PDA

View Full Version : Promotion Video

Slim Schaedle
04-12-2006, 05:57 PM
I was considering not posting this because I am not the type to get on here and beat my own drum just for attention, but I received a PM suggesting that alot of people on here would get motivated by it.

Fattyniebs and I recorded some footage over spring break in order to check our form and I figured why not try some of the media programs on my computer. So, this is the result... It's my first time making anything like this. (if it appears too dark, adjust your monitor settings.)

Turn sound up also

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fa-1Hqj1Qg

This is not me attempting to advertise, so don't take it that way. Frankly, our current targeted clients might not be too interested in our squats and deadlifts. This is more for the college crowd we see everday.

Feel free to critique our form, bodies, and ugly faces.

drew
04-12-2006, 06:06 PM
Brokeback SquatRack...

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Video looks pretty good. Nice work.

Slim Schaedle
04-12-2006, 06:09 PM
Brokeback SquatRack...

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Video looks pretty good. Nice work.
haha.

we're straight :p

but I did change the thread tile for you

Danpiel
04-12-2006, 06:14 PM
damn nice gym and gear.

Slim Schaedle
04-12-2006, 06:18 PM
damn nice gym and gear.
It looks nice, but we have to call it a recreation center, not a gym.

It's a bodybuilder's nightmare.

Good old UC.....

Don't get me started.

FighterInSnatch
04-12-2006, 07:16 PM
Cool as vid Slim. So did I miss something? Do you own your own gym? I'm a little confused. Thanx

Ryan

Ironman15
04-12-2006, 07:41 PM
It looks nice, but we have to call it a recreation center, not a gym.

It's a bodybuilder's nightmare.

Good old UC.....

Don't get me started.

Looking good. I'd have to say the new rec center is better than the old one though, just based on the fact that you don't have to really wait for anything. Still not the best though.

I was gonna ask why there's hardly anyone at all lifting in the rec, but then I noticed you did it over spring break.

Duffman
04-12-2006, 08:58 PM
yeah your "rec center" looks pretty sweet. you guys are looking pretty good too.

Gabrielle
04-12-2006, 11:24 PM
good stuff, very awesome music. You guys are damn ripped, too. Nice squat and dead form. Inspirational stuff, guys.

lilmase1153
04-13-2006, 12:22 AM
You guys look awesome.. Very nice Vid, adn congrats to both of you

trunksy
04-13-2006, 04:22 AM
yeah your "rec center" looks pretty sweet. you guys are looking pretty good too.

:withstupi

MeHoW
04-13-2006, 08:25 PM
What kind of body fat are you at now?

I've seen pics of you before but it just seems more crazy seeing it in the video.

actually I think i asked this before...

Canadian Crippler
04-13-2006, 08:53 PM
The music is horrendous! But you guys look great.

Clifford Gillmore
04-13-2006, 10:03 PM
You guys look fantastic!

20firebird02
04-13-2006, 10:29 PM
DAMN yall r ripped. nice work :bow:

brickt.
04-14-2006, 01:03 AM
It gets my WBB thumb up seal of approval.

:thumbup:

Slim Schaedle
04-14-2006, 11:32 AM
Cool as vid Slim. So did I miss something? Do you own your own gym? I'm a little confused
Thanks. Gym is in near future but in home personal training for now.

Looking good. I'd have to say the new rec center is better than the old one though, just based on the fact that you don't have to really wait for anything. Still not the best though.

I was gonna ask why there's hardly anyone at all lifting in the rec, but then I noticed you did it over spring break.
I think I saw you in there a few days ago. I admit, it is nice to have new rquipment and more space and bars that are not bent....but man....I could get a pump just walking down those steps to the basement of the Shoemaker center. That stale, warm, putrid air was something they can't recreate in the new place. All top dogs who work there know us by first names because of all the hell we have raised and how many rules we break. They closed the weight room during a severe thunderstorm last friday and threatened to ban us if we worked out anyway. We were going to accept the ban untl Glen told us the ban would be a long one. But at least we got him to order a seated calf machine.

Thanks Duffman

good stuff, very awesome music. You guys are damn ripped, too. Nice squat and dead form. Inspirational stuff, guys.
Thanks.

What kind of body fat are you at now?

I've seen pics of you before but it just seems more crazy seeing it in the video.

actually I think i asked this before...
Both our baodyfat levels are higher right now. I am only 185 in the "photo shoot" part of the video. All others shots I am about 220. Leaning out again right now until about september. This years bulk was only about 3 months.

I really have no idea on bodyfat. I don't bother using calipers because I don't put faith in them.

The music is horrendous! But you guys look great. Thanks Crip. What kind of music do you like?

You guys look fantastic!
Much appreciated

DAMN yall r ripped. nice work :bow:
Thanks, no need to worship though..haha.

It gets my WBB thumb up seal of approval.

:thumbup:
Thanks bro. When are we gonna see of pics of you?

MixmasterNash
04-14-2006, 11:52 AM
That was some of the worst music in history.

