PDA

View Full Version : Water During CARB-UP Meal.. ?

MonStar1023
01-18-2002, 10:39 AM
I am curious what you all think about water intake during or before and after the carb-up meal? I am following the NHE Eating Plan and Rob recommends keeping water intake very low- to reduce bloating. But from what I have read by Lyle McDonald and a few others increased water intake with carb-ups helps really refill muscle glycogen all the way.

:help::help:

gymtime
01-18-2002, 10:43 AM
Water-retention is a very temporary condition. I wouldn't worry about it. It's likely you're gonna puff up a little anyway with the newly-introduced carbs.

The_Chicken_Daddy
01-18-2002, 10:56 AM
i agree.

MonStar1023
01-18-2002, 10:56 AM
So increased water intake during the carb-up meal is a good idea then?

:cool::cool:

The_Chicken_Daddy
01-18-2002, 10:58 AM
if bloating is the only reason that rob gives against it, then i say it is a good idea yes.

the doc
01-18-2002, 11:35 AM
wait a little while after eating then go to town on the liquids

MonStar1023
01-18-2002, 11:41 AM
the doc-
Alright bro thanks..

aeckhardt
01-18-2002, 02:28 PM
Plus, if your anything like me, and I know you are, you won't be able to fit any water in your stomach anyway.

Mmmmm, carb till you puke. Classic Roman Barfitarium style.
Not, that I have ever puked, but I've come damn close. Real healthy on the digestive tract. Haha.

=w=
01-18-2002, 04:50 PM
I have read that water retention and cell hydration can create a more anabolic enviroment.

MonStar1023
01-18-2002, 07:43 PM
Yeah thats kind of what I am thinking... well see I mean I dont know. I am going to try and continually drink water before and after the carb-up. But I know its gonna be tough because I eat the BIGGEST bowl of spaghetti its almost hard to imagine. Then the 2 scoops of ice-cream fills me up big time...

:p:p

irish mike
01-19-2002, 03:42 AM
on my ckd i carb up for 24 hours and i drink a sh*tload of water.i only really get bloated with my first meal so i just start out slow.if you only have one carb up meal i think it would be essential to drink alot of water with the meal to store glycogen with.how is your NHE eating plan going Monstar?it's a good book just use some common sense when you take Faigan's advice.i mean he says not to count calories but that's just being lazy.take what he's learned and put that with what you know about and you'll be ahead.i dont understand why he feels the need to put down other diets because he found one that worked for him.he says a keto diet is unbalanced.yeah it is that's why it works.i'm not criticizing you Monstar just remember there are people in this world who want you to cut your testicles off,kill yourself and follow them to the UFO behind the comet.

MonStar1023
01-19-2002, 08:46 AM
irish mike-
Whatsup bro? The NHE Plan is going GREAT check it out over in my journal in the Online Journals Board.. yeah Faigin does tear down a lot of other people in attempt to make his diet sound even better. It is more of a lifetime approach though, and I think thats why he recommends not counting calories, not due to laziness. I mean honestly I havnt counted ANY calories AT ALL and my results have been pretty excellent.. well like 15 lbs. in a month- and 2 HUGE cheat days around xmas time.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

MonStar1023
01-19-2002, 09:09 AM
the doc-
I am curious bro why do you recommend waiting a little while after piling in the carbs to "go to town" on the liquids.. hehe.

the doc
01-19-2002, 09:16 AM
that way you can move some of that huge meal out of your stomach. On some of those carb loads i would eat a whole pound of pasta and if i drank to much my stomach would be sooo full. Any extra water just sat in my stomach.

MonStar1023
01-19-2002, 10:04 AM
the doc-
Anabolically speaking though, and to OPTIMIZE the anabolic effects of the carb-load, should water be taken before, during, AND after the carb-meal?