PDA

View Full Version : Cheat Day/Meal

Mr. D
04-13-2006, 03:33 PM
Ive been on a cut for about 3-4 weeks now(lost 2.5 lbs). Ive been tempted to get a cheat meal or day in.

My question is, should I have this on a lifting or rest day?On rest days, i aim for only about 100g of CHO. I wanted to have a cheat day on Sunday, but I wont be doing any kind of exercise on that day.

If i do cheat, should i just not worry about entering anything into Fitday that day?

ddegroff
04-13-2006, 03:39 PM
i don't enter into fitday because I know its got tons of cals in it anyways. I usually do it on sunday but it tends to be pretty much all i eat that day. Since my cut slowed down i've been cutting it down to just a meal on workout days.

Patz
04-13-2006, 04:05 PM
It doesn't matter what you eat, or what day you eat it.

One meal won't wreck a diet. Go enjoy yourself..

Mr. D
04-14-2006, 07:10 AM
so i went on sugar binge last night and had about 600 cal worth of indian sweets. I guess that qualifies as my cheat? Next one in 4 weeks? In good news i am down to 164 from 168 (4 weeks)

ddegroff
04-14-2006, 08:41 AM
Next on in 4 wks? do it when you want, I usually do a cheat meal everyweek.
Qualifies as a cheat? well did you need those 600cals of sugar? was it preworkout? if no to both those questions then yes its your cheat. Hell a roasted chicken breast with brownrice meal that puts me over my cals for the day is a cheat (on at cut atleast).

Mr. D
04-14-2006, 08:46 AM
i didnt need those sugar calories and it was a couple hours post workout.

ddegroff
04-14-2006, 08:47 AM
cheat meal/cheat cals

Silverback
04-14-2006, 09:35 AM
Dont worry about it dude.....

My cheat days are dirtier than a Atlanta Hooker, i usually rack up 4000-6000 cals of crap, thats like 10 Big Macs....

I keep getting leaner, if you diet hard and dont provide any another stimulus you will harm your metabolic rate and **** up fat loss...

Mr. D
04-14-2006, 09:45 AM
so if i have another cheat meal on sunday, will that mess things up? 4000-6000 cals, what is your cut calorie level?

Silverback
04-14-2006, 09:49 AM
Nah man, My cut level is between 2400-2600

Holto
04-14-2006, 10:00 AM
If I cheat I do it on a WO day. I do this out of trying to avoid guilt more than anything.

getfit
04-14-2006, 11:27 AM
so i went on sugar binge last night and had about 600 cal worth of indian sweets. I guess that qualifies as my cheat? Next one in 4 weeks? In good news i am down to 164 from 168 (4 weeks)
indian swwets are just awesome,i hope you enjoyed your 600cals, i know i would have :D

Jordanbcool
04-15-2006, 10:49 AM
I went to a buffet this week one day. It was kinda gay because I had already eaten pretty close to my cut calories that day. Anyways I actually watched what I ate at the buffet. I ate alot of veggies and ate anything with protein. This is what I ended up eating when it was all said and done.

2 sodas
A large piece of fried chicken
1 1/2 cup of spagetti with meat sauce
A large turkey leg
A ton of veggies as stated
A small piece of cheesecake
2 6oz t-bone steaks

I got some decent protein but at the end of the day that meal racked up to 2500 cals. What im supposed to have in a day :(

I asked built what I should do and she said not to worry about it. But right now im deducting those 2500 calories from the rest of the weeks cals. I dunno. I figure as long as I keep my protein really high (300) I wont lose any muslce mass and stay on track. Next time im going to plan my binge meals/cheat meals better........

-jordan

kanute
04-17-2006, 09:25 AM
I used easter dinner as my cheat...I had green bean casserole, ham, deviled egg whites, banana bread pudding and some candy. I hadn't eaten like that in quite a while. I went home feeling sick...I have been dieting for about a month now. How much will that have hurt me to eat like that? I now feel bloated and my stomach doesn't seem as cut at all. Can someone please let me know if what I did will jump start my metabolism or hurt me and my goals? Thanks.

getfit
04-17-2006, 09:52 AM
I used easter dinner as my cheat...I had green bean casserole, ham, deviled egg whites, banana bread pudding and some candy. I hadn't eaten like that in quite a while. I went home feeling sick...I have been dieting for about a month now. How much will that have hurt me to eat like that? I now feel bloated and my stomach doesn't seem as cut at all. Can someone please let me know if what I did will jump start my metabolism or hurt me and my goals? Thanks.
don't worry about it, one meal won't change a single thing.

Jordanbcool
04-17-2006, 11:37 AM
don't worry about it, one meal won't change a single thing.

Agreed. Im about to post a new thread concerning cut diets/water weight/cheat meals. Look for it if your interested. It will mostly contain random thoughts and discussion of muscle breakdown/rebuild during a cut.

-jordan