And the lighting was horrible!

Fix those things, and you'll be set.

Ironman15
04-14-2006, 12:02 PM
I think I saw you in there a few days ago. I admit, it is nice to have new rquipment and more space and bars that are not bent....but man....I could get a pump just walking down those steps to the basement of the Shoemaker center. That stale, warm, putrid air was something they can't recreate in the new place. All top dogs who work there know us by first names because of all the hell we have raised and how many rules we break. They closed the weight room during a severe thunderstorm last friday and threatened to ban us if we worked out anyway. We were going to accept the ban untl Glen told us the ban would be a long one. But at least we got him to order a seated calf machine.

Yea the shoe did have more of that hardcore feel. And I've broke quite a few rules myself: doing "heavy" deads at the shoe, using a backpack to hold weight for pullups, and doing cleans at the new rec. The only time they said anything to me though was using the backpack. I told the guy until they buy a weightbelt I was using this, he got pretty pissed so I just bought my own. And yea that thunderstorm was crazy I had to drive home through, live about 25 miles north of UC. But thats badass on the seated calf machine. What time you guys usually work out? I'm usually there pretty late like between 10:30 and midnight.

Slim Schaedle
04-14-2006, 12:05 PM
That was some of the worst music in history.

And the lighting was horrible!

Fix those things, and you'll be set.
No one likes Trapt, hmm

Lighting problems, etc were explained in opening post. Footage was not originally intended to be put together in video.

Manveet
04-14-2006, 12:41 PM
Cool vid.

lifteroiho
04-24-2006, 04:45 PM
CINCI! Until I watched the entire movie I was thinking Cal! Your new rec center is looking good. I'm happy though at OSU that they didnt replace the hardcore facilities on north campus, just the central one.

Good luck!

Focused70
04-24-2006, 04:57 PM
form is amazing.

the music isn't my cuppa tea tho. :p

lilmase1153
04-24-2006, 05:56 PM
The music is what makes the vid....

Oh and you guys are ok too I guess :p

Munky
04-24-2006, 06:54 PM
what was that excerise you did when you were laying across the flat bench and holding the dumbell past your head?

Slim Schaedle
04-24-2006, 07:55 PM
what was that excerise you did when you were laying across the flat bench and holding the dumbell past your head?
Pullovers.

The infamous "rib cage expander" from back in Arnold's day.

A great lat exercise for me personally.

Much thanks for the responses guys, .

d'Anconia
04-24-2006, 10:34 PM
Slim I think you need to see a doctor. It appears you have half a dozen big scales growing on your stomach.
BTW how old are you?

Meat_Head
04-25-2006, 01:45 PM
Looks good! Ya'll are definately putting your work it. I say you both need a bulk! Reap the benefits of that heavy squatting and deadlifting.

Slim Schaedle
04-25-2006, 05:56 PM
Looks good! Ya'll are definately putting your work it. I say you both need a bulk! Reap the benefits of that heavy squatting and deadlifting.
Thanks Meathead. Actually alot of that footage was at the peak of our bulk. In the shirtless pics, I was 184. That was Decemeber 13th. In the others scenes I was about 220. That was spring break (March 19-25)

Cutting now.

Blood&Iron
04-25-2006, 07:49 PM
I am 78% less heterosexual for having heard that song, which for me is a big problem.

Change that goddamn music. Get some Slayer or AC/DC. ****, Judy Garland would be less gay. Otherwise, pretty cool.

Meat_Head
04-25-2006, 10:04 PM
Whats wrong with ya'll, that's a damn good band

Progress
05-03-2006, 10:50 AM
Slim, you look awesome. So that's UC's gym. Xavier's is new and nice but certainly not that big and there is only one power rack, no squating rack. Plus, I'm only among like three guys who do DLs.

Again, you look amazing! (no homo)

Slim Schaedle
05-03-2006, 11:18 AM
Slim, you look awesome. So that's UC's gym. Xavier's is new and nice but certainly not that big and there is only one power rack, no squating rack. Plus, I'm only among like three guys who do DLs.

Again, you look amazing! (no homo)
The place is certainly awesome...but for the hardcore lifter, there can be many complaints. I really shouldn;t complain too much but I am the type the stands up for the cause if it is worth the price and our bitching to the higher-ups got them to change some things. I still can't wear a cut off in there and still have a good pump. too much cold air circulation and not enough area-specific climate control features) And with the amount of cardio bunnies in there to nonchalantly and discretely show off to, that really gets to me.

Thanks for the comments though.

Sidior
05-03-2006, 11:33 AM
Whats wrong with ya'll, that's a damn good band

no

Progress
05-03-2006, 12:30 PM
The place is certainly awesome...but for the hardcore lifter, there can be many complaints. I really shouldn;t complain too much but I am the type the stands up for the cause if it is worth the price and our bitching to the higher-ups got them to change some things. I still can't wear a cut off in there and still have a good pump. too much cold air circulation and not enough area-specific climate control features) And with the amount of cardio bunnies in there to nonchalantly and discretely show off to, that really gets to me.

