figure out the best method for grinding up standard rolled oats into something resembling a powder form which will mix better with shakes and what-not.

I was curious as to personal experiences of others, which type of kitchen gadget is best for this purpose? Blenders? Grinders? A Food Processor? Also, which one do you personally find more useful in your kitchen; like a grinder works best, but isn't all the usefull for other stuff while a food processor works almost as well, and is a ton more useful. Anyone have some suggestinons?

Thanks a ton for the input.

getfit
04-04-2006, 05:24 PM
i have a blender and it works well for what i need it for.I've gotten a few other gadgets as gifts as well, but never used them :p

Ironminded
04-04-2006, 05:26 PM
Thanks a ton GF, this was th type of response I was looking for.

A side question; do you grind up the oats pre-mix, or just toss everything in the blender, including liquids and hit the 'high' button?

getfit
04-04-2006, 05:29 PM
i grind the oats pre-mix empty them in a bowl, them i add whatever for my shake and then toss in my oats and whirl it all up!

djreef
04-06-2006, 09:44 AM
I use a hand blender ($12 @ Big Lots/Walmart)- blend everything right in the glass that I'm going to drink it out of. Much less mess = easier cleanup than jacking with a big blender. Just have to fill the glass with soapy hot water when you're done, then blend it up with the mixer. Rinse off in the sink with hot water for the next use.

DJ