PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question: Can I make faster gains while cutting time in the gym?

SabresRock299
04-05-2006, 11:19 AM
I dont knop if anyone else feels this way but after 45 - 50 minutes of lifting Im exhausted and it feels like im doing little to nothing after that as far as lifting goes. The problem is after I hit Chest and Shoulders my entire body feels drained which sucks because I always do tris afterword. Same thing goes for the last 15 minutes of bis on my back day.

Is this normal?
Should I eat something different pre workout?
Is there a quaility supplement that help?
Should I just get out of there and do arms on a day when Im fresh?

Gracias.

ddegroff
04-05-2006, 11:28 AM
yes its normal to be tired at the end of your workout. You could try eating differently before, what do you usually eat? Creatine is the supplement you should look into. what does your routine look like?

TheGimp
04-05-2006, 11:33 AM
45-50 minutes sounds like an ideal workout length. I certainly wouldn't exceed an hour. Long workouts result in higher production of the catabolic hormone cortisol.

SabresRock299
04-05-2006, 11:35 AM
yes its normal to be tired at the end of your workout. You could try eating differently before, what do you usually eat? Creatine is the supplement you should look into. what does your routine look like?

I usually eat a big and well balanced meal about an hour before my workout. I may try to squeez in a protein shake 10 minutes before. My generic routine looks like this...

Flat Bench - 10, 8, 6, 4
Incline Bench - 8, 6, 4, 8
Dips - 10, 8, 8
Peck Deck - 8, 8, 8, 8

Overhead Press - 10, 8, 6, 4
Lateral Raises - 10, 10, 8, 8

BY THIS TIME MY ENTIRE BODY IS EXAUSTED

Skull Crushers - 10, 8, 6
Rope pulldown for tris - 10, 8, 8

Any help?

ddegroff
04-05-2006, 11:52 AM
I usually eat a big and well balanced meal about an hour before my workout. I may try to squeez in a protein shake 10 minutes before. My generic routine looks like this...

Flat Bench - 10, 8, 6, 4
Dips - 10, 8, 8 tricep dominent
Peck Deck - 8, 8, 8, 8

*Rope pulldown for tris - 10, 8, 8*

Any help?

I don't think the diet is the problem. * don't need these. i would stick to dips and skull crushers.

Jorge Sanchez
04-05-2006, 01:03 PM
Pressing movements work your triceps. As it is, you have 15 sets of pressing movements before you reach your tricep isolation exercises. IMO, drop the iso tricep work.

Edit: I also think you do too many sets for chest, but that is another story.

Skinny Fat
04-05-2006, 01:52 PM

Flat Bench - 10, 8, 6, 4
Dips - 10, 8, 8
Peck Deck - 8, 8, 8, 8

Rope pulldown for tris - 10, 8, 8

Any help?

I'm with everybody else on here. If you read around, a large percentage of the board advocates little to no 'tricep' or 'bicep' work, and 90% of the board would severely advise you against having an 'arm' day. There's no reason to do 4 chest exercises and two tricep exercises. Your volume and range of exercises is just too big. If I were you, I'd throw out the pec deck and the pulldowns, sticking with bench/incline/dips/skullcrushers - all of which hit the triceps just fine. If you're not tired at the end of that, try lifting heavier.