PDA

View Full Version : rice and chicken question

frankm007
01-18-2002, 12:43 PM
n/m

gymtime
01-18-2002, 12:50 PM
Brand names don't mean to much on this stuff. Just make sure you get skinless chicken breasts. The store brand is fine. Same with rice. I usually get brown rice, whatevers cheapest.

The_Chicken_Daddy
01-18-2002, 12:50 PM
brown or whole grain. Brand name is not a consideration really. the cheapest?

i use the chicken type of chicken. breast. I like breasts. Needless to say really. Brand name? Anne Summers. Oh yes...

gino
01-18-2002, 01:11 PM
I eat whatever boneless-skinless chicken breast is the cheapest. I eat primarily brown rice, and boil it like the directions on the package tell me to.

Tryska
01-18-2002, 01:15 PM
i'm all about free-range or kosher chicken. the Big Chicken Conglomerates scare the hell out of me. I got high once and somehow started meditating on the evils of chicken processing and since then, i don't eat it often, and when i do, it's either free-range or kosher, as i know they are both cleaner.

as for rice, i like just plain old brown rice. sometimes a wild/brown rice mix.

Allie
01-18-2002, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Tryska
the evils of chicken processing

LMAO Whats so evil about processing a chicken? Granted I have only processed chickenss a few times, but I have taken various slaughter house and meat packing tours, I'm interested in hearing about the "evils" T.

Tryska
01-18-2002, 01:26 PM
well...i've got issues with the cramped conditions in some of the bigger places....the higher incidences of infections, and tumor growth, not to mention the chemicals, the antibiotics and hormones,and lack of activity to make them tender and juicier.

chicken parts from places like purdu and tyson....even cargill, just don't look right anymore. they look unnatural and they are fookin huge. scary!

ah..actually when i said processing, i meant the commercial farming aspect..not the actual, cut it's head off and chop it part.

Allie
01-18-2002, 01:36 PM
Ahhh, so you just have issues with the major corporation farms. I don't really approve of them but consumer consumption of both pork and beef have been down. And the consumer is advicating a demand for a healthy product and the demand is at a very high quantity. Unfortionality untill the demand steadies out corporations are affraid to invest in building more farms. So it looks like the mom and pop producers are being bought out slowly and the corporation turn around and mke then into a more upscale production. It all boils down to supply and demand and right now this is working for the chicken industry.

Right now I prefere to avoid the GMO debate LOL I think that the market needs to do what they can to sell what the consumer wants. But at the same time I want to know that my food is safe to eat too :rolleyes:

I know you all think about this when your cooking your chicken huh? LOL

Tryska
01-18-2002, 01:46 PM
*lol* i do. :nod:

gino
01-18-2002, 02:14 PM
well...i've got issues with the cramped conditions in some of the bigger places....the higher incidences of infections, and tumor growth, not to mention the chemicals, the antibiotics and hormones,and lack of activity to make them tender and juicier.

chicken parts from places like purdu and tyson....even cargill, just don't look right anymore. they look unnatural and they are fookin huge. scary!

ah..actually when i said processing, i meant the commercial farming aspect..not the actual, cut it's head off and chop it part.

I don't have a problem with any of that. Why? Because me having a problem with that will never change anything. I eat between 20 and 30 chicken breasts a week. That's 10-15 chickens a week I have killed , skinned, and sold to me cheap for my eating pleasure. MWAHAHAHAHAA!:evillaugh :evillaugh

Tryska
01-18-2002, 02:16 PM
more power to you.

chicken freaks me out. i am less freaked out by kosher chickens.

bad trips die hard.

gino
01-18-2002, 02:22 PM
The Tyson chickens are SO juiced up though. They were buy 1 pkg, get 2 free last week, so I filled up my freezer. Some of the packages were up around 1.8 lbs with only 3 breasts in them. Those chickens were definitely on D-bol, but they're oh so tasty.

Then again, they may have just been fed cell tech, because clinical studies show it's 1,800,000 % better than regular creatine.

Tryska
01-18-2002, 02:27 PM
dude..you knwo what....adrogenic chicken sides may not affect you..but right now, i'm happy not having facial hair or a penis. :D

i'm staying away from the juiced up chickens.

actually i think the bad chicken trip started on an entirely different high while i was in the grocery store and freaked out over some mammoth chicken breasts.....

it's a really good thing i don't drugs anymore.

Allie
01-18-2002, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by gino
The Tyson chickens are SO juiced up though. They were buy on pkg, get 2 free last week, so I filled up my freezer. Some of the packages were up around 1.8 lbs with only 3 breasts in them. Those chickens were definitely on D-bol, but they're oh so tasty.

Then again, they may have just been fed cell tech, because clinical studies show it's 1,800,000 % better than regular creatine.

LMAO Thats not quit what they feed chickens for faster and larger growth

jarhead
01-18-2002, 05:50 PM
After following this thread, I feel a lot healthier knowing that my wife buys kosher poultry/meat :D .

