PDA

View Full Version : Out of shape :(

TriangleChoke
04-05-2006, 09:51 AM
I'm quite out of shape & it is making me less confident with my social life & sport success. I've never been a very active person but I've recently really got into full contact sports that consist of striking & grappling (which are a great exercise in themselves). This doesn't seem to be enough as I feel weak with poor endurance & I don't think my body looks too good at the moment.

^That isn't me being sorry on myself just realizing it is time to get focused. Currently I am looking to cut weight & here is my stats:

Weight: 203 lbs (heaviest I've ever been)
Height: 5ft 11
Training Frequency: Mon, Wed, Fri.

*I'll update with my measurements*

offhegoes03
04-05-2006, 03:07 PM
good luck man on trying to cut and get in better shape. cutting is all about diet, so make sure you get that in check. everyone here recommends www.fitday.com to track calories. It's free and very useful. If you've never done this before, basically track your calories for a week and see if you gain weight, lose weight, or stay the same over the course of the week. If you're trying to cut, you will want to be eating below maintenance (the amount of calories that keeps you at the same weight) and tracking your progress that way. If you lose weight too fast, you can always adjust the amount of calories you eat per day, etc. If you need any more help with cutting, Built's signature has a link to her cutting guide which I'm sure is helpful. Hope this helps and good luck with the boxing and grappling.

Built
04-05-2006, 03:11 PM
I heard my name...

;)

Good luck with your cut.

Bob
04-05-2006, 03:21 PM
Welcome aboard Triangle...
A few months on WBB and you will be whipped into shape...

Just lift hard, eat right and sleep enough...
and SQUAT, SQUAT... DEADLIFT, DEADLIFT... Press & Pull.. repeat....

TriangleChoke
04-06-2006, 04:23 PM
good luck man on trying to cut and get in better shape. cutting is all about diet, so make sure you get that in check. everyone here recommends www.fitday.com to track calories. It's free and very useful. If you've never done this before, basically track your calories for a week and see if you gain weight, lose weight, or stay the same over the course of the week. If you're trying to cut, you will want to be eating below maintenance (the amount of calories that keeps you at the same weight) and tracking your progress that way. If you lose weight too fast, you can always adjust the amount of calories you eat per day, etc. If you need any more help with cutting, Built's signature has a link to her cutting guide which I'm sure is helpful. Hope this helps and good luck with the boxing and grappling.

Thanks for the link. It seems very easy to use & useful.