Thanks for the comments though.

That sucks when the temp isn't up to spec. To warm and you're sweating before a set is over and too cold and you get the issues you mentioned. A happy medium is critical.

Regarding cardio bunnies, what you mean? Too many girly girls or girly guys?

Meat_Head
05-03-2006, 12:38 PM
no

What other trinkets of wisdom can you bring us from the depths of musical ignorance?

jk :D

Slim Schaedle
05-03-2006, 10:42 PM
That sucks when the temp isn't up to spec. To warm and you're sweating before a set is over and too cold and you get the issues you mentioned. A happy medium is critical.

Regarding cardio bunnies, what you mean? Too many girly girls or girly guys?
Oh, i meant that there are plenty of bunnies frolicing amongst the cardio equipment and that it pisses me off that it too cold for a cut-off.....blows my chance to tactically show off a little.

Progress
05-04-2006, 05:58 AM
Oh, i meant that there are plenty of bunnies frolicing amongst the cardio equipment and that it pisses me off that it too cold for a cut-off.....blows my chance to tactically show off a little.

I see.

Mussty
05-06-2006, 06:47 AM
Nice vid. I liked to music. Can i ask who is it by?

Slim Schaedle
03-24-2008, 11:05 PM
Just a little FYI for anyone who might view this....

The inital efforts on this project (FF) were disbanded 2.5 years ago when the labs where I currently work sought my employment and offered valuable opportunity.

Nosaj
03-25-2008, 02:54 AM
You gained any mass since you made this video? =P Let's see some updates!

Slim Schaedle
03-25-2008, 03:31 AM
You gained any mass since you made this video? =P Let's see some updates!

haha, yeah I am 40 pounds heavier than the shots with my shirt off.

Keith
03-25-2008, 09:35 AM
Jesus. Let's see some updates then!!

MichaelKeck
03-25-2008, 11:30 AM
you guys look great!!! i confused to what you are going to promote with the video?

Slim Schaedle
03-25-2008, 11:34 AM
you guys look great!!! i confused to what you are going to promote with the video?

Thanks bro.

It was really just something fun I threw together 2 years ago to motivate us while we were getting started on an in-home personal training business.

It really has no legitimate marketable value for our proposed target population.

As I mentioned, we disbanded it.

I had never made anything like it before or used a video program, so I had fun expressing my artsy side.

I had the link to it in my signature like 2 years ago, and people PMed me encouraging me to post it up.

Slim Schaedle
03-25-2008, 11:37 AM
Jesus. Let's see some updates then!!

yeah, I know, lol.

Is my forearm ok for now?

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll94/SlimJRS/tn21404471_33515830_7060.jpg

Cirino83
03-25-2008, 11:40 AM
yeah, I know, lol.

holy ****. your forearm > my waist

JSully
03-25-2008, 01:07 PM
40LBS in 2.5 years, not bad at all. You're obviously still lean too as that's a "hard" forearm. What's your weight? Lets see some more pics!

Keith
03-25-2008, 01:43 PM
yeah, I know, lol.

Good god! That 40 lb gain must have been all LBM.

Let's see some more pics dammit!!

TopCat
03-25-2008, 09:41 PM
Man, crazy seeing that old video again. Didn't realize it until watching it just now, but you have put on quite a bit of mass since then.

Slim Schaedle
03-25-2008, 09:47 PM
Man, crazy seeing that old video again. Didn't realize it until watching it just now, but you have put on quite a bit of mass since then.

I think counting calories had alot to do with it.

Those were back in the days before I measured and counted, and just went by a rough guideline.

Then again, we had dieted down for the pictures.

Slim Schaedle
03-26-2008, 05:34 PM
Fine, I give in....

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll94/SlimJRS/n21409332_31533358_6872.jpg

MihalikPJ
03-26-2008, 06:19 PM
wow just wow...

But your a beast now!

Slim Schaedle
03-26-2008, 06:25 PM
wow just wow...

But your a beast now!

I told you I have been cutting....to like....160 :(

homie.
03-26-2008, 06:35 PM
Man that gym looks like the one i go to.

bjohnso
03-26-2008, 07:27 PM
Fine, I give in....

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll94/SlimJRS/n21409332_31533358_6872.jpg

Is that you?

Slim Schaedle
03-26-2008, 08:10 PM
haha

yep, post basic training

6 weeks of extreme catabolism.

bjohnso
03-26-2008, 08:19 PM
You don't even look like the same person. You look like you drank mutagen like shredder in that ninja turtles movie.

Slim Schaedle
03-26-2008, 08:22 PM
You don't even look like the same person. You look like you drank mutagen like shredder in that ninja turtles movie.

hahahahaha

I seriously almost gave up lifting at that point b/c of how hard it was to get to 180 during high school.

JSully
03-27-2008, 10:12 AM

bahahahahaha

that movie was awesome!