PDA

View Full Version : Progress (if you wanna call it that...) Pics

Mic Soloist
04-10-2006, 10:40 PM
long story short... i was 155 @ 19 years old. i started lifting weights and now i'm 215 @ 23 years old. it took me a couple years of education and hard work to figure out how to make real progress, but since then i've gained a lot of size and strength.

over last summer i made wonderful progress going from 185 up to 215 and not gaining a great deal of body fat. since then i've basically been maintaining. my size, strength, and bf% hasn't changed much at all since october/november of 05.

why? because i diet fairly well and lift hard through the week, but basically drink and eat **** on the weekends. my body fat is too high to continue bulking and my slow metabilism won't allow me to get ripped without and incredibly strict diet... one i haven't had the dedication to maintain. so i found myself pretty much stuck where im at. i've been really lacking motivation and the fact that i spend 12 hours per week day in the gym (sales manager @ gold's) makes me sometimes rebel against the sport/hobby/passion i used to eat, ****, and breathe. but none the less, here is where i'm at. just some random ****ty poses. some comments and BF% guesstimations would be great. thanks in advance...

Bohizzle
04-10-2006, 10:44 PM
back, legs? From what i can see, ur probably around 16-18%. Your arms seem to be overpowering the rest of ur physique though. Definitely lots of progress made from the original picture. Hth.

Andrew

Mic Soloist
04-10-2006, 10:45 PM
more...

Mic Soloist
04-10-2006, 10:48 PM
back, legs? From what i can see, ur probably around 16-18%. Your arms seem to be overpowering the rest of ur physique though. Definitely lots of progress made from the original picture. Hth.

Andrew

i dont have a newer one of my back, but this one is from about a year ago...
legs are decent but not cut at all. at my best i was squatting 405 but i havent been squatting much in the last few months.

Meat_Head
04-10-2006, 10:49 PM
Damn that's alot of progress! You've put on alot of quality mass, and definately have the potential for more. How are the legs?

Mic Soloist
04-10-2006, 10:57 PM
my thighs aren't GREAT, but they are decent. they are basically just solid trunks, not cut and not overly bulky. i used to squat like a madman, 315 x 15 and 405 for a couple... but a knee injury kept me away from squats for a while, and laziness has kept me avoiding them recently. it's hard to find the motivation to squat heavy when i'm knowingly lifting to maintain... boo hoo i'm a sissy i know.

All-Time Best Squat (early 05): 405 x 2

All-Time Best Deadlift (last summer/fall): 515 x 1

All-Time Best Bench (couple months ago): 315 x 1

now i'm at 300-305 bench, probably 435-440 deadlift, maybe 315 squat. in other words, i've fallen off...

Built
04-11-2006, 01:13 AM
DAMN boy, you're thick as hell! Nice size on you, great pec genetics with some pretty impressive work.

*cough leggies? cough*

FighterInSnatch
04-11-2006, 03:51 AM
Dude you got some big ass arms. You're looking pretty good overall. I would say your lagging a bit in your shoulders though.(hint shrugs) Either way though you look good. Keep up the hard work man.

FIghter.

mattburns
04-11-2006, 04:17 AM
looking very thick, lots of progress well done fella.

TwiloMike
04-11-2006, 06:27 AM
Looking good above the waist. Show some leg!

ClubberLang
04-11-2006, 09:26 AM
def over 20% bf. how was the superdrol cycle?

Mic Soloist
04-11-2006, 09:38 AM
i wouldnt do it again, but when i took it for 3 weeks last summer i gained some quality mass.

and i agree i probably am 20%+. i was thinking 16-18 but now im leaning towards fatty.

ArchAngel777
04-11-2006, 10:22 AM
First thing I want to say is that you look like a beast! Impressive work.

Second thing is that your chest, well... is just like mine. Frankly, I am worried about mine leaning out. That is probably my biggest problem with my physique is that I store quite a bit of fat on lower pecs. Your thoughts on your own chest as well?

Again, you are massive bud... It looks like you have a good 10 pounds more LBM than I do... Impressive arms.

Mic Soloist
04-11-2006, 11:19 AM
thanks for the positive comments man, i appreciate it. the only places i hold a lot of fat are my lower chest and lower back/love handle region. i'm pretty confident that everything will lean up naturally if i ever grow some balls and diet.

ArchAngel777
04-11-2006, 11:24 AM
thanks for the positive comments man, i appreciate it. the only places i hold a lot of fat are my lower chest and lower back/love handle region. i'm pretty confident that everything will lean up naturally if i ever grow some balls and diet.

I hope so... For both our cases... Well, I am still cutting, since we share similar body type, I will be sure to let you know and record when the fat from the lower chest starts to leave.

Take care!

Guido
04-12-2006, 02:11 PM
We are fairly close in proportions and body mass. Your lifts are impressive, too. You would be a balanced powerlifter if you chose to compete. Too bad you are maintaining. Gotta fuel that fire to get stronger. Just think where you'd be now if you hadn't decided to "maintain". Probably squatting 450, DL'ing 550, and benching close to 350! Remember: "Development ends where satisfaction begins."

Danpiel
04-12-2006, 02:21 PM
I don't think your 20% definitely lower than that. Do you want to start a cut?

Eszekial
04-12-2006, 02:36 PM
if you are 20%, you sure do hold the weight well :D

Can we get some more opinions on his BF%? I'm very curious for myself.

dw06wu
04-12-2006, 04:17 PM
Probably around 18-19%, I think 20+ is pushing it. But you carry it well.

ArchAngel777
04-12-2006, 04:23 PM
He could be under 20%, he could be over... You know, honestly, when you are above 16% it is hard to tell in many cases depending on how the person stores their fat.

I am leaner than Mic right now (slightly) and I don't consider myself under that 15% mark yet... Not saying it isn't possible for him to be under 20% or for that matter, me to be under 15%, but it doesn't seem reasonable at this point.

Patz
04-12-2006, 06:34 PM
Judging by the taper of his torso, I'd stick with 18% max.

You look great, man. Very big. I can see real progress from your last pics.

Mic Soloist
04-12-2006, 10:51 PM
thanks a lot guys. that means a lot to me. this thread alone has motivated me to get my diet in check this week. plus i deadlifted tonight for the first time in a couple of months... i wasn't about to attempt my 515 PR, but i pulled 435 fairly easy. im happy with that all things considered.

Here's some more pics from tonight.

Phelon
04-12-2006, 11:00 PM
I say 19% max. Shoulders are lackin quite a bit though. I'd say work on them a little more. legs eh, seem ok, but could be better. Keep it up, good progress!

Mic Soloist
04-12-2006, 11:07 PM
hmmm. i actually thought my shoulders were in pretty good shape. on the back bicep poses they seem pretty large compared to everything else imo. are you talking more in the trap area, or the shoulder peak, or what? what part of the shoulder is lacking the most so i know what to hit harder in the gym. legs are about 25-26 inches, but not cut.

Gabrielle
04-12-2006, 11:09 PM
I think you should just diet down. I think in the end you would be very happy after a cut. By the way looking solid

Mic Soloist
04-13-2006, 04:00 PM
wish i could eternally bulk... but @ some point (soon) ill just be a strong fatty.

ArchAngel777
04-13-2006, 04:41 PM
wish i could eternally bulk... but @ some point (soon) ill just be a strong fatty.

Naw do a cut... You have the mass and power... Just clean off that extra weight and you should be ace.