Delphi
01-18-2002, 05:56 PM
I wonder how they "do" the chickens. Sledge hammer like they "do" cows?

Allie
01-18-2002, 06:59 PM
Do you really want to know?

I can tell you what I have seen, although each state has different laws that regulate slaughter houses.

the doc
01-18-2002, 08:28 PM
please share it with us

body
01-19-2002, 04:30 AM

******I have been to the hatchery and slaughter house of a chicken company I used to work for. The chicken were not cramped, They invited animal protester round to have a look, but they declined as there was nothing to cause a fuss about. This company supplied 30% of the chicken to the UK. They were not cramped and had plenty of space to run around in. If a staff member was cruel to a chicken they got instant sack.******

The way i have seen chicken slaughtered was they went through a water tank(electrocuted) upside down. then had there neck slit. The reaosn of the electrocution is as something to do with glycosis of the chicken and quality of meat. The electrocution does not kill the chicken, it knocks it out.

Though in other areas of the world different practise will be used.

As for you gino killing those chicken, I must hold the record for chicken killed. As I have rejected a batch of chicken over a 1000 pounds due to the supplier making it to salty and made them remake it with less salt. plus when I worked for the chicken company the amount of chicken We would go through in facotry trials was massive. as you would have to put through a 100 pounds of chicken just to get it through the ovens well.

Allie
01-19-2002, 06:53 AM
I know in Michigan that it is very hard to get and maintain a licence for poultry slaughter. In both local operations that I have seen the chickens were hung upside down and the necks were slit. The key is not to have the animal panic, adrenaline would kick in and it taints the meat.

the doc
01-19-2002, 08:55 AM
Well i think that everyone who eats meat should know how that meat got from an animal living in a farm to your plate. If you aren't comfortable with the constant slaughter of animals to provide your nutrition then be a vegan

I myslef have hunted and killed animals for food (Fish, Rabbits, turkeys, squirrels, pheasants, deer/venison) and process the dead carcasses myself. It is certainly an experience to learn this...lol

If you are worried about meat processing then you choudl buy unprocessed meats. I would mention that tyson and purdue are supposed to be hormone free chickens. I also buy chickens from the local food coop because it supports the local farmers who don't use antibiotics either. THe free range thing is not big on my list since i've got 80 lbs of free range deer meat and gonna go out an clean house on free range squirrels and rabbits next week
:shoot:

Although it has been shown that free range meat generally has less sat'd fat and is leaner overall. Beef for steak is mostly free range except for the last month of its life (if it is so called "grain-fed beef") where it is over-fed corn to "fatten up the calf". THis is what gives meat its marbleing. Otherwise it would be tough like wild game...lol

Tryska
01-19-2002, 09:01 AM
kosher and free-range. oh and organic.

doesn't matter what kind fo meat i buy....that's is what i look for. for peace of mind if nothing else.

i worked for a consulting firm that revamped cargill's technical ops, and the background research we had to do turned my stomach. i was already off chicken because of it's freaky size byt hen, but still. it's was disgusting.

H. Killebrew
01-20-2002, 10:51 AM
If you have a problem with eating chicken meat then you should also have a problem eating their eggs. In egg farms they cull the males because most of them, if not used as studs, are "useless" for obvious reasons in the egg industry. So what happens to the males? All of the cute baby chicks, both male and female, are transported along a conveyor belt past a line of people who check the chick's wings etc to determine whether they're male or female. They then toss them into their appropriate chute. Where do the chutes go? Well if you're a male chick, it goes to a nice big tub grinder where you're ground up with all of your male friends and then sold to people like mink farmers as feed.

Tryska
01-20-2002, 11:06 AM
oh me being scared of chicken has nothing to do with some PETA tree-hugging moral, all life is sacred philosophy.

it's prett ymuch based on germs, hygeine, and upton sinclairs "the jungle". that's it. if i could raise and kill my own chickens for food, i would most likely be a chicken eating fool.

c_8nOM
01-20-2002, 07:38 PM
Well about the chicken stuff...
There was a chicken farm down in ... can't remember...
the farm literally fed chickens estrogen to produce more eggs and fertile "female" eggs (not sure.. can't remember.. i know i discussed this in my AP class... ugh..) and then when they became product we eat .... their estrogen content in the meat was waaaaaaaaaay higher than normal.....
it was sooo high there was this guy who developed gyno because he ate too much of this chicken egg..

BECAREFUL....... haha.. you dont want GYNO.. hehe

c_8nOM
01-20-2002, 07:41 PM
OH.. BTW i'm back.. hehe

Shocker
01-20-2002, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Allie
I know in Michigan that it is very hard to get and maintain a licence for poultry slaughter. In both local operations that I have seen the chickens were hung upside down and the necks were slit. The key is not to have the animal panic, adrenaline would kick in and it taints the meat.

