PDA

View Full Version : Cut/Bulk?

jtrink
04-11-2006, 07:05 PM
Hey, I've been bulking for about 3 months now and gained somewhere around 20 pounds.(145- 160(5) ) I noticed a decent amount of fat in my stomach. So do i cut for the summer starting now? I want to lose the few pounds in my stomach that i have added but keep a majority of the muslce i've gained. Final question is when i continue to lift..if i stay lean will i continue to add muscle mass and grow?(prob. noob question)

getfit
04-11-2006, 07:08 PM
how tall are you?

you'll lose weight overall on a cut not only on your stomach

if you lift heavy, yes, keep the rep range short

Jordanbcool
04-11-2006, 07:10 PM
Hey, I've been bulking for about 3 months now and gained somewhere around 20 pounds.(145- 160(5) ) I noticed a decent amount of fat in my stomach. So do i cut for the summer starting now? I want to lose the few pounds in my stomach that i have added but keep a majority of the muslce i've gained. Final question is when i continue to lift..if i stay lean will i continue to add muscle mass and grow?(prob. noob question)

My advice. Go pick up this months Mays issue of M+F (muscle and fitness). Those magazines are pretty good and filled with good advice for begginers and vets alike.

To your question though. Yes you should start cutting. Dont worry though cus your not alone. I'd say the majority of the people in this forum are on some sort of cut since summer is rolling around. You have got to get your diet in order first. I think thats the building block for any successful diet or bulk. Figure out your maininence cals. and we'll go from there.

-jordan

jtrink
04-11-2006, 07:13 PM
ok, I'm 5 11' and I do bench cycles and squat cycles as my 2 main lifts. They are apart of a D-II college football workout plan and the plan is doing pretty good so far. My arms, legs,, chest, lats, and shoulders def. grew during this 7 week period that i was on the plan. sadly my stomach did as well. I usually take in close to 4000 cals a day. Generally i am very skinny and don't want to go back do to nothing....Sorry i don't have pics, i mean if u look at me ull prob. say there is no point in cutting. But i need to get rid of the stomach somehow.

Sidior
04-11-2006, 07:18 PM
My advice. Go pick up this months Mays issue of M+F (muscle and fitness). Those magazines are pretty good and filled with good advice for begginers and vets alike.
-jordan

That sounds like a terrible idea. I can understand reading them if you know enough about cutting/bulking and the like to sift through all the crap, but the OP doesn't seem to be in a position to be able to do that yet. Reading them as well as what the board has to say would be contradicting and confusing.

ddegroff
04-11-2006, 11:03 PM
^yeah this website, isnt trying to sell you anything like M+F does. Those magazines are in the business to sell magazines and thats about it. The routines and constant feedback is far better than any magazine. Check out the Built's sticky at the top of the page about cutting. Also i would say cutting or bulking is a personal choice, no one can tell you what YOU should do.

brickt.
04-11-2006, 11:37 PM
LOL @ M&F.

All the info you'll EVER need is already on this site, for free. And it like, yaknow, actually works.

Jordanbcool
04-12-2006, 08:43 AM
LOL @ M&F.

All the info you'll EVER need is already on this site, for free. And it like, yaknow, actually works.

Heeey i've been reading those magazines for months now and so far i have YET to find a magazine issue that contradicts with anything listed or mentioned on this site. I love them and i've never not bought an issue for the past couple of months. Great reads. I usually just rip out the advertisements....well i keep the ones of ronnie coleman as insperation but muscle-tech. All ripped out. I hate that company.

O by the way.....has anyone noticed ronnie coleman talks like a girl??? He sounds like the typical gay guy. Really really high pitched voice. I wonder if its because of all the roids.

-jordan

Jorge Sanchez
04-12-2006, 09:33 AM
no one can tell you what YOU should do.

I can. At 5'11'', 160lbs you need to bulk!

ddegroff
04-12-2006, 11:17 AM
^haha, I guess I should have said "no one can make the decision for him". I was thinking the same thing. Same height as me and ~20lbs lighter than me. But ofcourse genetics probably plays a role in that also.

OP:I was 166 in the middle of last summer, was more disgusted with how small i felt than how much fat I had on my stomach. I decided to bulk, if you feel the same way, starting eating, if not go on a cut.

ddegroff
04-12-2006, 11:20 AM
Heeey i've been reading those magazines for months now and so far i have YET to find a magazine issue that contradicts with anything listed or mentioned on this site. I love them and i've never not bought an issue for the past couple of months. Great reads. I usually just rip out the advertisements....well i keep the ones of ronnie coleman as insperation but muscle-tech. All ripped out. I hate that company.

yeah there's some good info, but in all reality its the same stuff over and over again. If you buy 'em every month get a subscription, atleast save some money. I had a subscription to Mens Fitness for two yrs. I would read through the articles and was like "wow that was a waste of my $$$".

of course you can spend money however you see fit.

Jordanbcool
04-13-2006, 08:27 AM
yeah there's some good info, but in all reality its the same stuff over and over again. If you buy 'em every month get a subscription, atleast save some money. I had a subscription to Mens Fitness for two yrs. I would read through the articles and was like "wow that was a waste of my $$$".

of course you can spend money however you see fit.

I like them for the color photos of different excersizes. What the hell is a good morning? That magazine showed me how to do them with good form. Plus im a visual learner. If I see it first hand its easier for me to get it down then it is if someone just told me it. I also like the meal plans and helpful random tips ranging from fat loss to the difference between flaxseed and fish oil. People can do w/e. I just know at the moment i'd never get rid of those magazines. They are something for me to read when my teacher is trying to lecture me on the mona lisa and why its important :D

Plus nowadays $6 is nothing to me. I'll pay that for a good magazine.

-jordan

Holto
04-13-2006, 09:34 AM
I think with the advent of the internet M&F is less hoky then in the 80's & 90's but it's still a terrible place for a newbie.