PDA

View Full Version : is subway healthy?

charles_316
04-06-2006, 03:25 PM
whenever im in a rush or at school with no lunch, i either eat a protein bar and/or go to subway to get like a tuna sub with no sauces on it on whole wheat bread... is subway one of the healthy or healthier choices for fast food or mid-fast food ?

Eszekial
04-06-2006, 03:29 PM
Healthier, yes.

Healthy? I would say no. Artificial sweetners, carb heavy breads, soda....

Probably something you could eat on a regular basis with no problem if you weren't trying to get ripped.

ELITENUB
04-06-2006, 03:30 PM
whenever im in a rush or at school with no lunch, i either eat a protein bar and/or go to subway to get like a tuna sub with no sauces on it on whole wheat bread... is subway one of the healthy or healthier choices for fast food or mid-fast food ?

No doubt it is. Only thing bad I've heard is that their meat is processed. I used to work there (im young) and indeed everything is made fresh daily, all day. As previously stated, however, if you choose chips or drinks, it can become unhealthy.

Get a double meat 3 meat sub...108g of protein in that sucker.

charles_316
04-06-2006, 04:37 PM
yeah i never order chips, cookies or drinks..

jus the regular sub , whole wheat, no sauces...

i mean like i dont see the difference in makin my OWN healthy sub at home as opposed to the sub i order there with no extras on it

Phelon
04-06-2006, 05:02 PM
I love subway

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
04-06-2006, 07:38 PM
Subway is relatively healthy.

Ricochet_kid
04-07-2006, 11:26 AM
Subway is a restaurant. They have some healthy stuff, and some unhealthy stuff (like many restaurants).

Saying Subway is healthy is like saying 'salads' are healthy and then loading cheese and ranch dressing, croutons, and bacon bits on there.

http://www.subway.com/applications/NutritionInfo/index.aspx

charles_316
04-07-2006, 11:37 AM
i think the sweet onion is probably the healthiest one from lookin at that website

seK
04-07-2006, 01:01 PM
Also depends if you are cutting or bulking. It's hard to find a sub that fits in a cutting diet. The bun's are the worst.

Jorge Sanchez
04-07-2006, 01:05 PM
When I`m bulking I always get cookies at Subway. They taste great and they're easy calories. But I agree, it's not the greatest place to eat on a cut.

Shao-LiN
04-07-2006, 02:34 PM
General question...

Is it healthy? It can be.

As with any place you go to eat, it depends on what you get.

seK
04-07-2006, 03:15 PM
General question...

Is it healthy? It can be.

As with any place you go to eat, it depends on what you get.
I don't know I could swear KFC even deep fries their salad's. :P

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
04-07-2006, 04:50 PM
Subway is a restaurant. They have some healthy stuff, and some unhealthy stuff (like many restaurants).

Saying Subway is healthy is like saying 'salads' are healthy and then loading cheese and ranch dressing, croutons, and bacon bits on there.

http://www.subway.com/applications/NutritionInfo/index.aspxThat's why I said "relatively"...because it's healthy...depending on what you get and what you choose to put on your sub.

rk77
04-07-2006, 06:14 PM
tons of sodium in all thier subs that have any kind of meat because they are processed

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
04-07-2006, 09:15 PM
tons of sodium in all thier subs that have any kind of meat because they are processedThat's certainly true. I think there were only 1 or 2 subs that I actually had to cut the meat into slices on a meat cutter when I used to work there in high school. All the rest are packaged full of high sodium goodness.

Sidior
04-07-2006, 11:31 PM
sodium is delicious......just finished a sweet onion chicken teriyaki sub with double the meat on italian herb and cheese bread, 12" of course ....yummmmm:D

Mr. Kool
04-08-2006, 12:35 PM
I have to stop eating so much Pizza, so it's Subway for me.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
04-08-2006, 12:36 PM
sodium is delicious......just finished a sweet onion chicken teriyaki sub with double the meat on italian herb and cheese bread, 12" of course ....yummmmm:DThat sounds so good right now. I always used to put 3x the meat on my sandwiches when I worked there. :thumbup:

Sidior
04-08-2006, 04:04 PM
haha that would be sweet, I don't work there though so I gotta pay:(

Opiate
04-10-2006, 10:10 AM
eat what makes you happy... but be okay with the results... I like subway.. get the same thing you're describing... but dude.. you made me hungry