PDA

View Full Version : kettlebells

psyte
04-13-2006, 12:05 AM
Does anyone know of any stores where kettlebells are sold? I've checked major sporting goods stores in my area (Los Angeles), but cannot find them. I'm trying to avoid buying them online since the shipping charges are almost as much as the bells themselves.

lilmase1153
04-13-2006, 12:45 AM
I would suggest something like this if your just getting into kettlebells, its more versatile and allows you to adjust the weight..

http://www.kettlestack.com/level.itml/icOid/4

russianwol
04-13-2006, 04:02 PM
Search for a BarBell Company in your area - maybe they make them. Barbell companies are like small time iron shops that cator to strongment, etc.

Also, you could sign up for one of the seminars from RKC like - Mike Mahler's. I remember he said they always sell KBs at the seminars.

I'm looking to get into those as well. As soon as I get my ass together and sign up for a seminar :)

FOGLE1
04-13-2006, 10:08 PM
Man Kettle Bells are one hell of a work out if you use them correctly!

Sensei
04-13-2006, 10:24 PM
I really doubt you'll be able to find a retail store that carries them. Search online or ask someone at the DragonDoor forums - they'll be more likely to know of any if they exist.

As far as the kind of kettlebell you get, decide what you are going to do w. it and then make a decision about who you buy it from. I have two from Dragon Door and love them - they are far from the cheapest, but they are well made and I plan on passing them on to my son some day if he has any interest at all.

psyte
04-14-2006, 12:06 AM
Great info, thank you all.
Looks like I've got a bit more research to do before I pick one up.
Will probably end up going with dragondoor, so thanks for the review on them Sensei.

Sensei
04-24-2006, 02:25 PM
You might look into kettlebells from this company: http://www.power-systems.com/nav/closeup.aspx?c=17&g=3040&Kettlebells

I've bought some things from them before and I've usually been pretty satisfied with the products. The KBs don't look like they have the epoxy coating like the DragonDoor KBs do, but other than that, they look pretty good and the price is about half as much!