"...the unique horror of dog-and-cat consumption as practiced in Korea--and parts of China--is not that animals who are elsewhere considered companions are eaten. Rather, it is that they may be tortured to death. Cats are reputedly hammered, to break large bones, and are then boiled alive. This is believed to make a tonic for female conditions of age. Dogs endure beatings, slow hanging, and dehairing by blowtorch. Supposedly this suffuses their flesh with adrenalin, which is passed to the aging men who do most of the dog-eating. Yet adrenalin actually breaks down so fast under heat that just cooking the dog meat kills any actual biochemical effect. Contemplating or inflicting the torture itself is apparently what actually stimulates the consumers--which makes Korean-style dog-and-cat-eating literally a commerce in sadism. "

~ source: http://207.36.38.241/01/6/editorial0601.html

c_8nOM
01-20-2002, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Shocker

"...the unique horror of dog-and-cat consumption as practiced in Korea--and parts of China--is not that animals who are elsewhere considered companions are eaten. Rather, it is that they may be tortured to death. Cats are reputedly hammered, to break large bones, and are then boiled alive. This is believed to make a tonic for female conditions of age. Dogs endure beatings, slow hanging, and dehairing by blowtorch. Supposedly this suffuses their flesh with adrenalin, which is passed to the aging men who do most of the dog-eating. Yet adrenalin actually breaks down so fast under heat that just cooking the dog meat kills any actual biochemical effect. Contemplating or inflicting the torture itself is apparently what actually stimulates the consumers--which makes Korean-style dog-and-cat-eating literally a commerce in sadism. "

~ source: http://207.36.38.241/01/6/editorial0601.html

Dat's a bull ****..... well it's not a bull **** but it's rather exaggerated... Me myself is a korean and yes i have eaten dog meat.. i know it sounds lil savagery but i actually liked it..
well my grandma on my mom's side owns a restourant actually that specializes dog meat.. and I know how they treat the dogs.. haha.. and those dogs are not like puddles, gold retriever or anything like that.... it's differnt... BTW koreans dont eat cats...

Nothing like blowtorch, slow hanging involved in it.. they are actually fed well and treated better than any other animals you eat that u can imagine.....

do you want to talk about cows??..... do u wana talk about chickens?? what about sheeps??.....
those deseased dead sheeps were grounded dried, and fed to cows... now, cows aren't meant to eat sheeps, even if cows are starved to death, and were together with sheep... cows aren't gana hunt sheeps and eat'em alive......
Because they fed cows dead deseased sheeps that has protein that cows are not capable of reprocessing, cows became "mad" and.. there we go mad cow desease..
why did.. i... umm.. .
oh yeah.. so any kind of meat... is all the same.. they started from sun, plant, and became... cows, chickens,,.... generally protein molecules that is now known as meat......
Humans are also Part of food chain.. u've been lucky,.. and u've been genetically gifted to have such a complex system...

Your stomach doesn't know what you are eating or how the meat was treated or how the animal was treated before it came in a package... it's all psychological thing.. For god's sake you will self digest if there wasn't stomach mucous wall.....

what i'm saying here is ... it might sound morally wrong for western country what asians eat or do.. it's just a culture....
So try to understand what asians do ... we've put up with white culture too.. ..so.. it's ALL GOOD.....

Shocker
01-20-2002, 08:41 PM
I respect that.

That was a quote from one of about fifty articles that you can sources on the subject, so I wasn't trying to have any value judgement there. I first saw it on the news but cant vouch first hand for any of it.

Just thought that it was an interesting aside because I understand that the stress on the animal actually does have an effect on the outcome of the taste of the meat.

(I dont know what you mean by "put up with" Western culture? But thanks, I will do my best to "tolerate" you too :confused:

If in fact you would like to know my 'opinion' as such then I think that animal and human cruelty is a poor state of affairs no matter what country you live in. tuttut

c_8nOM
01-20-2002, 08:48 PM
true true.....
it's all good.....
i think it was kinna poor choice of words when i used put up with..
dont mind me i'm just newly imported from korea.... ;)

TreeTrunks
01-20-2002, 08:56 PM
Animals are put on the earth for us to eat. Man can't live on bread alone.

Shocker
01-20-2002, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by c_8nOM
true true.....
it's all good.....
i think it was kinna poor choice of words when i used put up with..
dont mind me i'm just newly imported from korea.... ;)

I know. You say some funny things.

:D

Tryska
01-21-2002, 03:45 AM
sup bomba? where you been?

c_8nOM
01-21-2002, 08:42 AM
hahah....
bomber?? hehe.. calling me by my old name??

i was lil busy cuz of my AP classes ..
well i was online but i spent that time in the other forum for my car.. hehe...

now i'm back .. hehe

Tryska
01-21-2002, 08:49 AM
oh come on man....you know i know all about you and your 800 other aliases here....;)

c_8nOM
01-21-2002, 10:03 AM
Hey i'm the only guy who's keeping this site with over 1000 members~
!!! :D