PDA

View Full Version : Eat maintenance and become lean?

ELITENUB
04-06-2006, 03:18 PM
Is it possible?

For example, If I eat 170g of protein a day 1g/lb BW and eat maintenance calories, which for me are about 3500, AND I do interval training about 2 or 3 times a week combined with weight lifting, would it be possible to keep ALL my muscle and become lean?

Has anyone done this? Or do you have to be on a cut in order to see fat loss? Simply put, im only a couple % above being ripped. I can see veinage and ab lines getting more defined and I dont think a cut would be appropriate, nor a bulk since I want to get aerobically/anaerobically fit for work this summer.

Perhaps I should have made this thread in the bodybuilding forum instead of diet, but Id appreciate your help.

ShockBoxer
04-06-2006, 05:13 PM
If you increase your activity you won't have to decrease your food intake because what you're maintaining on now will actually be a cut. I'd say this would be the easiest way to achieve your goals rather than trying to force recomposition (which, apparantly, falls into the 'possible but not likely if you're not a newbie' category).

cphafner
04-06-2006, 06:27 PM
it's easier to cut thru diet than cardio. And no you can't keep ALL of you muscle, but you can keep most of it.