PDA

View Full Version : Worthless food or no food?

KingJustin
04-09-2006, 12:31 AM
I'm bulking right now and I'm trying to stay pretty lean. I've pretty much been doing this the whole of my weightlifting career (and it sucks because I really don't like eating). But, every now and then I mess up my planning or something and I face a point where I have the option to go like 6-8 hours without eating anything, or eating something for like snack machines or something.

I am thinking that by not eating anything I might just play with my leptin levels a bit, get my body thinking "oh ****, better hold on to calories for a few days" and then I gain some weight in the long run.

Then, I am also thinking "no, that's stupid." But, anyway, if I am basically in a caloric deficit, does it really matter what the food is composed of? Is it just going to burn 100% of what I eat or what? If not, is there anything I should look for (ie take the bad carbs over the bad fats or something)?

These really seem like newbie questions haha

brickt.
04-09-2006, 12:40 AM
Ok, this is what I do. Listed by preference.

1) Go to store and buy liter of mik, whatever fat you want.
2) Try and get one of those psedo protein bars from wherever
3) Fast food from a better than most place (ie subway)
4) Say **** it all and go hogwhile and call it a refeed
5) No eat

Clifford Gillmore
04-09-2006, 01:14 AM
Carry a shoulder bag cooler, the ones that look like a book bag/laptop case with a few prepared meals/shakes in it.

Davidelmo
04-09-2006, 06:28 AM
meh, just eat whatever you want.

There's a thread about clean eating that basically discusses this.

I say it's better to get the calories than to worry about a few grams of "bad fats."