PDA

View Full Version : Mike Miller retakes the squat record!

chris mason
04-10-2006, 08:48 PM
Mike Miller recently squatted an amazing 1220 lbs to retake the all-time squat record. Congratulations to him for this amazing feat!

khari
04-10-2006, 09:09 PM
Congratulations to him for weighing less than 500lbs while doing it too.

Sensei
04-10-2006, 09:42 PM
I really, really hate to say this and I respect the hell out of him for telling his critics to go to **** off and competing, but I hope he is a little closer to hitting depth this time around.

Usually I'm the guy telling people to take their bashing and stick it, but after seeing vids of MM's 1200 (and later comparing it with Jeff Lewis' amazing 1200+), I couldn't help but agree.

Chris Rodgers
04-10-2006, 10:17 PM
Congratulations to him for weighing less than 500lbs while doing it too.

Was there really a point to this comment? I have met Jeff Lewis and he is a very nice guy. He is an all-around strong guy. Look how much he deadlifts.

Congrats to Mike. It'll be intersting to see what happens if a video of this surfaces. He seems to hit monster squats at local meets and gets turned down a lot at the big meets. I know he has a ton of strength, so we'll have to see what happens.

Bohizzle
04-10-2006, 10:40 PM
That's definitely a large lift! congrats to him!

Sensei - can u possibly post the links to the vids? I tried searching but couldn't find anything really good. Thanks in advance.

Andrew

KingJustin
04-10-2006, 11:00 PM
Isn't Mike Miller the guy that posted as "Mule" on Elitefitness for awhile?

If so, I remember a couple years back or so he was an all-bench guy and out of the blue he was working with some other guys that told him he ought to try to squat. He ends up box squating something amazing like 1,000 pounds without training for it at all. Next meet he hits 1100 and apparently came close to 1200. I guess he finally hit it.

I think I recall a video of him hitting the ~1000lb box squat and from what I remember his form wasn't notably bad.

Bigwhitemale
04-10-2006, 11:39 PM
Congratulations to Mike, he is extremely strong and powerful, simply the best squat ever...Wow...It's unbelieveable. This should teach us a lesson, just when you think you are strong, there is someone stronger than you...;)

Clifford Gillmore
04-11-2006, 04:44 AM
Inspiration on demand with the big guys nowadays, my goals get more and more reasonable everyday.

Goodwinm
04-11-2006, 05:49 AM
Congratulations to Mike, he is extremely strong and powerful, simply the best squat ever...Wow...It's unbelieveable. This should teach us a lesson, just when you think you are strong, there is someone stronger than you...;)
exactly. You will never ever be the trongest person alive. Even the strongest man alive now (whoever that is) is being beaten as we speak. Strength of humans is jus gonna get stronger stronger and stronger, until humans get so strong, we will be bicep curling whole planets! lol

Bohizzle
04-11-2006, 08:39 AM
Strength of humans is jus gonna get stronger stronger and stronger, until humans get so strong, we will be bicep curling whole planets! lol

:scratch: You mean you can't already do that?:rolleyes:

Andrew

Guido
04-11-2006, 10:34 AM
This should teach us a lesson, just when you think you are strong, there is someone stronger than you...;)Unless you are Mike Miller...or Scott Mendelson...or Benedict Magnusson. Damn, I wish I'd been born with a last name that begins with "M". :)

KevinStarke
04-11-2006, 11:08 AM
Kevin Majoros, Roar!

KevinStarke
04-11-2006, 04:58 PM
BAHAHA this is sad... look at how he is... no doubt its still impressive to be able to move with that kind of weight on your shoulders but common IPF... you and the rest of us all know that shouldnt have passed.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=758682 scroll down to the 12th post

Stumprrp
04-11-2006, 05:27 PM
well, it was high as hell, but still impressive, jeffs squat i have seen on video was parallel.

Gutz981
04-11-2006, 05:29 PM
Hahahahhahahh wayyyyyy too shallow.

Bohizzle
04-11-2006, 05:33 PM
still impressive as hell, but i don't think he should've gotten 3 whites.

Andrew

chris mason
04-11-2006, 06:39 PM
Guys, don't try to judge the depth of a squat from a video. It is just too hard. The man got 3 whites and therefore it was a good lift. There is not much else to say.

Chris Rodgers
04-11-2006, 06:52 PM
Chris- that is very nice of you to say, but once again that should not be the all-time record. He hasn't come near that in a big-time meet...only these local ones. He is strong as hell and a very good guy to train with from what I hear. I did one of his meets a few years ago and he seemed to be very cool.

I have personally kneeled down and watched him squat from the side. I've seen him go lower than that and still be high(and get the lift passed anyway). All-time records should be without a doubt legit lifts. These types of lifts don't get passed at National level meets. Not that it is an easy feat, but there are a lot more lifters out there than you think who can squat over 1200 a few inches high.

Sidior
04-11-2006, 07:15 PM
bummer a WR was broken that way, well hopefully the next person to break the record will have proper depth

drew
04-11-2006, 07:28 PM
Would like to see it from the side, but from the front it lloks way too high.

