PDA

View Full Version : Time to get super serious about diet...some advice?

ShadyRensch
04-04-2006, 06:08 PM
I've been carb cycling the past month or so, and I like it. I'm 6'0', 187 lbs, 20 yrs old. This is what my diet looks like, made up by super smart Built.

Average daily macros:
197g of protein,
91g of fat, and
140g of carbohydrate,
2,171 calories in total.

(4) Lifting/HIIT days:
211g of protein,
81g of fat, and
182g of carbohydrate,
2,300 calories in total.

(3) Rest/SS Cardio days:
178g of protein,
105g of fat, and
85g of carbohydrate,
2,000 calories in total.

This seems to be working pretty well, but I notice many other people "carb timing" or just in general times when to eat what. Right now I just kind of make sure I get all these numbers right, but not really when I eat. Like I've read to eat protein and fats together, and carbs alone, and to keep carbs low until right before working out. Any advice people have as to when to eat certain foods to help me speed up the end of my cut?

Built
04-04-2006, 06:16 PM
It is unlikely to make that much of a difference to your composition, but it may make a difference to your appetite if you keep fat and carb away from each other, in large quantities anyway.

I think you know how I do it - I describe it in the link in my sig.

mark27
04-06-2006, 01:39 PM
Im on a cut right now with 2300 cals on rest day and 2800(2300+ pwo shake) on wo days. My carb cycle i get at least 120-150 rest days and about 220-240 wo days. With this i feel very strong and enthused about my next workout(while keeping in my cal limits. I cant imagine taking in under 90 carbs in a day as it would make my next day morning workout pretty terrible unless i caffiene stacked as tall as the empire state building. Thats just me though.

Now for your question. On a workout day say i wake up at 5am, ill have a meal with about 30 carbs(always the 14 gram of fiber per serving all bran buds), then at 8am take in another 30carbs(always oatmeal). Then my my pwo shake which consist of simple carbs derived from milk and dextrose(usually 30 grams together). Then a hour after that i slam 30 carbs of whole wheat pasta. That puts me at 120 centered roughly around my workout(5am-11am. Then i may get another 80-100 carbs the rest of the day coming from complex sources. But after my workout i concentrate on fats that ease the hunger. This worked out perfect for me and I dont care if its wrong.
And on my rest day i just space out carbs evenly.

ddegroff
04-06-2006, 01:54 PM
Timing and keeping my hunger under control is why i eat certain things at certain times. I keep most of my carbs near workout because I only get to eat so many throughout the day. As far as combo's go (CHO/FAT, CHO/PRO, FAT/PRO) i just plan what i need to eat each day and eat it when im hungry. CHO's are really the only marcro i plan out.

Eszekial
04-06-2006, 01:58 PM
Ephedrine makes my hunger go bye bye.

mark27
04-06-2006, 04:03 PM
dont have sex while ur cutting ull be starvin!