PDA

View Full Version : My diet

FujiGorilla
04-11-2006, 05:32 PM
I have never taken diet into accou7nt before, however I would like to start... So yesterday I started a fitday account... These numbers seem really low compared to those of nutrition labels.. but anyway, My results in calories were 2000 yesterday, and about 3000 today, about 1000 from cake... My question here is, How many calories should I be aiming for at 155 lbs, 5'11" and age 15?
I think it might help to include that aside from lifting, and occasional cario( about once a week tops) I do literally nothing, well I was playing football but it's off-season now, so I go to school, lift, eat, and sleep... That's my basic lifestyle if it'll help you.

Built
04-11-2006, 05:37 PM
www.fitday.com (http://www.fitday.com) for a week.

Take the average.

Are you gaining or losing?

What are your goals?

bigshock
04-11-2006, 05:49 PM
it all depends on what you want .....to burn fat?put on weight? or concentrate on lean muscle?cake will do nothing but fat on you.If you're looking to put on just overall weight then i'd add it on you diet but 1000 cals of it.

FujiGorilla
04-11-2006, 05:52 PM
Built, for now, my imediate goal is to cut fat, once I'm down enough I want to bulk up(I think I'm pretty close to low enough now anyway, however) and at a later time I'm sure I'll be ready to tone.

But for now definatly just less fat, more muscle... tone is of no present concern to me.

Built
04-11-2006, 05:53 PM
How about the other questions I asked?

FujiGorilla
04-11-2006, 05:57 PM
Well for my Avg. Caloric intake over 3 days it says 2398.

I'm not sure what you mean by am I gaining or losing... Over the past few months I've lost about 50 lbs... I also lost some strength that I noticed in my bench... So I geuss I'm losing.

Built
04-11-2006, 05:58 PM
You've lost 50 lbs in HOW many months?

FujiGorilla
04-11-2006, 06:06 PM
Well I weighed 210 in August or Sept... and I hit 160 in December or January. So about 4 or so months.. it was largly to do with me joining wrestling wich was extremely physically demanding, and I had alot of fat to burn... I now(to my dismay) have a large amount of excess skin that I can stretch away from my stomach... It bothers me to death...

Built
04-11-2006, 06:16 PM
So you've averaged about 2400 cals and lost 3 lbs a week over four months.

That would put your maintenance at 3900 calories.

Somehow, that seems high, but if we're out a bit - say your maint is about 3500 - then your cut cals are too low at 2400 a day.

What are your protein, carb and fat grams looking like?

FujiGorilla
04-11-2006, 06:20 PM
My average so far(3 days) is:

85g Fat
32 Sat
15 Poly
31 Mono

297g Carbs

113g Protien

Built
04-11-2006, 06:23 PM
Fat is fine.

Protein is too low. Double it - bring the carb down to about 200g.

And I'd feel more comfortable if you brought your cals up a few hundred - maybe up to about 2600 for a few weeks, see how your body responds?

FujiGorilla
04-11-2006, 06:32 PM
OK, I can try that... But what are some foods with only protien?

Built
04-11-2006, 06:33 PM
Meat
Protein powder
cottage cheese
tuna

Jordanbcool
04-11-2006, 07:01 PM
Meat
Protein powder
cottage cheese
tuna

I've found chicken and turkey to be ideal. I love beef but often it has to much fat/to many calories to fit into my fitdays properly. Nothing beats tuna like built said. However im surprised no one mentioned eggs. The KING of protein. Those little guys pack a pretty nice punch considering how cheap they are. IMO keep the yolk, and guzzle them raw by the dozen. Good protein right there.

-jordan

FujiGorilla
04-11-2006, 07:42 PM
I just finished today's workout... should I eat something now? My step dad said that after working out you should eat protien within an hour, is that true?... Here's my numbers for the day:
Calories: 2920
Fat: 96g
Carbs: 356g
Protien: 161g

FujiGorilla
04-12-2006, 07:17 PM
I ate a lot more than usual today... I feel really wierd about it though... especially since it was a rest day and I didn't even workout... Should I eat normal on rest days or still keep high Calories? Also, earlier I was told to lower my carbs, raise protiens, and keep fats... This is what I got for today:
Calories: 2961
Fat: 144 g
Carbs: 263 g
Protien: 152 g

Oh, one more thing... What kinds of fats should I be aiming for? Mono, Poly, or Saturated? Thanks :D

Jordanbcool
04-13-2006, 08:31 AM
I ate a lot more than usual today... I feel really wierd about it though... especially since it was a rest day and I didn't even workout... Should I eat normal on rest days or still keep high Calories? Also, earlier I was told to lower my carbs, raise protiens, and keep fats... This is what I got for today:
Calories: 2961
Fat: 144 g
Carbs: 263 g
Protien: 152 g

Oh, one more thing... What kinds of fats should I be aiming for? Mono, Poly, or Saturated? Thanks :D

You should eat more on lifting days and less on rest days. Your step dad is somewhat right. However in addition to protein i'd say that carbs are really important pre and post workout. Other then that they should be pretty much non-existant from your diet. Yes keep protein high, fats moderate and carbs low.

Stay away from saturated. Im pretty sure the other two are good though. But not 100%.

-jordan

Holto
04-13-2006, 09:27 AM
Built, for now, my imediate goal is to cut fat.

After dropping 50lbs it might not be a bad idea to maintain for 2-4 weeks. You will feel human again and your metabolism should recover from the long cut. When you do decide to go back to cutting, your cut will be more effective.

Built
04-13-2006, 10:37 AM
Saturated fat is healthy fat, unless it's trans.

Any natural fat is healthy fat.

Davidelmo
04-13-2006, 01:03 PM
I just finished today's workout... should I eat something now? My step dad said that after working out you should eat protien within an hour, is that true?... Here's my numbers for the day:
Calories: 2920
Fat: 96g
Carbs: 356g
Protien: 161g

He's right.. make a shake if you any whey protein. If not, eat some meat or something else high in protein.

Optimum08
04-15-2006, 11:24 AM
I've found chicken and turkey to be ideal. I love beef but often it has to much fat/to many calories to fit into my fitdays properly. Nothing beats tuna like built said. However im surprised no one mentioned eggs. The KING of protein. Those little guys pack a pretty nice punch considering how cheap they are. IMO keep the yolk, and guzzle them raw by the dozen. Good protein right there.

-jordan

Yes, eggs are considered the "perfect protein" because of its bioavailability to the body, but its not as bioavailable unless you cook it to denature some of the proteins so they can be broken down by the body. Thus, although drinking them raw would be okay, cooking them would be much more efficient, and IMO much tastier.

Built
04-15-2006, 12:21 PM
Raw yolks are okay (if you can handle the possible salmonella), but the whites *should* be cooked to avoid problems with biotin absorption.

Jordanbcool
04-17-2006, 07:46 AM
Raw yolks are okay (if you can handle the possible salmonella), but the whites *should* be cooked to avoid problems with biotin absorption.

The risk of infection is .003%. Only if fate or God had it out for me would I ever get infected. A normal person comes across salmonella in an egg once every 42 years.

-jordan