PDA

View Full Version : Carb cycling meal question

Joe_Halt
04-11-2006, 02:21 PM
Well to get to the point I'm cutting and I'm going by the carb cycling diet to do so (been doing it a week). Sometimes I don't finish working out until 9:30pm, so I don't eat until 11:00pm. On my two high carb days I like to mix in some simple carbs like pasta (approx 50g of carbs) with my brown rice. I know you need carbs after a workout, but my concern is causing an insulin spike right before I go to bed. Will this hinder weightloss? Should I just give it a few weeks and evaluate my progress?(but I don't want to waste valuable time)

Built
04-11-2006, 02:36 PM
You train at night, so carbs after you train are a good idea. Don't worry about the nighttime insulin, okay?

Manveet
04-11-2006, 02:48 PM
Won't make a difference in the world.

ddegroff
04-11-2006, 03:08 PM
I usually train at night, the meal g of CHO/Pro are pretty much the same if I workout in the middle of the day or at night. Think of sleep as and 8hr+ *total rest* period and not a *insulin spike fat gaining* period. You just kicked your butt in the gym what a perfect time to load up some cals and just let your body do its thing.

Joe_Halt
04-11-2006, 06:17 PM
Thanks guys

gator
04-17-2006, 10:51 AM
I dont think it will hinder weight loss at all insulin spikes at night are overrated, especially when deaing with late night lifting. However if I was you and if you wake up in the middle of the night down a couple glasses of milk, because it seems like you wont be getting much slow digesting protein before you go to bed to last you while your sleeping for 8 hours.