Why don't these judges see how bad this makes the sport look?

bill
04-11-2006, 07:40 PM
Its as deep as many others that get passed. He did very easy also. It may be high, but maybe with a better angle you could tell more. They only have to hit parallel. I just give him credit! I'm still trying to figure 400 out raw.
Just read his daughter is going in for open heart surgery. So just be nice for the family sake when posting. Prays with you and your family!

Goodwinm
04-12-2006, 01:47 AM
Christ. i dont think id ever want to lift that amount of weight. Id **** bricks if the was on my shoulders lol. If somehow the bar collapsed, or he fell over, or stumbbled he would be truley knackered!
Okay yer he got spotters, but thats over 1200lbs man! That crashing down on you, you aint got no chance. DAMN, how is it possible? lol.
Cudo's to him anyway, for the weight sqautted and Not the world record lift. becasue in my opininon that aint the world record lift. Ive seen many videos of guys squatting over 1000lbs with ass nearly touching floor.

He did it quite easy when looking back on it. So maybe he could go below paralell with that weight.

Ironman15
04-12-2006, 02:14 AM
Christ. i dont think id ever want to lift that amount of weight. Id **** bricks if the was on my shoulders lol. If somehow the bar collapsed, or he fell over, or stumbbled he would be truley knackered!
Okay yer he got spotters, but thats over 1200lbs man! That crashing down on you, you aint got no chance. DAMN, how is it possible? lol.
Cudo's to him anyway, for the weight sqautted and Not the world record lift. becasue in my opininon that aint the world record lift. Ive seen many videos of guys squatting over 1200lbs with ass nearly touching floor.

He did it quite easy when looking back on it. So maybe he could go below paralell with that weight.

Can you point me to some of these videos you speak of? Would be interesting to see, and wondering why these guys don't have records then?

Goodwinm
04-12-2006, 02:22 AM
Can you point me to some of these videos you speak of? Would be interesting to see, and wondering why these guys don't have records then?
Oh bugger. Sorry. I don't know why i wrote 1200lb in my post above. I meant to say 1000lb. Must of gotten mixed up with the 1220 record number.
Changed it now.

Ironman15
04-12-2006, 02:30 AM
Oh bugger. Sorry. I don't know why i wrote 1200lb in my post above. I meant to say 1000lb. Must of gotten mixed up with the 1220 record number.
Changed it now.

Lol, alright, I was gonna say that doesn't really make sense.

Goodwinm
04-12-2006, 02:43 AM
Lol, alright, I was gonna say that doesn't really make sense.
yer lol. im sure there are quite a few ppl who can sqaut over 1200lbs though, and probs dont want to make it known to everybody.

dw06wu
04-12-2006, 03:57 AM
yer lol. im sure there are quite a few ppl who can sqaut over 1200lbs though, and probs dont want to make it known to everybody.
Yeah I'm gonna go ahead and disagree with you on that one.

Goodwinm
04-12-2006, 04:00 AM
Yeah I'm gonna go ahead and disagree with you on that one.
u dont think there is?
in some dingy, extremely unpopulated town in asia where its the survivial of the fittest and strongest?
well maybe its a long shot thinking that. but i think it could stil be possible.

and just for the record. Look how strong this guy is. hehe.

http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=tbn:JeNqyDaVeOgCVM:www.cameraguild.com/magazine/images04/104-1.jpg

Guys name: Matthew Mcgrory (Actor who starred in House of 1000 corpses and The Devils Rejects)
Height: 7ft 6
Foot Size: 29
Strong as hell! lol.

Another few images of the big man.
http://www3.sympatico.ca/tmuller/mcgrory/Jen_and_Matt.jpg

http://www.foxnews.com/images/172844/0_21_081005_mcgroryObit.jpg

Sensei
04-19-2006, 03:46 PM
Another vid of the lift: http://www.marunde-muscle.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2307

Goodwinm
04-19-2006, 04:40 PM
Another vid of the lift: http://www.marunde-muscle.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2307
looks a litle better from that video.
He could of gone down further tho just to secure the lift. O well. He got it. Not for long though. *wink wink*
nah i think u guys wud be pretty impressed/scared if i could sqaut 1220lbs at a bodyweight of 154lbs.
Damn thats nearly 8 times my bodyweight. half a tonne on my back wud probs murder me.

dw06wu
04-19-2006, 07:39 PM
Not that that isnt impressive, but I could have squatted 600 raw back in november at that depth. Why don't they have to hit parallel (or anywhere near it for that matter?) Just because they're the strongest? Why does that let them bend the rules so much?

Xyber04
04-24-2006, 12:29 AM
how much does mike miller weigh?

Goodwinm
04-24-2006, 01:02 AM
Not that that isnt impressive, but I could have squatted 600 raw back in november at that depth. Why don't they have to hit parallel (or anywhere near it for that matter?) Just because they're the strongest? Why does that let them bend the rules so much?
the judges are probs scared of miller lol.